SINE TREND system from Ehler - page 2

Sour

What is the meaning of my posts?

Here is the meaning of my first post.

Complexity= The quality or condition of being complex...Complexity=state that arises in a feedback system,as the financial markets,when new decisions feed back on previous ones

Complex= Involved or intricate- complicated...For whom?..a child sees 3 letters ...a student sees a word..;)

This means that Ehler's mesa system is monitored and reported on at a web site called Futures Truth.

I meant you can go there and see its results..And what was your intention?..had you done so?if yes,why not just post the results?If not..self explanatory..

It appears you did that. What did you not understand about this post? Your rudeness,sourness and lack of checking behind your assumptions..for starters

My other post:

You replied that you had already done this. What did you not understand about it? See above..

Its likely that I noticed since my post was about Ehler. Don't you think? ..]See below..;)[/QUOTE

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

I think that you are a sour individual(unless you have multiple personality disorder,in which case we have been unfortunate enough to meet the wrong one)....don`t you agree ? Smiling will probably improve your mood..but who cares anyway..;)

SIMBA:
I think that you are a sour individual(unless you have multiple personality disorder,in which case we have been unfortunate enough to meet the wrong one)....don`t you agree ? Smiling will probably improve your mood..but who cares anyway..;)

What have I written that would cause you to attack me personally?

I haven't done that to you.

I said that Ehler's stuff was complicated. It is.

I said his systems were monitored at Future Truth and you can go there and check the results.

They are and you can.

You asked me the meaning of what I had written.

I attempted to explain it again.

Ehlers indicators

As I have been trading using some of the Ehlers ideas for years, perhaps I can add something to this discussion.

Firstly, I think that, at the base of most of Ehlers indicators, we find the "dominant cycle" - this suggests (according to Ehlers) that the market move in a certain cycle (period) - something which most traders will agree with because we can see some cycle when looking at the chart.

However, this Ehlers dominant cycle is one of only a few ways I know of to measure the market cycle frequency in real time - it's easy to calculate once it has happenend but in real time...?

This dominant cycle can be used in any variety of ways - does not really matter which indicators you use (I think)

For instance, using a simple MACD (as an example only) would it not be much more beneficial if we could change the slow/fast periods in real time - and according to the dominant market cycle (in real time?)

Next, I draw the Ehlers trendline (on the price graph) - then, calculate the dominant cycle on this trendline (personally, I calculate 4 such cycles, typically trading the 2nd or 3rd cycle.)

As a base for this - it is a well known "fact" that in the market the factor 5 becomes important (why, I do not know.) For instance, we look at the 5/30 minute chart (a factor of 6) Then, perhaps the 3 or 4 hour chart (a factor of 6 or 8)

What if we could measure this factor - according to prevailing market conditions? At the least, we'd know which chart to look at - I think.

All this (and much more) I measure - in fact, my neural network is only an attempt to predict the upcoming (ever changing) dominant cycle - this is my main input to all my indicators.

In this way, I have an ever changing, ever adapting system that will try follow the market - in real time (thanks to those Ehlers principals.)

Using Ehlers as a base for your trading system can lead to a robust trading system that will attempt to follow prevailing market conditions - is this not what we all are trying to achieve?

Ehlers Sinewave

Again - I can only talk about personal experience (but this, I will share gladly.)

I think that this indicator is truly a work of art - we should remember that there is a well known principle (the Heisenburgh principle) which states that is is impossible to measure both wave frequency and phase at the same time.

Furthermore - in realtime trading we have only historical data (the future is unknown) and as such even frequency measurements becomes (at best) unreliable.

The Ehlers sinewave is an attempt to overcome both the above - however, keep in mind that the above are firm limitations and as such, the sinewave will has it's own limitations.

However - in my own trading system - I map the sinewave back to the price domain and this provides some interesting information.

For instance, the mapped sinewave will follow the market correctly (almost perfectly - missing turns with 2-3 periods only) during range conditions.

At breakout, the mapped sinewave will also turn in the direction of the (upcoming) trend, giving a clear indication that a potential breakout is under way. (This information cannot be seen as easily looking at the sinewave indicator only - yet, according to Ehlers, this should be the point from where to trade the Ehers trendline instead of the sinewave.)

However - the mapped sinewave tends to follow trend direction in any case (more accurately) and, using the mapped sinewave, trendline and cycle period my system will try make a decision when any such trend is over and the market is ranging again.

I have to admit that the system does not rely only on the above to make the decision (ranging or trending) but, it certainly does take the above into account.

Hope this may help someone out there...

Thanks for your very informative posts...I think a cycle indicator could be very useful in this market especially when used in multiple time frames.

If you have one for MT4, please post.

Thanks again

Sinewave

RickW00716:
Thanks for your very informative posts...I think a cycle indicator could be very useful in this market especially when used in multiple time frames.

If you have one for MT4, please post.

Thanks again

Sinewave indicator for mt4 you can find here

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/59/sinewaveindv0.1.mq4

In that thread you can find several other ehlers indicators

SIMBA:
Sinewave indicator for mt4 you can find here

https://c.mql5.com/forextsd/forum/59/sinewaveindv0.1.mq4

In that thread you can find several other ehlers indicators

SIMBA

This is the MQ file, here's the link actual link, I believe: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980

Thanks

ET

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/174980

All John Ehlers Indicators...thread

Thanks to all

Gentle People:

Thanks to all that have taken the time to read AND reply to this topic, I sincerely appreciate it.

Nonetheless, I must go back to my original ask to this very giving forum.

Are there any programmers who have coded (in MQL4) the sine trend EA I have placed in the first post of this thread?

There is so much brain power here and, I find it incredible to see such interest in this topic.

Please let me know. As I said, I too hope to be able, at some point in my trading "career", to be able to give something back to this and other forums.

Thanks

EF

thanks to all, but question still remains...

Gentle People:

Thanks to all that have taken the time to read AND reply to this topic, I sincerely appreciate it.

Nonetheless, I must go back to my original ask to this very giving forum.

Are there any programmers who have coded (in MQL4) the sine trend EA I have placed in the first post of this thread?

There is so much brain power here and, I find it incredible to see such interest in this topic.

Please let me know. As I said, I too hope to be able, at some point in my trading "career", to be able to give something back to this and other forums.

Thanks

EF

Reason: