Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 275

My opening and closing loops, despite being exact to the point never work. Please help
This EA closes all the trades when everything either reaches a set positive or negative amount. However, when no trades are open it has a problem. "Zero Dived in EA" (see attachment) then the entire EA stops. I need help in what to do to my EA to make it so when no trades are open it will continue...
Hi, I have a variable called switch_action in my OnTick function, you can see below how it is calculated. void OnTick()  {   int switch_action;   int ticket=-1;   double price;   double TradeSize;   double SL;//---//Open Buy Order, instant signal is tested first   RefreshRates();   if(Cross(0...
Hello guys, does anyone have an ea to make me open pending orders at a certain time?     For example I open a pending order buy or sell, on Monday morning at 00.01.
Hi all, I try to insert my EA called The Pearson EA into the Market. I get an error called no trding operations on automatic validation. However, the EA opens only 6 trades in a year, generally. What should I do? Best.
When stop loss is triggered, the following log is generated by MT5. 2015.04.10 16:22:14 Core 1 2015.01.19 11:35:29 stop loss triggered sell 1.00 EURUSD 1.15417 sl: 1.16217 tp: 1.15317 [#5 buy 1.00 EURUSD at 1.16217] This is exactly the info I need in EA, getting price volume, against which...
Hi  Does MT4 demo tester has a tab to view active trades similar to what mt5 has? If so, could someone show me how to open it? I cant seem to find it.. :)
Hi everybody, I need to draw a graph of specific data Which I have, instead of the chart price of a symbol. Is it possible to do it by ObjectCreate/OBJ_CHART?  remember! I am writing an expert not an indicator.  Really appreciated! 
Hi there, I would like to contract a programmer to provide me with an indicator which notifies me in case of an EMA crossover on a given currency chart. Since I have no clue about appropriate prices for such a service, including some support when applying the indicator on mt4, I would like to ask...
Hello, I am trying to test my EA in MT5 strategy tester, it works on a CFD of my broker, but when I change the symbol (to "EURUSD" for example) it returns an "unknown command 237" and no testing is done. Do you know how to troubleshoot this ? Thank you FZ
It's possible programatically foward to the next day on backtest ? I'm runing a backtest and I would like close a day when my EA identify some event.
Hello, is it possible make an EA that generate a Click on a screen coordinate as soon it see an open order ? To clarify, the working should be this : I setup click coordinates of BUY and click coordinates of SELL. The EA is working on a EURUSD chart ( for instance, can be other currencies as well ),...
  TIMER EA  (2)
Do you know if there is an EA with a sort of timer where  I can turn ON/OFF the EA on MT4 ? I mean, I have an EA working, and this EA should switch OFF/ON the EA on Time Basis, from 10:00 to 12:00 EA ON, from 12:00 to 14:00 EA OFF for instance. Thanks
I've written an EA based on an alligator strategy that uses shifted lines (8,13,21). The OrderSend function opens and closes on the 1st bar after the cross of the actual lines. Is there a way to modify this so that it orders on the bar that the shift is based on? For example, the pink box is where...
Hello, I have the project of coding in MQL5 Harry Browne's Permanent Portfolio in the form of an Expert Advisor. This will allow me to test it with ETFs. https://www.metaquotes.net/en/company/news/5123 My motivations : Backtest myself the Harry Browne Permanent Portfolio. Test the multi-product...
[Deleted]
  Kamikaze MACD EA  (2)
Hi Guys, I using a MACD EA that ships with MT4, i have backtested extensively to establish ideal parameters to use for M1/M5 charts, out of the blue instead of opening 1 or 2 trades (which it used to), it will open 70 - 80 almost instantly, i have coded a message window alert when a trade is opened,...
hello dear traders and programmers i want to make 2 EAs one of them trade on red news only  another one do not trade on red news. now i want to know can these both EAs backtestable?. or news release filter only work on live test.? thank you
Hi all, Does anyone know a workaround within MT4, that allows me to copy trades off a signal provider , where their currency symbol is different to mine? I was about to subscribe to a signal provider, when I received a warning from MT4 telling me that the currency symbols of the provider differ to
Hi all, I am trying to turn the "Shepherd Harmonic Pattern Indicator" into an EA. The developer has provided the following icustom codes, below. Can anyone point me in the right direction on where to start? Thank you double buy_signal=iCustom(NULL,0,"Market\\Shepherd_Harmonic_Patterns",0,0);...
Hello, I am trying to make a simple panel that will allow me to see the open trades taken today, but I can't seem to find code to do this. How can I determine the day a trade was opened, assuming it is still an open trade and in the terminal. I know I can use OrderOpenTime() to get the full...
How can I get real time economic date releases into my e.a .I only need to get the actual value when released for example the actual value for USD NFP.Any help with that?
as the pic, 6 trades,how to get the chart of every trade? how to see the most loss ? before using it in real trading ,how to make sure it will not go wrong in reality? thanks a lot!
how to make sure that my robot can only be used on one trading account?
Hi, My plan is join an Forex Prop Trader which use MT4, without EX support, and send order via a EA that I have on MT5. I don't know if I can use signals for that. I wish i could use another way to copy all the trades with slow delay. I have no problem requesting an job, i just need to know how it...
Hi guys I am trying to find a way to programmatically  re-initialise all of the active charts. What I tried is to write a loop that goes through all the active charts and change the TF to M1 and back to its previous TF. void InitialiseActiveCharts(){   long currChart,prevChart=ChartFirst();    int...
Hi guys, im trying to develop my EA. Im racing this problem: id set up moving everags is the same subwindow of Oscillator Stochastic , how Can i check if MA is higher then Stochastic level 90? Otherside, how can i get the value of the stochastic"'s level? Thank you in advance
test on EURUSD,H1 (netting)log files size exceeded 2095 MB, test terminated 2016.04.05 09:00:01 failed instant sell 0.01 EURUSD at 1.13854 [Invalid volume] 2016.04.05 09:00:01 failed instant buy 0.01 USDCHF at 0.95917 [Invalid volume] 2016.04.05 09:00:01 failed instant sell 0.01 EURUSD at 1...
Hello again mql5 community! Im back with another question im hoping someone has the answer for. I am trying to make a "scanForOrderModify" function that will add SL and TP when a BUYSTOP or SELLSTOP order is activated. This being my first time using pending orders instead of just market orders.......
Can we operate Terminal alerts set/get by mql4? I'm not talking abou this: https://docs.mql4.com/common/alert Talking about this which we can do on chart by right clikc on in tab "Alerts". If not, I'm sugest to do this. Need some scripts to delete all, I often have trash here or want some managment...
@MetaQuotes Software Corp. There is many cases that I want see 1.0000 or 1.0 in in IndicatorDigits and Comment but MT4/5 doing NormalizeDouble that omitting zero.