General - page 211

To post a new topic, please log in or register
Hello, I'm a beginner in developing robots and indicators, as I'm more accustomed to programming in MQL5, I'm a bit lost to programming in MQL4. My goal is to call up a specific indicator. In MQL5 I use the "iCustom" function and then "CopyBuffer", since MQL4 does not have the "CopyBuffer" function...
Hi ... is there any page explaining the real time data importing to Excel step-by-step?
Problem One: Overtrading. Many retail traders with little capital often exceed the risk limits and open too big orders hoping that they could live by trading. This is sometimes a part of their trading plan actually... This is what we call overtrading - it is the simplest way to losses and/or burning...
Hey all,  Right now am automatizing my process of optimizing and running tests, I have one question: I want that the terminal automatically exports the single test report in .xlsx format, but when I try to specify Report=\abcd.xlsx on the .ini conf file, it still exports the report as abcd.xlxs.htm....
I was wondering if anyone could give me some insight in why my signal is not shown in the showcase. I do have a 48% draw down :/ [signal link was deleted by moderator] Is there anything I can I can do to improve my chances? "Your signal has low rating and is not publicly available"   -  Anyone know...
Dear Friends, Kindly guide me How to work after subscribing a signal , I have Subscribe Signal and I noted that he opens approximately 16 Trade at the same time. NO SL or TP is placed by him, Trades are open since last Friday, Today is 3rd day , He is not closing trade , I want to ask , He will...
737ngx
Hello, I have followed step by step a video on how to create an Moving Average crossover EA, in the video I followed I see that the writer is able to run the back test, when I compile mine I get no errors but when I run it there are no trades being entered. Could someone take a look at it and let me...
Hi, I am looking for an EA that will automatically close trades on margin calls, i would like the EA to select a trade with the most profit or minimal loss to close first. Regards David
i need an app and a website built for me. Please any web developer here?
https://www.mql5.com/en/docs/constants/environment_state/mql5_programm_info MQL5_PROGRAM_PATH should be MQL_PROGRAM_PATH
Hi, I want to calculate a vector who represent the profitability to buy now a forex cross (like EURUSD) and sell it in a futur period of time pre-defined. To calculate this, I made a for loop who calculate the difference between the close price now and the close price in 20minutes(for exemple). This...
Afternoon, I just created an order for an EA in the Freelance section. It shows that 4 Developers responded, but there appears to be no way to check-out the developers. The last time I used this, you could obtain information about the developer, some of the projects that they successfully completed,...
Hello does anyone know of a application or tester that can test binary EA ? Or any brokers that allow EA binary ?
  Scalping (60   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Scalping EA from russian forum finlist for usdchf, M1 with the settings attached. It is very interesting but they understand the scalping as a trading on m1 timeframe only. This EA is trading no more than one trades per day. It is backtested very good on m1, m5 and m15 timeframe for usdchf, every...
Hello guys... I'm a newbie on this, so I guess my error could be fairly simple: I want to put a pending order at a certain distance from a point I will call "Anchor". So: extern double Anchor = 1.0;     // Initial point  where I will manually enter a price like: 1.17293extern double Distance = 5;...
if(NormalizeDouble(price_140-Move_step*pm*Point,Digits)>NewPrice          && NewPrice<=NormalizeDouble(price_116-Distance_between_orders*pm*Point,Digits)          || price_116==0.0          || Open_order_on_trend && CountBuys==0           ||...
Hello I am trying to collect the OHLC values of EUR USD, in realtime. But I see some values are missing as there was a bit of processing what I tried and then again started to collect. See the values:   2018-07-26 11:06:00     1.17268 1.17273 1.17261 1.172642018-07-26 11:10:00     1.17258 1.1726  1...
MQL5 has change the display of signal, how do you find the new look? I noticed that now signal subscribers don't have an option to see when last a trade was open, what is the average time a trade has been hold on. I just think its vital for people to know how long a signal provider hold onto open...
Hi everyone, Am new to the metatrader platform and community and need more clarification on which is more reliable for me to use between Trading signals and EA.  Pls someone share useful details or opinons Thanks
I am trying to read the last line time value from a csv file. Check the following: 2018-07-26 11:04:00 1.17272 1.17275 1.17267 1.172722018-07-26 11:05:00 1.17272 1.17273 1.17265 1.172682018-07-26 11:06:00 1.17268 1.17273 1.17261 1.17264 The above is sample data. I have tried the following code and...
See the following code I tried:   string currenttime=IntegerToString(time.year)+"-0"+                      IntegerToString(time.mon)+"-"+                      IntegerToString(time.day)+ " "+                      IntegerToString(time.hour)+ ":"+                      IntegerToString(time.min)+ ":00";...
Hi, anyone has done, or know how to insert other EMA on the ROC indicator. Specifically 17, 34, 72, 144, 305 and 610 EMA.
It's really annoying subtracting in my head every time I look at a chart.  Is there a specific reason that you can't change the time zone?  Every other charting software allows this manually or automatically, why now Metatrader 5?
MathMod The function returns the real remainder of division of two numbers. double  MathMod(    double  value,      // dividend value    double  value2      // divisor value    ); Parameters value [in]  Dividend value. value2 [in]  Divisor value. Return Value The MathMod function calculates the...
Hi,           I know this question has been asked lots of times but I cannot find the answer. How do I increase the lot size on signals trading. My trades currently come up at 0.01, I wish to increase this to 0.02 or more, how do I do this or is there another method of achieving the same result....
Hello Community, I'm curious if alot of traders are using only mathematic on their trades or using them to auxiliate on their trading setup because my setup is based on 60% of mathematic and it is going really well. So if you using it or like it, tell me in the comments below.
hi is it possible to show all chart tabs on MT4? i have about 30 over charts opened and instead of scrolling left and right is there a way to show all tabs, aka two layers of tabs etc? thank you
  USDCHF (134   1 2 3 4 5 ... 13 14)
The pair made a substantial rally going from close to 1.0400 to below parity in just a few days. Let's see how the Trump Presidency rolls out and if the pair would continue trading to the downside.
Not sure if anyone has this same problem. I have a demo account with AUD 10,000 as the Account Currency. When I run the Strategy Tester, the Account Currency is read as USD - with the same dollar amount(i.e USD 10,000). Any ideas?
Hi, I strongly believe that's not possible, but let me ask it anyway: There's any way to make an asynchronous WebRequest with no DLLs use at all? I need to grab some large data from a website but can't afford losing ticks in the meanwhile. Thanks!