General - page 128

hi I need a gradient background for my chart in Meta trader 5. It seems that it is not possible from chart settings. can anybody help me please
I am having a hard time understanding the difference between Absolute drawdown, Maximal drawdown, Relative drawdown, and Profit factor. Help simplify it and which matters the most
Is it possible to call an indicator from another indicator so that the graphic objects (rectangles and lines) of this indicator are drawn. It would be best if this could be done with a call. So not just the pure query of a buffer value
Dear MetaQuotes, you really put much effort into your MetaTrader 5 and MetaEditor 5 apps and provide frequent updates, which is of course much appreciated. You've even implemented relatively exotic and complex things like Python integration which — despite all the effort — probably relatively few
What would be an achievable monthly return in % for you personally, using proper risk management, and not using any EAs? Of course I understand it’s a marathon and every month’s different but what in average? Just curious
All MarketWatch symbols Optimization does not finish, as on the image you can see all cores tasks are finished. It took 7 hours from task 1 to 157 and at 157 it stopped for more than 13 hours and most of the time it does that
  No Connection  (1)
My mt4 just became inactive out of the blue. it says no connection and all my mt4 accounts are removed. I tried restarting, rescanning, reinstalling and re logging in.... nothing works please help
What am I doing wrong? The VWAP deviates from price when volume is low and comes closer when volume is high. Please help. I've sat with this for 15 hours straight now and I'm losing my mind. Thanks
Hello, it occurred to me that it would be a very good idea to be able to run an expert advisor from your mobile and save yourself from the vpn issue, you could also switch between one or the other without having to be in front of your PC. Does anyone know if there is a way to do it
Hello. I would like to draw a trend line in the strategy tester and obtain its value. I'm going to do something like this: Stop the strategy tester. Draw a trend line. Let the EA search for that trendline. Get the value of the trendline. Enter when the rate hits the trend line. that's all I think
Hi When on the subscription page for a signal I get the following error: "The volume of copied trade operations may not coincide with the initial volume of trade operations at Provider side. Volume settings of the following symbols are different: EURUSD, GBPUSD" I ensured my Leverage matches the...
Hi, im trying to optimize some EA, and i want to use the output of one EA as the input of the second. For example, think in EMA, in first optimizer I use 5 to 20, 1 by 1, and got 6 8 15 and 17 How can i use that info as input for another EA (instead of trying again from 5 to 20)? Obviously, there
Code to reproduce: #property strict class CParrent { public : virtual bool method() = 0 ; }; class CChild : public CParrent { public : bool method() override ; }; bool CChild::method( void ) { return ( false ); } void OnStart () { }
  News URL  (20   1 2)
Hello, Is something wrong with investing.com? I had their News URL here which was working fine before but stopped few ago. What could b wrong
Good Day everyone, i have been not been long on this forum but ever since joining and ive been reading some amazing content ya'll is posting. however i yet to find a topic on how to covert a .ex file to a .mq5 file. there is a indicator that i got but its only a .ex file and when i open my
I have a bunch of standard MT5 indicators loaded and handled in my EA. EMAs on 2 different timeframes and multiple symbols, ATR, ADX and most importantly, the Force Index. I have some error handling in my EA and it appears that everything is working (as it should and does in my other EAs with the
  financial restrictions  (12   1 2)
How do I fix this problem
  Arrow indicator  (7)
Hi I want to create indicator where when I open position manual or by any expert will show me arrow up or down on chart. Its should be simple but cannot find any working ideas
Hello! I have this weird problem and I can not start the vps now , I tried starting the vps from hosting section in my profile , I also tried starting the vps inside metatrader 4 but nothing happens , when I click on the start button it takes forever and nothing happens and the vps does not start
  How to edit EA  (1)
Hi everyone please I have an EA for SL TP, and I want to modify the SL TP to pips instead of point please I have the source code and I also want to set automatic TP to 4 pips and do away with SL please need your help
Does anyone know an EA that closes all open and pending orders and also the chart when another EA reaches a certain profit on the day either with one or several trades
Hi guys My question is which return code are expected after executing ResultRetcode() method When the PositionClosePartial(...) method had been run before that . as mentioned in the MQL5 document successful completion of the PositionClosePartial(...) method does not always mean a successful
Good morning, I use a simple code to trade before 8 AM or after 18:00 PM. What I would like to do is to avoid trading during the swap time. I mean not to trade after 23:30 PM and not before 1:30 AM. I guess for you it is a simple code but I really need to be sure of it. Could you please help? thanks
How to install new indicators for MT5 on android if the phone/pad is rooted?
Hello Traders, I decided to start this tread for all lovers of PIVOT TRADING . Please lets share ideas on this historic trading method
Good day Can anyone please tell me how I can add protection to an expert. I want my expert advisor to be able to only work on one specific broker account number so that my expert cant be coppied to a different pc and used. I am using MT5 please thus it needs to be on MQL5. How would I code my expert
I cannot find the become a freelance button on the freelance page, am i going about it wrong? someone tell me how to register as a freelance on the website
I am looking for the source code of an expert who will automatically trade on the signals of one indicator. For example, the indicator shows when to buy or sell, I want the expert to take the signals of this indicator and sell or buy. Perhaps someone has this source code, I will be grateful if you
Good day Could Someone please assist with the following. I would like my EA to open a new trade every 500 points(can be adjusted by user). I have a maximum of 10 trades that can be opened but the problem is that when it should open the second trade at open all the trades at the same time. Thus the