Why TP not working on sell limit order?

Good day. I placed a sell limit order, the ask price reached it, but it didn't close?
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
Documentation on MQL5: Constants, Enumerations and Structures / Trade Constants / Order Properties
  • www.mql5.com
Order Properties - Trade Constants - Constants, Enumerations and Structures - MQL5 Reference - Reference on algorithmic/automated trading language for MetaTrader 5
Files:
tp.png  138 kb

Kistjan Tampere:
Good day. I placed a sell limit order, the ask price reached it, but it didn't close?
P.S i've tried the same with market execution order, The TP didn't work. do they work at all or are they there just for beauty?

Kistjan Tampere #:
P.S i've tried the same with market execution order, The TP didn't work. do they work at all or are they there just for beauty?

I would just you to not be ironic when you don't know what you are talking about.

The TP can only trigger once your order is on the market.

Your SELL LIMIT is not triggered, the market price has to reach 2038. Then your limit order will be executed (become a SELL), and only after that, once the price will reach your TP at 2035.5 it will trigger and close your position.

Your image shows a sell limit at 2038 and the ask at 2035. The order hasn't even opened yet.
Reason: