what do these do ?

Yashar Seyyedin  
Lorentzos Roussos:
tx

I havent coded C++ for years. But inline is a compiler directive(used in function definition) to force it to replace all function calls with the function body. This reduces overheads of function calls like parameter passing etc. 

Lorentzos Roussos  
Yashar Seyyedin #:

I havent coded C++ for years. But inline is a compiler directive(used in function definition) to force it to replace all function calls with the function body. This reduces overheads of function calls like parameter passing etc. 

Hmm , i don't seem to be getting it . Thanks for your explanation  🙏

__forceinline void summer(){
  sum=a+b;
  }
int OnInit()
  {
//--- create timer
  int a=5,b=6,sum=0;
  __forceinline summer();

//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }
Fernando Carreiro  
Lorentzos Roussos: tx

They have no effect in MQL5 at the moment. They are just there to reserve the words, nothing else.

MetaTrader 5 Platform Beta Build 1910: Unbound drag-and-drop of charts and .Net libraries in MQL5 - New Metatrader 5 platform to be released on October 14, 2018

10. MQL5: Added support for inline, __inline and __forceinline specifiers when parsing code. The presence of the specifiers in the code causes no errors and does not affect the compilation. At the moment, this feature simplifies transferring С++ code to MQL5.

Find more information about specifiers in MSDN.
Lorentzos Roussos  
Fernando Carreiro #:

They have no effect in MQL5 at the moment. They are just there to reserve the words, nothing else.

MetaTrader 5 Platform Beta Build 1910: Unbound drag-and-drop of charts and .Net libraries in MQL5 - New Metatrader 5 platform to be released on October 14, 2018

10. MQL5: Added support for inline, __inline and __forceinline specifiers when parsing code. The presence of the specifiers in the code causes no errors and does not affect the compilation. At the moment, this feature simplifies transferring С++ code to MQL5.

Find more information about specifiers in MSDN.

Ow , thanks

Yashar Seyyedin  
Lorentzos Roussos #:

Hmm , i don't seem to be getting it . Thanks for your explanation  🙏

In your example the compiler output is:

int OnInit()
  {
//--- create timer
  int a=5,b=6,sum=0;

sum=a+b  
//---
   return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);
  }

It means, replaces the function call with function body. 

Good to know it doesn't perform anything in MQL.

Lorentzos Roussos  
Yashar Seyyedin #:

In your example the compiler output is:

It means, replaces the function call with function body. 

Good to know it doesn't perform anything in MQL.

Okay , i see . I just could not wrap my head around its use .

Thank you 

Reason: