Expert Advisors and Automated Trading - page 274

Hello I'm totally newbie in coding! When I compile my EA with metaeditor i get this error: Could it depend because the Mt4 version is different now from the past when the EA was created? Can someone help me to correct this? Please? Thank so much to all the memebers!
Hello, I use MT4 and/or MT5 for trading BTCUSD. Where would I find historical data? How can I log the data I see from my broker? Thank you and sorry if it sounds strange. I am an absolute newbie here.
Hi Reading code examples in the Documentations, why there are times when this line is used for opening positions MqlTradeRequest request={0}; but other times, this line is used for closing positions MqlTradeRequest request; Is this how to initialise the struct in mql5? but why leave out the "{0}" or...
Hi there, this simple Martingail Expert here compiles fine and catches all the trades in backtesting. In Live trading though, it catches maybe about 50% of the intended trades and misses out on the other half. I traded it live on a single pair for about half a year and it maybe caught 80%. Recently...
Hi everyone! I can't figure why I have no ticks in my strategy tester For example, if my EA is: int OnInit()   {    return(INIT_SUCCEEDED);   } void OnDeinit(const int reason)   {   } void OnTick()   {   Print("HelloTick");   } And then I start the strategy tester with it (keeping all settings by...
I would like to draw a simple indicator in my EA. It could be as simple as drawing myVal:    double D2sma = iMA(NULL, 0, 10, 0, MODE_SMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);    double D1ema = iMA(NULL, 0, 20, 0, MODE_EMA, PRICE_CLOSE, 0);   double myVal = (D1ema+D2sma)/2 Is there a very simple and clear example of...
We often experience this in our EA. what causes this to happen.? any clue.? Thank you.
BrainTrading Semi-Manual EA for M30 timeframe system. Introdution. History of the development EA was created for well-known BrainTrading system for M30 timeframe. Public section about this system is here Brain Systems - Forex-TSD and there are 2 threads with indicators, explanations and the...
Need to stop this looping just want it to open 2 pending orders, one one is filled delete the other one and then not open any more until dropped on chart again. Code here. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+//|                                      Open Two Pend...
The ideia is not to enter in the range of price of the last position. For example if last position was opened in 1.15 the next should not enter from 1.20 to 1.10. I was using CPositionInfo with PositionSelect(_Symbol) then PositionPrice, but when position is closed PositionPrice returns to zero
Hello. I made an EA for MT4 where I combine indicators for multiple timeframes (for example EMA for 1W period and RSI for 1D period). These timeframes are hardcoded in my source code, so it should not affect what timeframe I choose in tester. This is partially true, because when I choose timeframes...
Here we discuss and share some martingale Mql4 code.
Hello, I have subscripted to a signals service but when the EA copies the signal in my account, it doesn't copy the same volume. For example the EA position is 0,02 but in my MT4 platform the same position is 0,01. The margin in the account is ok. Have you solution please? Thanks in advance Davide
Dear all, So i'm pretty new to MQL5 and are trying to learn the language, What i'm trying to do is that i have pending orders with SL and TP being executed OnInit() What i needed is that if the pending order were closed due to hitting SL, i want to retrieve the price of that particular order. so i...
Hello! Whenever I try to use the strategy tester, the following occurs: 2018.12.01 02:42:30.426    Tester    USDJPY: history check started 2018.12.01 02:42:30.626    Tester    USDJPY: history data begins from 1999.01.04 00:00 2018.12.01 02:42:30.627    Core 2    connecting to 127.0.0.1:3000 2018.12...
I have a need to determine type of a variable which can then be used is a switch statement, and my thoughts are to hash the "typename" string of said var. Do you know a better way? void OnStart(){   int               a; Print(type_id(a));   uint              b; Print(type_id(b));...
It's been more than a month since I've been busting my head with a small EA robot that works with 2-way crunching.  It does scalper in the HFT style. It opens quite a lot of orders and does not go through the stoploss: either take-profit  or through the indicator signal. what I want is to close all...
I have used a number of different trading platforms over the years but have not encountered any as difficult to use as mql5 is there anywhere I can find STEP BY STEP INSTRUCTIONS FOR USING THE PLATFORM? some of us may find videos in which in which rapidly spoken english and even more rapid
Hi guys, I have been trying to success in this bussines for many years and I still cant do it. I am now feeling down and losing hope...but before I quit and asume I wasted so many years of my live I wonder if any of you want to mentor/guide me thanks you very much, wish you all the best A.G.
I set up the program, and I have 12 testers. I was at 0.04, then the next day, went DOWN to 0.02. I need help understanding this, and what else I can do to increase traffic
[Deleted]
Hi,i'm trying to discover out why OnTimer is called once. in my Init Method i have : EventSetTimer(10);OnTimer(); Inside the method OnTimer,i'm printing a number. But this number is printed once  and the OnTimer is not called anymore. Do you have any suggestions ? edit : the method OnTick is called...
Can anyone recommend an EA Robot which trades very frequently at low risk..  I have a few running at the moment but trading is infrequent. Presumably settings can be changed to achieve more frequent trading but is there anything out there which is set up to trade very frequently by default..
  recommend EA  (1)
Hey guys i´m new in this field. Which EA can you recommend?
Hi, I'm actually looking for an expert advisor that could permit me to place limit orders with TP and SL (to hide it from Broker) , free or paying ; With the maximum of feature by the way;  Please link me page of the market if you have one. MT4 EXPERT ADVISOR PLEASE. EDIT WITH POSSIBILITY TO ADD AN...
Recently, I have been testing my new strategy on forex market and I figured, that it would be much more efficient with some automation. As I'm completely inexperienced if it comes to MQL programming, I just wanted to ask you, as an experts, if it's possible to create such EA (I trade on MT5):  The...
Hi guys, why I have different size between MT4 master (sender) and MT4 receiver when I copy signal?  Below the MT4 Master to send the signal Here the MT4 Receiver signal How you can see there are difference in Size position. Why? Below the setup signal Thanks so much,
Hi moderators... I try to signup a signal https://www.mql5.com/en/signals/new?mt=4&l=1400037984&b=ICMarkets-Live14&t=0 and subscribing return a error "s pecified account already being used as a signal " I checked my account and it's all right, I'm not providing any sign, so I should be able to sign
Hello, I'm trying to write a very simple rule into my EA where when Supertrend Indicator turns bearish on H1 Timeframe it closes the opened buy order and when it turns bullish on H1 Timeframe it closes the opened sell order, but for some (probably obvious reasons for you coders) it doesn't work. So...
hello, I'm trying to write an expert that buys at lower band of the Bollinger bands and sell at upper bands and this is my code \ Ask<=(iBands(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,0,20,2,0,MODE_LOWER,1) Bid>=iBands(Symbol(),PERIOD_CURRENT,0,20,2,0,MODE_UPPER,1) but the EA only opens sell positions and not any...
I would like to understand a bit more on how the "every tick" backtesting model work. Pls correct my understanding if I am wrong.   For example, in a simple moving average cross over system where we generate a buy signal when the fast MA cross above the slow MA, if we backtest the EA in a 4hr time...