Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 279

Hi everyone, I'm new to this, so here is my question. If you buy a expert advisor only comes with the ex4 or it also comes with the scrips, so that you can change or add more code?
Hello, Testing MQL5 VPS. Is it possible to access via Microsoft remote desktop? I primarily use a Mac, and I access my other VPS VIA Remote Desktop. 
Hi there, I understand that things work a little different in MT5... Here is my understanding: An order results in a deal. A deal effects the net position. StopLoss (SL) and TakeProfit (TP) are on position level. What I need is that, as in MT4, I can set SL and TP based on deal level. Having an open...
I have attach my EA to 5 charts, all different currencies. My question is how to make an EA to check EA on all other charts if have already open an order, before opening a new order? This is to ensure that I'll not blow my account by opening too many orders. FYI, my lotsize will depends on the risk
hello everyone! & How to code a label object to stay on top of another label objects as will? Please Im new to mql4. Recently, I read alot of object properties in mql articles & searched for solutions on google. unfortunately, I cant find out how to code a label object to stay on top of another...
Hi, I try to create an EA with mql4. I need create a table and then I can update it from time to time. But I don't know how I can create a table and array.  My table is 22x7 matrix. table[state,action] = np.zeros((22,7))   // 22*7 matrix including all elements as zero. And, How can I update this...
In MQL4, I can write: void StringFunc(string &ArrayRes[][]) and it's no compile error, but in MQL5, StringFunc(string &ArrayRes[][]) has this compile error: '[' - invalid index value. How to write multi-dimention array as a function parameter in MQL5? Is there anything changed?
  orders not executed in real  (15   1 2)
Hi, given that I am using a broker where the ability to place orders via an EA is enabled. I use the ordersend function followed by ordermodify, which handles errors inside the EA and there are no errors in the diary. If I run the EA in test opens positions, while in real no. Example: On the day you...
Hi people! I am still a newbie (35 days) of MQL5, so please be patient. I assembled a simple EA with the Wizard -> Expert Advisor (generate), using intraday time filter (ITF), trailing and fixed trailing volume. However, I want all trades be closed as 16:00, and decided to change the code: void...
How to model slippage with tick data(time, bid, ask)? Is any method to estimate slippage as function of position size , ...? 
  CCI Calculation  (1)
Hello, for an expert i try to calculate the CCI by myself. What i wonder, i never get the value from the CCI indicator. Is the iCCI(..) function somethins special to the original calculation of CCI? input int CCI_Periode=8;input int MN=123;input string Text="Trailing";double CCI1[];int...
I purchased an EA but it does not work as shown in the figure. Thank you.
I created a simple EA base on RSI and CCi! Besides, this EA will open order at bar's open price and close order at close price of the same bar or open price of next bar!  However, when i backtest it only work with sell order! Buy order didn't work Pls help me...
Hello. I have been trying multiple ways to do this and read a lot of topics but still cannot get it working.  So I have been trying to make EA that checks for 3 different signals and opens an order once all 3 of them are the same. I run into a problem with the last signal, which is supposed to check...
Hi everyone, I have an EA that I have written that works perfectly 99% of the time. Occasionally though, it will just not process a block of code. When this happens, it almost always follows a change in indicator, the most recent example is a flip in the PSAR value. I know that it is not executing...
Hi Guys, Method Refresh() is called in CIndicators::Refresh(). but the method Refresh() in file Series.mqh is empty, why? please advise. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Indicators.mqh | //|...
Please kindly suggest a filter i can use to stop my moving average crossover EA from trading in Consolidation, I've tried adding more moving averages and slope calculation as a filter, but its still not enough. During the crossover, the crossovers happen many times back and forth before price starts
hello dear programmers does anyone know how much a mt4 EA can be fast at its maximum execution or cancellation speed? on the other hand can an EA on mt4 execute an order,placing an order,  close or cancel an order in 1 millisecond? 1 millisecond = 1/1000 second or even 1 micro second = 1/1000000...
So I did some research and found this video on youtube- https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=o4jVeJdYTkM And that got me thinking, what if I could combine all the indicators I use for manual trading into one program. I know python and how it works, but I don't know c so I'm having some trouble...
Hi, this piece of code , always leads to the same error. the ModifyReq is filled just as Trade.mqh is filling it before sending a modification order. // getting position data here.... symbol, TP, ticket...// and all values are checked.// pos_symbol != ""// long pos_ticket = PositionGetInteger...//...
Hello, I have this code for the Trailing Stop of my EA, and it is generating the "OrderModify error 1", can you help me to know what I am doing wrong please? int nbuy()  {   int b0=0;   for(int i=0;i<OrdersTotal();i++)     {      int a1=OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS...
  Limit volume  (13   1 2)
Hello everyone I am having problems with limiting the volume of lots, I would like to know if you can help me please, this is the code to obtain the lot to invest: double GetLots ()   {    double lots = 0;    if (MM)      {       lots = NormalizeDouble (AccountFreeMargin () * Risk / 100 / 1000.0...
I have this code. I want TP to print either 500  or 1000 depending on  the random numbers generated, the problem is only  TP 1000 seems to be printed, I'm sure there is an easy way around this but cant figure it out. Please helint BAH= rand()%5+1; int TakeProfit2=0;  bool BAH2 = (1||2||3);  bool...
Hi all I'm having problem with iBANS indicator buffer. When I run my function it will run until my RAM memory reaches max and then it will return only 0.0 values from IBANDS indicator. Ones I stop function RAM is freed and and then when I start function again it will return normal values until RAM...
Hey guys I really need some help here to not go crazy. I got a MAcross files and a ADX file online and wanted to combine them. Opened a new file and basically copy past different bits and it didnt run. I edited the downloaded MAcross file with the same exact changes I added to my new file, and then...
Good Day guys I think this topic is one that more users can relate to. Let's say you download an EA but the developer didn't include a parameter to adjust SL or TP for example. So you wonder how profitable the EA would be with another SL or TP value… Where do you start? Go through the chart and...
  TBE EA  (2)
Hello together, can someone help me with this EA? the problem is the the EA opening wrong position, because the real support or resistance disappear after the Price hit this... Can someone program thas the Price have to test this support or ressisten first and after this, if it nor disapper, opened...
i need help on my ea. it does not enter orders on another chart if there is any open order on mt4. e.g if there is order on eurusd, then ea will not open order on another chart like gbpusd or usdcad or anyother. i tried changing the magicnumber but it does not work. please any help will do
i'd like to have a will_spread  indicator running in an expert the willspread indicator has the sequent settings for SetIndexBuffer: IndicatorBuffers(4);    SetIndexBuffer(0, WillSpread);    SetIndexBuffer(1, Spread);    SetIndexBuffer(2, FastEMA);    SetIndexBuffer(3, SlowEMA); In my expert I use...
<Deleted> Does anyone have the  َArc.mq5 indicator?