General - page 274

I am renting two dedicated servers from the same host. The lower spec machine is: Xeon E3-1220 with 16GB RAM . The OS is Windows Server 2016 Standard . The higher spec machine is: Dual Intel Xeon E5-2670 with 64GB RAM . The OS is Windows Server 2019 Standard . On the lower spec machine, MT5 runs
When i run FileOpen from within int OnInit(), then the file opens perfectly. When i do the same from Ontimer() then it fails with INVALID_HANDLE ? this is the function which is called each day from Ontimer(without success) or OnInit (with success) void RunExpert( void ){ current_weeknumber =
Hi all, How is reliability rated for a signal. How can a signal provide make his/er signal more reliable? what are the factors affecting reliability rating? Thanks
[Deleted]
Hello guys I have the below code that is supposed to open a chart and apply template, the issue is multiple charts are being open void OPEN_CHART() { bool openchart = true ; if (openchart) { long chartid = ChartOpen (symbol,period);
This channel Prospect "FX New Channel" continuously sends me messages for subscription.I always unsubscribe and within 2 hours again the same. How can i stop this
[Deleted]
I looking to trade with my new broker FP Markets and not sure which platform is better and easy to trade? Is MT4 better than Mt5 because it is an advanced version of MT4
Trades are opening themselves automatically after hitting SL or even after manually closing the positions. What could be the reason
hey, So essentially, I have a manual trading strategy already which involves supply and demand/brekas of structure. However, I wanted to automate part of it as it would make it a lot less time consuming to carry out. is there a way to only automate a small part of your strategy. Is there anyone who
Why does the "stop if equity is less than" not work? I set an amount limit but it doesn't work How to solve this problem
After MT5 upgraded to it's latest build I have been having issues with my local farm optimizations. I cannot run an optimization for more than 2 years (24 months) with agents automatically becoming disabled. This was never an issue is previous builds and I could regularly optimize over 5 year
how i can gain 1 million dollar?
Hi, I am testing a script (MT5) on real time debug mode on GBPUSD. This is the only pair on the chart and the only one I want to test. Strangely, when I start the debug process in real time (green button on edtor) it suddenly opens EURUSD chart and moves the script to work on it. (???) The script
  Global variables issue mql5  (11   1 2)
Hey guys, I coded something and had to use global variables because when I switched timeframes the program re initialized and all as it does and I needed some variables to not lose their values when reinitialized. I am not talking about global variables in termes of scope but global variables like
Hello, Is it possible to find the margin used per position in the history? I made my own expert to export trade history but I couldn't find any variable like (OrderMargin). I know how margin is calculated, it requires the currency price at the open time then it's: Margin = 100,000 * Lots * Open
Thinking of a way to algorithmically adjust lot sizes without a stop loss. Is there a framework or calculation people normally use in this situation
Hi, What do you think is better for backtesting? 4 cores - 30Gb RAM 8 cores - 16 GB RAM Thanks Joao
  ObjectsDeleteAll  (5)
Is there a way to delete all the objects of a single/specific chart, without deleting all the objects, of all the charts, that you have open
I wonder how you manage  the Tick value in your code. For some Symbols it is in the deposit currency but for some Symbols it is in another currency. In my opinion it depends on the value of MARGINCALCMODE. If it is 0 (Forex) the Tick value is in the deposit currency. If the MARGINCALCMODE is 1 (CFD)...
I HAVE BEEN USING THE STANARD WAY OF UPGRADING MY EAS ON MQL5 MARKERT I USSUALLY JUST CHANGE FROM THE SOURCE FILE SAVE ON MY DOWLOADS AND ADD THE VERSION,then upload and it works anyone care to show me ANY other method as i am failing SOME HOW TODAY thank you in advance , error code say i should
I've only heard about IMACD since I joined here. The histogram looks like the same thing though thanks
Does anyone have a code which trails stoploss by moving to lows on an uptrend and highs on a downtrend
Hi guys, I wanna know if anyone cand help me to fix this problem. I try to put my EA on the market but every time I try to validate it I recieve a message about the invalid volumes error when trading EURUSD for 1H. I read the article about fixing EA's problems but I can't find the error in my code
Greetings all, Not sure if this a MT5 thing, or broker, but when I buy a 2nd lot of same cross, its combines and averages the price of the two. Is there a setting that will allow each trade to remain separate
Dear Admin and Users, I have been able to withdraw money with no issues, then i received the message below in April 2022, and can not withdraw any amount since, while my balance is growing which i can not access for withdrawal. I saw many topics and comments about the same issue, most of them solved
Hi there guys. Is there any way to delete fibonacci levels right on the chart? My way of using it is having all the ratios I usually use on the tool, then delete the ones that are not useful at that time, to remove the clutter. Thing is that it is a pain to keep going in and out of indicator
Hello! I sincerely appreciate the environment and the ability to develop a trading Bot based on predefined strategy, it makes trading easier. Today, I really want to request that your team should look into the idea of adding features to the MetaEditor to allow developers collapse and expand a block
What is the point in leaving feedback when new clients can't view it until it is too late Reading a developers feedback SHOULD be part of the selection process as should knowing their time zone Its like applying for a job and saying the CV will be available once you have secured the job Loosing
[Deleted]
int orders = 0 ; for ( int i= OrdersTotal ()- 1 ; i>= 0 ; i--) { ulong orderTicket = OrderGetTicket (i); if ( OrderSelect (orderTicket)) { if ( OrderGetString ( ORDER_SYMBOL )== _Symbol && OrderGetInteger ( ORDER_MAGIC ) == eaMagic) { if (
Hello all! I can't make sense of why the CopyTicks() returns what it returns. I use this code: MqlTick ticks_array[]; int n = CopyTicks ( Symbol (), ticks_array, COPY_TICKS_ALL , 0 , N); if (n != N) { Print ("Waiting for ticks..."); return prev_calculated; }
  Graph addition  (10)
I have come across many graph types and find the Japanese candlestick graph to be the most suitable for me. On this website there are many possibilities of creating new types of signals that are successful based on user experience. My question is... how can a new type of graph be created and