Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 395

I've been learning mql5 & OpenCL for some time. And I met a problem with OpenCL devices in the strategy tester. When I start MetaTrader5 on my PC. I can see the following log message in the "Journal" toolbox: 08:22:15.089    OpenCL    Device #0: CPU Intel(R)...
  Strategy Tester  (3)
Option to show average holding time for trades...where can I find that? regards
//+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| ExpertMAPSARSizeOptimized.mq5 | //| Copyright 2010, MetaQuotes Software Corp. | //| http://www.mql5.com...
Script has developed some trades together several pairs, each pair a different magic number ?
I'm working on an EA, and I want to compare the current market price to the price from 30 or 90 seconds ago.  Is there a way to get this info from MarketInfo? Or does my EA need to record prices and timestamp them?
Hello. I am just wondering if expert advisors purchased on the marketplace can be transferred between different accounts/brokers on MT4? Thankyou!
[Deleted]
  EA NEEDED  (1)
Hello, I need the following: Open an order at 23:00 end MT4 time depending on that candle whether its bearish or bullish that is if its bearish open a buy order and if its bullish open a sell order. Inputs: Lots, Tp and SL which are presets when the order is activated. 23:00 end means 23:58. I...
  News Trading EA  (11   1 2)
Hi everyone , i'm interested in a news trading EA that has pending order strategies and specified trading period in date ,hours and minutes . I found the one attached below , but it contains many errors and warnings . Any help will be appreciated .
i dont know how to install ea and buy from whom and how it work please explain it
I am looking for a way to get events from other charts during back testing and forward testing. Anyone have any ideas or run into this problem?
Hey there! I just installed the Metatrader4 Build 765 on Windows 7 SP1 64bit system but my EA doesn´t work. I don´t get any kind of alarm from the event manager or anything, it just doesn send the signals. I already added the MT4 to the trust list from my firewall, but it didn´t helped. Is there...
I look for a Expert Advisor for MT4 of an order automatically to the given price opens and closes. (OrderLots, Order Open Price, Order Close) Which EA the can ? Thanks
  Hedging EA  (2)
Hello! So i was sniffing into the freelace for some new trading technuques and i found this one https://www.mql5.com/en/job/21596 anyway I've done it but the problem is that i still have problem with the lotsizes mine goes like 0.05, 0.10, 0.20, 0.40, 0.80, and whenever it hit the 80 thats the...
  Build 1085 error  (1)
Cannot load indicator " Moving average " [4002] This occurs on a newly installed MT5 Build 1085 Reading the text associated with 4002 do not help, talks about some internal error. Have no problem running on another instance of MT5 on Build 1060 All source for expert, includes and libraries are
  Backtesting  (1)
I am trying to do a backtest in an EA, that i just had developed here, but i am not getting any results at all. All the other EA's that i have tried either the ones that come after the installation  of MT4 or downloaded ones work just fine and i am getting results, reports etc. Anyone knows what...
I was trying to download the Roman5 Randomize EA to see the code; however, I don't see any link or such to download.  Am I missing something?
When I compile an EA that I try to develop I got this warning: return value of 'OrderDelete' should be checked  this Error message came from this function: int DeletePendingOrders(int Magic){int total  = OrdersTotal(); for (int cnt = total - 1; cnt >= 0; cnt--){ if(OrderSelect(cnt,SELECT_BY_POS...
Hello. I was surprise to see how "Comment" was written to my question yesterday about YTD% & Points changed . May I ask if (1) "Comment" line would replace my "DrawLabels" or "DrawInfos" at the right side of my chart which consists 30 lines (2) how can I make it to more than one line - horizontally
Hi. May I ask if there's anyone who knows how to write the YTD % changed - or in points of any particular symbol ? Example: EURUSD YTD% changed = Current Price - December 31,2014 Thanks.
Hi, i'm newbie here, i have developed simple EA wchich place pending orders at specific time. the broker dont allow to have expiration time less than 1 hour so i want EA to delete these orders 5 min after placing. Here's the code, can u help me? where am i wrong...
Some parts of my EA require validation of a previous price level. The best way I can think of is getting the last order in history and check the stop loss but there is no option for getting the stop loss of the last order in history.
Hello everybody, I am looking for a solution of my problem. I am trying to write a file in MQL4. There is no problem, but the problem appears when I try to force to do it constantly. I mean, with an expert advisor I am writing the file with the follow code:...
I have a Fibostop EA which code by someone else, but it does not work probably. it keep saying "return value of 'OrderModify' should be checked". Can anyone please take a look for me to fix it? Many Thanks! //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //|...
Hi all,  I have just started approaching this language but I know other scripting languages. As usual, you start from the simple things and there is something that is half-a-way working, and this confuses me; the articles on the net and the posts on the forum I came across do not seem to provide an...
ret = CopyBuffer (Handle_Long, 0 , 0 , 5 ,EMA200); if (ret <= 0 ) { err = GetLastError (); errortext = " copyBuffer MA long failed A3 ret = " + DoubleToString (ret, 0 ) + " err: " + DoubleToString (err, 0 )+ " Pair: " + Pair; Print (errortext); } Print ( " initial
When a timer expires the terminal "jumps" to "OnTimer"  If the EA is working in some function 3 levels down (calling sub functions) how is that handled? Is the code interrupted and then resumed att the correct place or has the timer to wait until the EA gets into an idle state?
Good Afternoon, We are trying to ADD a demo account as a signal but the webpage says it is being used as a signal already. How to force the disco since we are pretty sure it is not being used. Thank y very much
I have a doubt to resolve a problem, and if anyone could help me I would be very grateful. I am trying to create a fix stoploss, using the value of indicator at the bar that gives the buy signal. For example: In this case, the position will be open at the new bar open. I am trying to capture the...
Correct me if I am wrong A Broker server starts the day on Monday 00:00 hours server time. Server time will be local time where the server is located. Consequences: - All bars on time frames higher than 1 hour will look different for brokers with servers in different time zones. - if I use...
Hello friends , I need a help but could not find anywhere in the net.  MT4 - I open a profile which has multiple windows for many pairs (names/icons arranged at the bottom in order ). Now i open the 1st chart/window e.g.EUR/USD chart . The next window is USD/JPY . AND SO ON FOR 20 MORE PAIRS , SAY...