Interesting and Humour - page 4593

I came across a list of business ideas rejected by investors today. I was amused by the idea of creating a "temnarik". Quote:

// -----------------------

A Bright Capital Venture Fund employee told an interesting and amusing story: at one of the competitions there was a proposal to invest in the development of a "dark car" - a device that "shines" like a torch, but with darkness instead of light. The co-worker liked the original name of the device, he even saw some prospect for its use, but in fact no such device, which could technically realize this "darkarik", has been invented yet.

Vitaly Murlenko:

I came across a list of business ideas rejected by investors today. I was amused by the idea of creating a "temnarik". Quote:

A Bright Capital Venture Fund employee told an interesting and amusing story: at one of the competitions there was a proposal to invest in the development of a "dark car" - a device that "shines" like a torch, but with darkness instead of light. The co-worker liked the original name of the device, he even saw some prospect for its application, but in fact no such device, which could technically realize this "darkarik", has been invented yet.

My father has been telling everybody for about five years that he ordered a LED lamp on the Internet, which he turns on during the day and you can go to sleep when it is dark in the flat. At first everyone listens and believes me, asks for a price, but then they realize that he is tricking them)

Vitaly Muzichenko:

My father has been telling everyone for about five years that he ordered an LED lamp on the Internet, which he turns on during the day and you can go to bed - it's dark in the flat. At first everyone listens and believes him, asks the price, but then they realise that he is tricking them)

Well, it's easy - you just have to open a black hole at home and put a filter in so it only draws light and nothing else :))))

Moscow population 12.5 million

Population of St. Petersburg 5.3

17.8 in total

Which is already more than 10% of the population of the whole of Russia.

The centralisation of business is driving people from the regions to the capitals.

There was a film on the zoboyachik about the New York Stock Exchange. A trader there made an observation. If the weather in Newark is sunny, the stock goes up. If not, they go down. Has anyone tried to scan the weather by time zone of trading sections in relation to TS?

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Moscow population 12.5 million

Population of St. Petersburg 5.3

17.8 in total

Which is already more than 10% of the population of the whole of Russia.

The centralisation of business is driving people from the regions to the capitals.

All production from Moscow has long since migrated to the regions. In Moscow there are only managers left, and migrants working in the service sector. At the same time, most taxes to the budget come from Moscow, while the other regions are mostly subsidized.

Yuriy Zaytsev:

Just fire, the plaque with the love confession sold for 1.5 million, the artist Artem Loskutov is great. This is how to catch the top of the trend, on the hai sold!

Naturally, you can fully enjoy typing in Google :).

I get the feeling it was a deliberate move :)))

By the way, there were several benches with placards.

Maybe the fence with the swear words described above could be sold to someone (the kind of person who gets off on greed) for a couple of million quid, too? Any advice on which auction to bring it to?

It's been a week of watching major pairs. What about this week, I have been watching it for months. The trend has been strange for the last few months - the currency makes a small bounce and then pulls into a long term sideways movement.

I have long been using a script that shows me how many pips a day (statistically on average) a currency makes. For the sample I take 260 of the last working days. This is just the period = 1 year (there are about 260 working days in a year). So the statistics shows huge drops lately. For example, if few years ago the British pound normally made 170-180 points per day and there was nothing to earn on, now it averages only about a hundred points. The same situation is with other currencies. Forex activity has decreased significantly. I wonder what caused it? Is it caused by people pouring their money into cryptocurrency trading? What do you think about that?

Vitaly Murlenko:

It's been a week of watching major pairs. What about this week, I have been watching it for months. The trend has been strange for the last few months - the currency makes a small bounce and then pulls into a long term sideways movement.

I have long been using a script that shows me how many pips a day (statistically on average) a currency makes. For the sample I take 260 of the last working days. This is just the period = 1 year (there are about 260 working days in a year). So the statistics shows huge drops lately. For example, if few years ago the British pound normally made 170-180 points per day and there was nothing to earn on, now it averages only about a hundred points. The same situation is with other currencies. Forex activity has decreased significantly. I wonder what caused it? Is it caused by people pouring their money into cryptocurrency trading? What do you think about it?

Is it like a joke or something...and what's to laugh about? :)

It's really simple - you've got the stats wrong. 1000 pips then and 1000 pips now are different-valued pips, over longer periods it becomes noticeable and sometimes painful

Vitaly Murlenko:

I have long been using a script that shows me how many pips a day (statistically on average) a currency makes. For the sample I take 260 of the last working days. This is just the period = 1 year (there are about 260 working days in a year). So the statistics shows huge drops lately. For example, if few years ago the British pound normally made 170-180 points per day and there was something to earn on, now it averages only about a hundred points. The same situation is with other currencies. Forex activity has decreased significantly. I wonder what caused it? Is it caused by people pouring their money into cryptocurrency trading? What do you think about that?

Earlier, let's take 2009, which is 10 years ago, you could trade on the news, almost every one had good movement and that every day. The same fooi could run 250-400pp in a day, and now sometimes only 150pp.

Once upon a time economies were competitive, interest rates were good, now everything is fucked and even rates are negative. Plus computerisation, they used to make trends to make money and now they're pipsing.
Where will normal investors invest for the long term? Only funds. Forex is not dead, but no longer as investable as it was 10 years ago, more like speculative.

Reason: