Installation is failed - page 2

Just to report I am having the very same issue with this VPS. I have also reached out to the helpline of both MQL and FOrexVPS. Also tried the tips provided in post 4. did not work for me... keep you posted

dmorin #:
Just to report I am having the very same issue with this VPS. I have also reached out to the helpline of both MQL and FOrexVPS. Also tried the tips provided in post 4. did not work for me... keep you posted

Hope they can solve it quickly. I opened a ticket with ForexVPS suppot, still waiting on a reply. 

See the reply from MQL. I have requested being confirmed that the number of activation lost due to their decision would be restored. 

dmorin #:

See the reply from MQL. I have requested being confirmed that the number of activation lost due to their decision would be restored. 

Thanks for the update, please report the answer to the activation question.

Is your VPS directly from ForexVPS or broker sponsored?

dmorin #:

ForexVPS support told me that they'd have to install a new windows template on my VPS - I backed up my set files and let them do it.

It is now back up and running on the same IP address/port and login. So I guess that it was (at least in my case), a problem with the VPS rather than being blocked. 

Sergey Golubev #:

Yes, I found several posts/threads where the users are complaining about same error 403 with this VPS provider.
For example:

..and there are the users from Russian forum (with same issue with them).

.. "so seems, this ForexVPS is on subnet of Zomro, or ForexVPS provider installed some firewall or antivirus or any on their servers (the servers where those VPS instances are located)."

Sergey,

I did a lot of searching through the forum for answers to this problem and 403 seems the most significant issue. There are a lot of possible causes for 403 including VPS IP address blocked from marketplace.

In most cases the cause of the error can't be known by MT5, so reporting the 403 error is appropriate. However, in the case of VPS IP being blocked, MT5 could report - "403: VPS IP blocked from Marketplace", or something similar. That would be more user friendly and easier for you guys to troubleshoot.

ceejay1962 #:

ForexVPS support told me that they'd have to install a new windows template on my VPS - I backed up my set files and let them do it.

It is now back up and running on the same IP address/port and login. So I guess that it was (at least in my case), a problem with the VPS rather than being blocked. 

Same issue, same Fix ! My VPS is being reinstalled by the provider. Hope it will run again for monday ! Thanks to the community for its guidance. Cheers, D.

dmorin #:

Same issue, same Fix ! My VPS is being reinstalled by the provider. Hope it will run again for monday ! Thanks to the community for its guidance. Cheers, D.

Hope your system is up and running for Monday! I'm wondering if this was an issue with Windows uipdates (Windows Server 2012R2). ForexVPS support didn't ask me any questions, just said that I'd need a new image installed. Maybe a known issue.

Can someone recommend a VPS not blocked by MQL that is as cheap as Zomro is?

Ricardo Dacosta #:
Can someone recommend a VPS not blocked by MQL that is as cheap as Zomro is?

The public discussion (especially the recommendations) of/about external VPS is prohibited on the forum.
The users can send some proposal about this VPS by PM to you (by private messages) in case you have some friends and so on.
------------------

But please make the attention to the following (when you will select external VPS):

• free period (many VPS services are providing the free/testing time so you can test Metatrader/products/etc with their VPS); 
  • price ... it may be more expensive in case they are "re-sellers" for example;
  • how to pay - I am recommending to pay monthly (every month; not paying for whole the year).

My experience -
I am using external VPS from Germany, but they have affiliate in my country so I am paying by my local currency, and I am doing it every month (in advanced).
And if "something happened" so I will lose just one month payment only.

Reason: