Phoenix - Development+Suggestions - MQ4 in Post#1 - page 5

daraknor:
As post 34 says, we are still working on settings for EURUSD. You are welcome to work on CFD/Gold settings and contribute them!

The settings below look pretty clean on 30min Euro/usd chart.

Still not sure what the TP or SL values should be.

Lots = 1;

extern double MaximumRisk = 0.05;

extern double DecreaseFactor = 3;

extern bool PrefSettings = true;

extern bool MM = false;

extern bool AccountIsMicro = false;

extern int TakeProfit = 10;

extern int StopLoss = 10;

extern int TrailingStop = 0;

extern int SMAPeriod = 11;

extern int SMA2Bars = 50;

extern double Percent = 0.001;

extern int EnvelopePeriod = 20;

extern int OSMAFast = 8;

extern int OSMASlow = 40;

extern double OSMASignal = 10;

extern int TradeFrom1 = 0;

extern int TradeUntil1 = 24;

extern int TradeFrom2 = 0;

extern int TradeUntil2 = 0;

extern int TradeFrom3 = 0;

extern int TradeUntil3 = 0;

extern int TradeFrom4 = 0;

extern int TradeUntil4 = 0;

extern int Fast_Period = 4;

extern int Fast_Price = PRICE_OPEN;

extern int Slow_Period = 15;

extern int Slow_Price = PRICE_OPEN;

extern double DVBuySell = 0.0003;

extern double DVStayOut = 0.006;

corner_h:
Here is comparison of ALPARI UK real vs demo data

I just opened real account and looking at the data feeds visually.

This one is at least looks more alike

It looks the bar open/close times are slightly skewed, like the demo data is a few seconds behind. There are also different prices in the high/low data as well. If you email me exported log files, I will load them into SQL and hunt for different high/low data. ian at bestforextools dot com.

daraknor:
I agree, Error Handling is better than Error Reporting only.

The fix for this issue is to call RefreshRates(); then immediately set the SL at current price+ MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) for sell orders and Current Price - MarketInfo(Symbol(), MODE_STOPLEVEL) for buy orders.

I'll code this for release end of week if nobody else does. If you do make the change, please post it as a code snippet here.

Hi daraknor, I would like to help you coding, but few parts of the code seem strangely to me, so I dont know if i am wrong or it's so intended.

Why we use GlobalVariables to determine if Mode 3s second and third trades have SL.

When you trade another pair in another EA these variables will affect the second EA and its SL will never modified.

The SL used in Mode3_MoveSL_Trade_2_3() is a simple BreakEvenStop isn't it?

And what's the meaning of SL in Mode3_MoveSL_Trade_3()?

It sets 2:1 Win/loss ratio?

In each case we should change

if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)

{

if(OrderProfit()>0) FirstOrSecondTrade=true;

break;

}

[/PHP]

to

[PHP] if(OrderType()<=OP_SELL && OrderSymbol()==Symbol() && OrderMagicNumber()==MagicNumber)

{

if((OrderProfit() + OrderSwap() + OrderCommission())>0) FirstOrSecondTrade=true;

break;

}

to calculate the real profit.

Buy Sell signals Indicator

See attached Buy/Sell indicator for Phoenix.

I've also uploaded it into msg#4 on FAQ thread.

Now we can (almost) see it's soul

Diferences

This Buy/Sell plotting signal Indicator is really usefull. Look at attached picture. On left side is Demo account with FXDD and on the right side is demo account with Crown Forex. Look, signals aren't the same. (Ignore those blue and purple dots on the left side - those belong to some other indicator)

All settings are the same. And I'm using the same version of Phoenix - default settings - but risk factor 0.3 as real contest version.

While speaking about differences, there is more. I have Phoenix v5_6_04 mode2 on pair GBPJPY - on both demo accounts. All is the same and all are default settings.

EA openned one buy position on FXDD account (so far profitable) and two buy positions with Crown account (both in red) - so here we have big diference. no wonder, our statements don't match.

One more thing. I have Live account with Interactive Brokers (no MT4 support grrr) and I was comparing live data with Crown Demo data. There are big diferences from time to time. Crown was off up to 2.5 pips and you didn't see any trade with Crown, while IB ticker was very bussy.

But then again, IB is not really broker but more ECN and we know there are diferences betwen ECN's and Brokers.

Daraknor, somewhere you posted, that we may be forced to do separate settings for different brokers. Then different settings for different pairs. Man, do you see where this may go - all possible combinations. This may lead into task overflow lol

So, just my two cents, I would keep looking to reduce possible tasks:

- Let's find out which broker perform the best and then let's optimize EA only for that broker. If Phoenix will generate pips I doubt we will have hard time start opening account there lol

- Let's only focus on few pairs. Even only one would be good for start. That way we could direct more time/energy/resources into main projects IMHO

And, one last thing, Daraknor, don't answer on this (and some other) msgs. If you find something usefull from this one, just make mental note.

Don't get burned up and side tracked with keep answering every msg.

Mario

Files:

alamanjani:

- Let's find out which broker perform the best and then let's optimize EA only for that broker. If Phoenix will generate pips I doubt we will have hard time start opening account there lol

- Let's only focus on few pairs. Even only one would be good for start. That way we could direct more time/energy/resources into main projects IMHO

Once we find out which broker is the most desirable, we can open there Live account with our sponsored money. I also support this idea. I also suggest to stay moderate (and preferably the same amount for everyone interested) with participations.

We can start with mini account if needed. If EA is (or will be) good we will later switch to regular account anyway, by organic growth

Mario

alamanjani:

So, just my two cents, I would keep looking to reduce possible tasks:

English is not my primary language and I have hard time to express myself, so one more try lol:

My point is, instead of trying to create EA which would work everywhere with all pairs, let's rather focus into those areas, where EA perform better and just use them for making pips. If (for example) It can make decent profit with one pair, who care if can also make decent profit with another pair....kinda

So, that way, maitenance/development can focus more into:

1 - bug free

2 - trying to improve EA for different market conditions so it is not loosing when unfavorable.

3 - optimizing, of course

And once, we achieve first three points, then later if there will still be enough will and energy, we can try to work on other tasks (more brokers, more pairs...)

But, I may be 100% wrong. So take this as thoughts from someone with limited knowledge. I will be glad and happy, whatever road/decission we will take. As long as we go on

Mario

ericbach:

The settings below look pretty clean on 30min Euro/usd chart.

Still not sure what the TP or SL values should be.

Cool! Which mode?

Mario

About setting

hi, daraknor

Phoenix works with optimized-setting, Hendrick suggests that this optimization is valid until consecutive-losses.

And when we meet this condition we must recalculate another optimization.

There are many market-conditions than can favorite Ea or no, although we 've optimize parameters.

What do you think if we use fixed-setting, and the same setting for several currency/pairs ?

in my opinion : optimization is good in past, but we' re working now

giapel

Phoenix indication looks bad. What am I missing?

Hi,

I got hold of the indicator showing Phoenix triggers by putting up arrows on the chart. I put in the default settings, and also played around with other settings. What immediately stuck me was that I would throw this indicator away immediately if I was evaluating it for manual trading. It's a lot of trigger-arrows and they seem to point up or down almost randomly. Well there was some good indication, but a lot was bad. What am I missing? The pair I was looking at was USDJPY on 1h charts with default settings.

Reason: