MT4 custom indicators on Vista platform? - page 3

Still having problems

There seems to be two locations with the same files

C:/users/whateveryourmainfolderis/appdata/local/vituralstore/programfiles/metatrader4

and

C:\Program Files (x86)\Interbank FX Trader 4.

The program seems to go back and forth. Are they both needed? Can the program be forced to use just one location?

Metatrader4 or Vista or AVG or... ?

hi all,

last 3 days my MT4 platform crash then i make fresh installation. The installation successfull but the update failed at Metalang.exe (build 220)

my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium & AVG antivirus. I was thinking its a problem of AVG then im uninstalling it but same situation happened.

i have been trying many mt4 platform including ibfx, wd4, fxpro etc...same...it stop updating at Metalang.exe

anybody have suggestion how to solve this kind of problem ?

thnx

You have to go into AVG and exclude your MT4 platforms.

CP6:
hi all,

last 3 days my MT4 platform crash then i make fresh installation. The installation successfull but the update failed at Metalang.exe (build 220)

my laptop running Windows Vista Home Premium & AVG antivirus. I was thinking its a problem of AVG then im uninstalling it but same situation happened.

i have been trying many mt4 platform including ibfx, wd4, fxpro etc...same...it stop updating at Metalang.exe

thnx

CP6:
hi all,

thnx

Why do you need to update ? Maybe try to take a fresh mt4.

If you need some better antivir and firewall, try comodo, the BEST firewall and it's an internet security suite FREE (antivir + firewall)

SSL Free Firewall Two Factor Authentication Products from Comodo

thnx robp & big joe for yur reply.

robp:

- i have uninstalled AVG & make fresh installation of MT4 but the problem still exist.

big joe:

- i make MT4 fresh installation. after the installation succeed, there are pop-up for update. if i dont click this update there is only little or no data came out..thnx for the comodo link, i will try it

thnx again

CP6:
hi all,

thnx

Have you tried it on other machines? I gave it a go on Vista, XP and Linux. All worked without a hitch. You should also not rule out viruses on your machine corrupting the files before they can be processed by MT4.

jafar00:
Have you tried it on other machines? I gave it a go on Vista, XP and Linux. All worked without a hitch. You should also not rule out viruses on your machine corrupting the files before they can be processed by MT4.

thnx jafar00 for yur reply...actually it worked fine on my vista before the crash...

sometime im thinking of downgrading to XP but some friends didnt recomended it because they said that HP tx2000 made for vista and its hard to get driver for XP on tx2000

arghh...this really make me sick...hehe

thnx friends for all reply

MT4/EA compatibility with 64-bit Vista

I'm thinking of purchasing a new desktop computer with an AMD Phenom quad-core processor running 64-bit Vista. The sole purpose will be to run multiple instances of MT4 each running an EA against a separate account.

Does anyone have any comments about any compatibility issues I may run into? I thought the quad-core processor with 64-bit Vista would be the way to go, given the multiple MT4 instances. But would a duo-core Athlon with 32-bit Vista serve the purpose well enough (and obviously without any compatibility concerns)?

Thanks.

bnuckfxTSD:
I'm thinking of purchasing a new desktop computer with an AMD Phenom quad-core processor running 64-bit Vista. The sole purpose will be to run multiple instances of MT4 each running an EA against a separate account.

Does anyone have any comments about any compatibility issues I may run into? I thought the quad-core processor with 64-bit Vista would be the way to go, given the multiple MT4 instances. But would a duo-core Athlon with 32-bit Vista serve the purpose well enough (and obviously without any compatibility concerns)?

Thanks.

a dual core is the way to go, buying a quad core, is basicly a dual core cut in half. You will gain a little from a quad, but not enough to justify the cost

Reason: