Cavaliers Break - page 3

zappata:
Thanks in advance

The attached indic just shows the place of the first stop order. Tell me if it's correct.

About the stops, you have to be more clear :

After detecting a buyCavalier, what are you doing ?

1) put a BuyStop order at 1 point above the high of the buyCavalier

2) put a SellStop order at 1 point below the low of the buyCavalier

???

The chart post 8 shows a sellcavalier, but the first arrow seems to be a SellLimit order, not a stop order...

Files:

Michel:
The attached indic just shows the place of the first stop order. Tell me if it's correct.

About the stops, you have to be more clear :

After detecting a buyCavalier, what are you doing ?

1) put a BuyStop order at 1 point above the high of the buyCavalier

2) put a SellStop order at 1 point below the low of the buyCavalier

???

The chart post 8 shows a sellcavalier, but the first arrow seems to be a SellLimit order, not a stop order...

Hi Michel

Thank you for your efforts, I attached the indicator: That's exactly what I wanted but the inverse, let me explain again:

Buy cavaliers: Are 2 bear candles( close of the candle is lower then the open) which the second one have a close lower than the low of the first candle. we put a buy stop 1 pip above the highest high of the 2 cavaliers.

Sell cavaliers: Are 2 bull candles ( close of the candle is higher then open) which the second one have a close higher than the high of the first candle. We put a sell stop 1 pip below the lowest low of the 2 cavaliers.

See you

Zappata,

What hours do you trade this system (London open, US open, etc..)? Do you have any backtesting results? Thank you for sharing this promising system.

Glen

zappata:
Hi Michel

Thank you for your efforts, I attached the indicator: That's exactly what I wanted but the inverse, let me explain again:

Buy cavaliers: Are 2 bear candles( close of the candle is lower then the open) which the second one have a close lower than the low of the first candle. we put a buy stop 1 pip above the highest high of the 2 cavaliers.

Sell cavaliers: Are 2 bull candles ( close of the candle is higher then open) which the second one have a close higher than the high of the first candle. We put a sell stop 1 pip below the lowest low of the 2 cavaliers.

See you

Ok, Is this one correct now ?

Files:

...each new sell cavaliers will cancel the previous one.

Does a SellCavalier cancel also the previous BuyCavalier ?

Michel:
Does a SellCavalier cancel also the previous BuyCavalier ?

I assume the answer is "Yes".

So here is a version showing the real entries. For the buy entries, the price take care of the spread.

Files:

Nice

Michel:
I assume the answer is "Yes". So here is a version showing the real entries. For the buy entries, the price take care of the spread.

Nice work Michel, Thank you

I've been backtesting this system on EUR/USD so far for the months of Jan-March 2007 and the results have not been good.

Jan 07 : +155 pips

Feb 07 : +104 pips

Mar 07 : -134 pips

If a signal was taken and then the SL adjusted, then I'd Stop and Reverse. If a signal was taken and then stopped out on that signal, then I'd wait for the next buy or sell Cavalier. There seems to be too many whipsaws. Does anyone have any better results or filters?

I know one losing month isn't that big of a deal, so I'll continue to backtest, just curious if anyone else was showing different results.

Glen

Weekly

gnllr:
I've been backtesting this system on EUR/USD so far for the months of Jan-March 2007 and the results have not been good.

Jan 07 : +155 pips

Feb 07 : +104 pips

Mar 07 : -134 pips

If a signal was taken and then the SL adjusted, then I'd Stop and Reverse. If a signal was taken and then stopped out on that signal, then I'd wait for the next buy or sell Cavalier. There seems to be too many whipsaws. Does anyone have any better results or filters?

I know one losing month isn't that big of a deal, so I'll continue to backtest, just curious if anyone else was showing different results.

Glen

Hi Glen

I have tested this system intraday, I found that there is many whipsaws, it still profitable but frustrating. We need a certain filter to use it, let's us think together. However, I have tested this system weekly & the result was excellent, it generates 4745 pips from 2/1/2005 to 3/6/2007, the test is calculated with the following criterias:

1- take 2 positions at the same time

2- Close the first one at 350 pip profit

3- Close second after getting a signal in the other direction.

Attached a spreadsheet showing the entries & the exit

Zappata

Files:
cavaliers.zip  3 kb

zappata:
Hi Glen

I have tested this system intraday, I found that there is many whipsaws, it still profitable but frustrating. We need a certain filter to use it, let's us think together. However, I have tested this system weekly & the result was excellent, it generates 4745 pips from 2/1/2005 to 3/6/2007, the test is calculated with the following criterias:

1- take 2 positions at the same time

2- Close the first one at 350 pip profit

3- Close second after getting a signal in the other direction.

Attached a spreadsheet showing the entries & the exit

Zappata

Hi Zappata,

I'm just trying to fully understand when you enter and exit trades. In your spreadsheet, trade 2 on 10/29/2006, wouldn't you have exited the trade like I have in my attached picture? You stayed in the trade until 10/6/2007. Why?

I'm experimenting with moving the second trades SL to Breakeven after trade one hits its TP. Looks good though!

Thanks again for a good strategy focusing on price action only.

Glen

Files:
question1.gif  23 kb
Reason: