How to Start with Metatrader 5 - page 117

Форум по трейдингу, автоматическим торговым системам и тестированию торговых стратегий

Floating windows in the next release of MetaTrader 5

Renat Fatkhullin, 2018.07.26 21:47

We have implemented floating windows that can be placed on other monitors and outside the main window:

For convenience, each window can include its toolbar.

From MQL5 it is easy to manage the state of the window and even make completely independent windows with their own controls and panels. It's enough to turn off the display of the chart and all the canvas is at the developer's disposal.

This will give an additional push to create full-fledged applications within the terminal.

Chart Properties - 

CHART_IS_DOCKED

The chart window is docked. If set to false, the chart can be moved dragged outside the terminal area

bool

CHART_FLOAT_LEFT

The left coordinate of the undocked chart window relative to the virtual screen

int

CHART_FLOAT_TOP

The top coordinate of the undocked chart window relative to the virtual screen

int

CHART_FLOAT_RIGHT

The right coordinate of the undocked chart window relative to the virtual screen

int

CHART_FLOAT_BOTTOM

The bottom coordinate of the undocked chart window relative to the virtual screen

int

Client Terminal Properties - 

TERMINAL_SCREEN_LEFT

The left coordinate of the virtual screen. A virtual screen is a rectangle that covers all monitors. If the system has two monitors ordered from right to left, then the left coordinate of the virtual screen can be on the border of two monitors.

int

TERMINAL_SCREEN_TOP

The top coordinate of the virtual screen

int

TERMINAL_SCREEN_WIDTH

Terminal width

int

TERMINAL_SCREEN_HEIGHT

Terminal width

int

TERMINAL_LEFT

The left coordinate of the terminal relative to the virtual screen

int

TERMINAL_TOP

The top coordinate of the terminal relative to the virtual screen

int

TERMINAL_RIGHT

The right coordinate of the terminal relative to the virtual screen

int

TERMINAL_BOTTOM

The bottom coordinate of the terminal relative to the virtual screen

int

Good article was published today - 

---------------

How to analyze the trades of the Signal selected in the chart 

New signals, free-of-charge or fee-based, appear in the Signals service on a permanent basis. The MetaTrader team took care that the service could be used without logging out of the terminal. All that is left to do is choosing the very signal that would produce the highest profits at acceptable risks. This problem has been discussed since long ago. The method of automatically selecting signals by the specified criteria [1] has already been proposed. However, the conventional wisdom says that a picture is worth a thousand words. In this paper, I propose to study and analyze the history of trades on the signal selected in a symbol chart. Perhaps, this approach would let us better understand the strategy of trading and estimate risks.

Having compiled the indicator, we will only need upload to the terminal chart the statistics of the selected signal and attach our indicator to one of the charts. Now we can study and analyze trades.

How to analyze the trades of the Signal selected in the chart

true

Nyembwe:
true

What is true?

Please do not make one word meaningless posts.

How do I know if someone has replied to the topic? 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page83#comment_3883423

----------------

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

How to Start with Metatrader 5

Sergey Golubev, 2016.11.30 21:14

Push notifications:
  • How do I know if someone has replied to the topic?
  • How to invite the person into the topic?

read this small thread with the explanation.

• www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Good article was published - 

----------------

Implementing indicator calculations into an Expert Advisor code 

Implementing indicator calculations into an Expert Advisor code

When programmers create an EA receiving signals from indicators, they should always decide on whether to use a reference to the indicator or relocate the indicator code to the EA? Reasons may vary. Programmers might want to keep applied indicators and the whole strategy in secret, distribute the EA as a single file, reduce the number of performed operations in case not all indicator signals/buffers are used, etc. Of course, I am not the first and, I believe, not the last one to ask this question. Nikolay Kositsin already considered a similar topic for MetaTrader 4. Let's see how this can be achieved on the MetaTrader 5 platform.

As many people are asking about "How to open account with MT5" and "How to add the broker to MT5" so I want to remind the following links:

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad HelpConnecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android

Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
Open an Account - Getting Started - MetaTrader 5
  • www.metatrader5.com
Two types of accounts are available in the trading platform: demonstration (demo) and real. Demo accounts provide the opportunity to work in a training mode without real money, allowing to test a trading strategy. They feature all the same functionality as the live ones. The difference is that demo accounts can be opened without any investment...

Sergey Golubev:

As many people are asking about "How to open account with MT5" and "How to add the broker to MT5" so I want to remind the following links:

MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

MetaTrader 5 Android OS Help - Opening a Demo Account 

MetaTrader 5 iPhone/iPad HelpConnecting to an Account and Opening a Demo Account 

-----------------

Simplified way to request a real account in MetaTrader 5 Android

and more - 

Find a Server by the Broker's Name:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/9950/page88#comment_3981953  
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

• www.mql5.com
I decided to create this thread to help to myself and to the others to start with Metatrader 5...

Tonny Obare:
This post is starting to look crocodile
I wanna know how to start 
Reason: