- Отзывы (5)
- Обсуждение (29)
- Что нового
Triple Moving Average EA MT4
This Expert advisor (EA) places trades when 3 moving averages (MA) are in consecutive alignment and at a certain distance from each other. Using the default settings it adopts a not very well known strategy used by some institutional traders. It involves the MAs 10, 20 and 30 or 60. The strategy works best on the H4 and D1 time frames. The Triple MA strategy (no matter which MAs are used) should be considered as a long term strategy. There could be a bad month or even a bad half year. This EA is not for traders looking for frequent trades and constant profits over a short term.
The EA can also be used in a more universal way by using other MAs than the ones which are intended for the strategy. It is also possible to trade regular crossovers of 2 MA:s and Hull moving average color changes.
The behavior of the EA can be explained in the following steps (please also see separate screenshot for visualization):
- Look for a trade when all 3 MAs are in consecutive alignment and the minimum distance between them has been reached.
- Exit when trailing stop or any other condition (described below) has been hit.
- Spread, slippage and time filters.
- Moving average trend filter.
- Possibility to select between adding a fixed lot or let the system set the lot size according to risk percentage.
- Possibility to trade in a reverse way (buy when sell, sell when buy) by setting a very wide distance between the MAs which could indicate a reversal.
Please make sure that you first test the EA on a demo account and let at least 10 trades be done. Before going live please also test your setup in the strategy tester.
Please be aware that I do not provide with any trading or money management advices, optimal settings, signals or .set (preset) files. I will only be able to answer questions regarding the meaning of the input parameters, in case something should be unclear in the product's blog
The description and explanation of the input parameters can be found here.
- added Hull moving average color change strategy
- opening of a new trade at crossover (MA1/M2) will now also be valid for the Triple MA strategy
- TP/SL ATR will now be based on the close price instead of the candle's high/low
- added info to the panel about selected Trend MA time frame
- bug fix in the Trend MA close function when using reverse trading
- corrected an issue when using Exit method = Close at trend MA in combination with Trade mode = 2 MA crossover.
- corrected an issue when using reverse mode together with trend MA
- bug fix in the open new trade at crossover function when using Candle shift = 0
- added possibility for ATR trailing stop based on the ATR indicator
- added an option to let the EA trade intracandle, before the candle has been closed. This should be regarded as an unconfirmed signal though.
- the information text in the upper left corner is now embedded in a moveable panel instead. Text colors and panel background are adjustable.
- added 2 new Exit methods and 3 new Take profit methods.
- added ADX filter. The ADX indicator value must be above the level you set in order for a trade to be opened.