Cavaliers Break - page 4

Dooh....I just realized that I had the wrong definition of what a Cavalier was. The second candle closes higher than the first candles HIGH, not close, like I thought... So, there's my answer.

Right

Hi Glen

That's right. Could you please now retest intraday, after this clarification.

zappata:
Hi Glen That's right. Could you please now retest intraday, after this clarification.

Sure. So far I've backtested January 2007 with +327 pips. February had more whipsaws but came out +32. I'll test up to the present and let you know.

This is with one position and closing it when there is a reverse signal. I'm also testing Daily with a TP like you did on the weekly. With a 100 pip TP on position 1 and SAR on position 2, January through May 15, 2007, was +408 including 2 pip spread.

I'm sure there's more ways to make the system profitable... I'll keep you posted . When we get something we like, I can automate it with an EA.

Glen

this is simple

dear Zappata

this is clear and simple, i hope you can write down your rule at pdf or doc file

so we can easyly understand it like in your mind

i made backtest at this "Knights"... and this is the simplest price action i ever seen

which pair do you think the best?

thx

stevenali:
dear Zappata

this is clear and simple, i hope you can write down your rule at pdf or doc file

so we can easyly understand it like in your mind

i made backtest at this "Knights"... and this is the simplest price action i ever seen

which pair do you think the best?

thx

Hi stevenali

After I finish the tests I will sure write a PDF file. Already I have tested this setup on EUR/USD (weekly) the results are promising, Glen is testing hourly & daily, I will try to test on 4h period. I have also started to try to test on GBP/USD weekly similar the way I did with EUR/USD, but I discovered quickly that I should change the parameters & maybe also using 3 cavaliers instead of 2 because the knights of Great Britain seems to travel faster than others.

Which pair I prefer? Myself, I prefer EUR/USD, but this is a subjective statment, because I understand better the price action of this pair. The objective statement should be that this system should work for any pair & any market as long as we can find the adequat parameters to use for this pair or for that market.

Zappata

Nice Job, Zapatta!

I love these simple, mindless, mechanical methods.

It looks like this may be good for a hundred pips or more each month.

Not too sexy - just profitable. And THAT'S sexy!

Congrats.

Oops - just noticed that I mis-spelled your name

zappata:
Hi stevenali

After I finish the tests I will sure write a PDF file. Already I have tested this setup on EUR/USD (weekly) the results are promising, Glen is testing hourly & daily, I will try to test on 4h period. I have also started to try to test on GBP/USD weekly similar the way I did with EUR/USD, but I discovered quickly that I should change the parameters & maybe also using 3 cavaliers instead of 2 because the knights of Great Britain seems to travel faster than others.

Which pair I prefer? Myself, I prefer EUR/USD, but this is a subjective statment, because I understand better the price action of this pair. The objective statement should be that this system should work for any pair & any market as long as we can find the adequat parameters to use for this pair or for that market.

Zappata

i love what i see at eurousd weekly and daily...

thx zappata..... wait for your pdf

Zappata,

please take a look at this setup, is it correct?

Files:
knights.gif  20 kb

thumbs up

i have to admit it's very simple and effective. good job! i think daily and weekly...even monthly is the best. nice work and thank you.

stevenali, i don't see where you have a buy.

the rule states that to have a BUY signal you must have 2 bear bars, the 2nd bar being lower than the previous and the entry is at the high of the 2 bear bars. i don't see it in your first box highlight. perhaps i'm missing something.

Reason: