MetaTrader 5 Version: 5.00 build 4153 - Running slow and lagging - Application open as wine64 instead of Metatrader 5 (Mac)

Hi, I just installed the updated MT5 on my Mac M1 Pro, and it seems not right. The app is running slow, lagging, and opening as wine64 instead of Metatrader 5. I have my friend with same device and it is working fine, also running as Metatrader 5. Is there any solution for this?

devvv devvv:
Hi, I just installed the updated MT5 on my Mac M1 Pro, and it seems not right. The app is running slow, lagging, and opening as wine64 instead of Metatrader 5. I have my friend with same device and it is working fine, also running as Metatrader 5. Is there any solution for this?
Yeah I have same issue but I couldn’t find a solution. I hope someone helps

And also I have Sonoma version and it’s crashing every say and restarting computer, idk why 

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

Errors, bugs, questions

Sergey T , 2023.11.03 11:49

Tested on Mac Air 2020 on Sonoma 14.0. I connected to a couple of brokers and Metaquotes-Demo. The market is working.

Did you accept the Gecko and Mono request during installation?

Did you install it by cleaning old terminals and their prefixes?

Can you attach the terminal's start banner?
K 0 12:42:08.748 Terminal MetaTrader 5 x64 build 4055 started for MetaQuotes Software Corp.
FP 0 12:42:08.749 Terminal Windows 10 build 18362 on Wine 8.0.1 Darwin 22.6.0, 8 x VirtualApple @ 2.50GHz, 1 / 15 Gb memory, 289 / 460 Gb disk, bnfdknkn, GMT+2

MT5 crashes while launching.

Mansour Alnassre, 2023.07.03 16:15

Problem solved

The issue were that MacOS 13.3+ will broke any app that uses wine preloader.

I found this video that solve the same issue for other wine preloader app called cross-over

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=DaO7flq-YlE

The solution step by step on the video. 

to make it simple for you, you will replace a file called wine64_preloader inside Metatrader5 with the one you download from this patch 

https://github.com/Gcenx/CrossOver-fixes

follow the steps on the video, the deffrate that the solution is for other app called cross, you will do it for Metatrader5

the latest patch only contain one file, the video will shows 3. no problem, you need only the wine64-preloader

You are welcome ;)

and this thread https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/456206 with some decision.
MT5 Causing Crash on MacOS Sonoma 14.0 - This is why you’re trying to solve a problem with my MacOS application; ‘The kernel panic occurred while using MT
MT5 Causing Crash on MacOS Sonoma 14.0 - This is why you’re trying to solve a problem with my MacOS application; ‘The kernel panic occurred while using MT
  • www.mql5.com
The crashes only happen when i am using mt5 and i have no other applications open besides safari and no other third party software or application running in the background. This time there was a cpu 4 issue

doctorwho1111 #:
Yeah I have same issue but I couldn’t find a solution. I hope someone helps

And also I have Sonoma version and it’s crashing every say and restarting computer, idk why 
Hi,Have you solved the issue? I'm having the same problem

Beta version of the MetaTrader 5 platform build 4210: more built-in applications and expanded support for ONNX

MetaQuotes , 2024.02.28 16:21

Beta 4205 available:

• Terminal start has been accelerated
  • Removed brakes in ioport on a small number of cores
  • Fixed crash under Mac in previous betas

Reason: