MA over Equity-Indicator for Hedge Trading

I am looking for help developing a variation of the Bal_Eq_Ind which plots the change in account equity relative to a deposit amount.

I would like to have a variation of this indicator plot the equity, not based on the real account, but on the value based on a particular deposit date and deposit balance relative to a cross pair of choice. I would also like to have my favorite MA, 'MegaTrend' , applied over this equity plot in the same indicator window.

So 'why' you may ask?

I am interested in hedge trading of the EURUSD / USDCHF. I began watching the positive hedge swing directly by plotting the MegaTrend line over the synthetic cross, EURCHF. This works well but I noticed that the hedged P/L value behaves with uncanny foreshadowing of the hedge trend and is very responsive. When the equity P/L float diverges from the price movement of the EURCHF, a change in trend direction occurs soon after.

For example, EURCHF begins to consolidate from its downward trend and yet the net equity continues to move downward - a reversal in the spread direction soon follows. (See middle of pic)

So this brings two possibilities to mind. One, if we could create an additional equity plot of the continuing change in spread value (P/L), it could be monitored for divergence and also be used as a entry/exit signal for trading the spread if an MA was applied to the indicator.

Unfortunately, the current Bal_Eu_Ind indicator is linked to the real-time equity change of the real account so it cant be used as is. We would need the indicator to keep calculating the net P/L simply based on a date in the near past of our choice.

I also don't know how to plot a moving average over this indicator, anyhow.

Hi,

are u saying u are using this indicator to help your entry as well as your

account bal movement due to this hedge?

Can you pls explain and share how you are using this indicator for your hedging?

Thanks

Chart consolidates but hedge equity dips for a moment

I have not really used it directly in trading but I notice that there are times that the equity balance from the 2 position hedge diverges from the price of the cross pair prior to a big move. For example, eurchf price begins to consolidate but the equity from the eurusd and usdchf hedge dips down sharply, during consolidation...and then the big move starts. You can see this in the middle of the screen shot.

I would like to somehow have an indicator that measures the correlation of the eurchf price vs the running equity as seen in the red line indicator.

Great indicator for the real time equity, thank you for posting. Have you managed to get a moving average onto it?

Hi there,

Is there anyone who had any luck putting the MA over the equity line ?

Thanks

Indicator--Mega Trend

Where do I find Mega Trend? Thanks, Don

Reason: