Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 281

Hi everyone, I'm new to EA building and am coding some basic strategies to backtest. I'm trying to backtest a few years, on multiple timeframes. When I set the timeframe on Daily and try to backtest to Jan. 01, 2015, the code works perfectly. Then, when I set it to do the same on an hourly chart, it...
Hi everybodyI am trying to find one or more positions  among other positions by their comment or comments  assigned to them before, and close them if they are in certain amount of profit. I know relying on comment is not a safe way but I really need it for backtesting purposes not trading real money...
I tried to compile following code from: https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/260 There is a zip at bottom of the page. But I got compile error: 'NodeInfo' - conversion is not accessible because of inheritance access Elliott_wave_en.mq5 But If i change .Add(NodeInfo) to something like .Add(NodeInfo.Node)...
I'm pretty new to this and I keep getting these error messages.  Can someone tell me why and how i fix them?  I would appreciate any help. 2018.09.20 10:25:38.411 '20958125': Signal - subscription disabled 2018.09.20 10:25:38.360 '20958125': Signal - account complies with NFA FIFO regulations
Hi, I would like to test an EA with 99% history quality on MT5. I am using the server MetaQuotes-Demo and I can not reach 99% quality but 97%. As you can see on the screenshot some historical data have a low quality between 2017-11 and 2017-12 How can I fix that in order to get 99% quality ? Thanks...
If I use the same EA on 2 different accounts...Same settings, same pair, lot size etc. One account margin 1:250 One account margin 1:500 Will there be different profit/loss on these 2 accounts?
Hi there, i was running experts on my demo account and also want to use some on my real account. But when i change something in demo it also changes in real and vicevera. same with closing windows it does it in both accounts. is this normal? Anyway to work around this? else the demo account is kind...
I correctly set up all properties for auto trading in MT4, so in demo account my EA normally is running, but in real account it is exceptional. if output ret = OrderSend(...) , ret>0, that is, but it seem "order success", there is no made conclusion of order. result value of error analysis is code...
again, I have an indicator to draw trend line(objectCreate) depend on the high and low points, then the Robot read the line on the chart; I save the template with this indicator, while testing, no trend line appear, but it is normal in live trade. who can help me ?
Hi, I use some MT4 experts from mql5 'expert' site (some free, some payed).  Now i wonder: what if the maker of that expert decide to remove the expert from mql5 site? Can't i use the expert than not more in my MT4? Is there some 'permanent' connection necessary between the expert and mql5 website,...
Hi. I am spending days and days trying to find a solution for my problem but believe me I can't find any. The point is that the EURUSD automatic validation for the EA I'm trying to publish works fine, but not for the NZDUSD: I've reading thousands of articles, but I still do not have the solution...
  Arbitrage  (6)
  Does it exists any function to get quote prices from another  broker server  ( for arbitrage ) ?
[Deleted]
int archivo; string csvclosehigh;   //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Script program start function                                    | //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ void OnStart()  {...
Cliff notes: TLDR, how do you automatically switch off a griding EA stopping it from even starting a grid when the account is being smashed for margin by another EA, one MT4 terminal on one account.    Hello, Would  any appreciate any help, or any inputs. Pretty standard Forex situation.  You have...
Hello, sorry to keep bugging you but my issue is still not resolved. I still have the product but it is for MT5. I didn’t even realize I was in the MT5 section because as soon as I found out it was on sale I quickly got on to purchase it. However, my broker uses ONLY MT4. So, I will not be able to...
I am new to expert advisor programming and I am trying to get my strategy to work properly, but yesterday I had a very strange issue while I was testing my trading robot. I had an order placed at price that wasn't even reached, see screenshots below:  This happened right before the market session...
Hello everyone. I have coded quite a lot of things in mql4 and I am struggling to grasp simple concepts in mql5. I am looking for a script that will simply move or create all stop losses @ user's input choice. For instance I have 5 open trades that are all 10 pips in profit. I then use the script to...
Hey guys this is what I am trying to achieve- I want an indicator/EA/script that will give me the total lot size of each type of order at a given price point. For example if I type in price 1.3425 it should give me 4 results- 1.total lot size for pending buy orders, 2.total lot size for pending...
Hi folks! I realized there are missing two lines at SignalITF.mqh: //| Parameter=GoodMinuteOfHour,int,-1,Good minute |//| Parameter=BadMinutesOfHour,int,0,Bad minute (bit-map) | It is useful while trading stocks.
could anyone please explain or guide me as to how I can code an expression consisting of array elements? initialize this expression, (where to place OnStart(), OnInit(), OnTick(), etc) , define this expression , store & access the expression's output here is the expression I am looking for......
CAN ANYONE HELP ME WITH THE CODE TO CANCEL PENDING ORDERS ONCE THERE ARE NO TRADES IN THE OPPOSITE DIRECTION OPEN?
  need ea  (4)
need ea on mas
Dear all, I would like to store object instances into a CList object but I'm always getting an error telling me "parameter conversion not allowed"... What I would like to do is to create a list called "virtualPositions". And into this list I want to store object instances of type "CVirtualPosition"
  Drawdown Alert  (2)
Is there Anya free EA's out there that sends an alert when the drawdown is below XX? A friend of mine is looking for this and I thought I should write here and see if anyone have an idea. I guess there are free EA's doing this, but haven't found any yet.
Hi,  If I have two EA's, one of the EA@s fails in a period which stops me from collecting a back test report, I want to load and run both EA's as if they were live on an account, how can i do this?  The only way i can think to do this is to input the trade characteristics of both EA into 3rd EA,...
Would anyone know if the value presented in the "Gross Loss" (as attached image) is some platform bug? The executed test shows only one trand (gain) and the value indicated in the "Gross Loss" is distorting the value of other indicators ("Expected Payoff", "Profit Factor", etc.).
Hi folks! While looking at my Strategy Tester, I realized it closed deals in strategy tester with bid/ask but no last ticks in between (so, no real closed deals). I carefully read backward and forward deals to detect this huge mistake while using every tick based on ticks. So, when dealing with...
why the closeall.script only close one order???  Hello,why the script cant close all orders once, it only close one order once in Real account. But,i test it in Demo account, it can work well. Thanks....
Anyone have breakout EA like this? maybe want to share it? or maybe outhere has, and someone maybe want to direct me to the link? im looking for EA that work like this: 1. Trade breakout High/Low of today 2. Entry at 50% retracement of candle that breakout High/Low of today The rules simple as that 
I'm looking to add a graphical user interface to an expert advisor (think: a panel with buttons). As I'm not experienced with that in the MQL4 language I'd like to check out an existing expert advisor / indicator that is coded in a proper way to learn how to do that the MQL4 way. In that regard, can