MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 131

Hello mates, I am trying to obtain the minimum and maximum prices in a time slot and I am not getting it. I have managed to obtain the minimum and maximum between a past hour and the current hour. But for example: If I want to create an indicator that draws two horizontal lines between the
Strategy Tester does not seem to be able to outpout Print or Alert from an indicator, Is there another way to test Alert or Print from an indicator? I embedded also the custom indicator into a dedicated EA, but no output was seen from the indicator, be it Print or Alert, Also Strategy Test handles
Hi, I have two buffers which I would like to color depending on a condition. In the following simple example the condition is on the close price. The script seems to work but I have an issue when, between two candles, the price change direction (see image attached). Note that the problem doesn't
script for quick calculation of pips made during some period of time. usage: - drop it on any chart and input start and finish dates, after that look in journal for values on each symbol. if you do not want to count still opened trades then set parameter count_opened=false. if you need to add more
  Market Folder  (4)
On my MT4 platform in the Navigator window, under Indicators, there appears to be a small blue down arrow on the Market Folder. What does this mean? Thank you
Hi everyone, I am new to MQL4 programming and try to learn and build some simple EA with nearly 0 programming background. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated very much. Please kindly help a look at the below for the code and screenshots: ... extern int Stoch_Period = 8 ;
Hello, can anyone fix this code? I'm trying to change it from send email alert to send a push notification. Thanks! #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Lime #property indicator_color2 Red //---- input parameters extern int ADXperiod = 14 ; extern
Hello there, So I've been trying to use mql4 to create a little automated system. I have a bunch of code that should recognise when there's a new candle present by simply comparing the open of the two most recent candles, and if they're different then voila. This isn't exactly what this post is
I need a bit of help understanding how to access below custom indicator signals from an EA so I can produce buy and sell orders. It appears the b1 and b2 is where I need to look, but I cannot work out what to do. Forgive me for the lack of insight, I'm new to this. For what it's worth, this
I use the Strategy Tester when trying to optimise parameters for my code although back testing only 3 years of data on open prices only can take 30 hours, does it really take this long (it never used to), I have read elsewhere that having a optimised code can speed up back testing, what sort of
Hi Everybody, I've found and modified a gap finder .mq4 indicator for MT4 and I'd love to add a simple toggle On/Off button on chart. Could someone help me? I'm new to coding and I'm struggling figuring out how to properly set it. CODE: #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1
Hello guys! This morning I have noticed that trades history is missing for one of my accounts.. . restarted the platform several times, tried also on another computer for the same account, still missing .. anyone any thoughts? thanks
Hi, I wanted to confirm that I understand the OnTick function for EAs I assume when the market is closed then there is no tick data ? If so then I should get no object or event data for code listed in the OnTick code block ? Including Comments or Print right ? Please confirm thanks
I have a CList which holds trade objects (structs) My struct looks like this: struct trade { int ticketNumber; double stopLossLevel; truefalse isTrailing; fiblevels breakevenPoint; bool hasHitBreakeven; double distanceInPrice; double tp1; double closeAtTp; }; truefalse is an
Hi System Traders, For those who use Gmail SMTP to send email alerts for their EAs' notifications, what are your plans after 30th May 2022 when Google plans to stop 'Less Secure Apps Access' of Gmail. MT4 email sending depends on this currently. Does anyone have a solution for this? This is part of
  Modify Error 1  (9)
Although this EA works very well, I think there is still room for improvement. For example, there is an error [modify Error 1] which does not interfere with its operation, but which I cannot fix. I did several searches to correct this problem, but unfortunately, I did not find anything precise, for
Hi, I need to login to MT4 web to extract my historical trades for my exchange's verification, but am struggling to connect to my trade account via Web Terminal. Can someone advise? Thank you
Hi Gents, I ran out of ideas to debug this as I couldn't close the last order (always closed most of them except the last active trade). This isn't happening often. It only happens very late at night. When I was monitoring it, it wouldn't happen. so strange. Would you please help me double check? I
Hello, I have a question. If I have EA orders running and my computer reboot, after restarting my MT4, would the EA still be able to manage the running orders? Thanks
Hi Guys, in my current EA I need to find out if a new order were closed. It doesn't matter if it's closed by hitting TP or SL... At the moment I use therefor: bool NEW_CLOSE() { bool new_close = false ; static datetime close_time = 0 ; for ( int i= 0 ; i<=OrdersHistoryTotal()- 1 ; i++)
Hi, how to correctly rewrite this line from pine script to mql4? Pine Script: SmoothedTrueRange = nz(SmoothedTrueRange[ 1 ]) - (nz(SmoothedTrueRange[ 1 ])/ADX_Length)+ TrueRange; mql4 error: '[' - array required 'SmoothedTrueRange' - invalid array access Thx
Hi I have a problem with metatrader 4. It is getting freeze every time when I am changing timeframes with some indicators and EA panel to trading. A few mates tested the same indicators , the same ea and all is good. But not for me. I installed new windows clean, and on clean new system it is the
  Martingale EA  (1388   1 2 3 4 5 ... 138 139)
A few days ago I received a PM to code an EA with the following parameters: -User decides initial trade direction (let's say long) and starting lot size (say .1 lot) -New position would be added every time the market moves x pips (say 10 pips) up or down away from the most recent position taken. If...
Hi I want to detect a zigzag 5 bars before. To find that I used this, if (zigzag(shift+ 5 )> 0 && zigzag(shift+ 5 )>Open[shift+ 5 ]) Alert (" new high"); if (zigzag(shift+ 5 )> 0 && zigzag(shift+ 5 )<Open[shift+ 5 ]) Alert (" new low"); when using this code, it only detects new low. The code is
[Deleted]
Hello All, I am using 30 symbols and 9 time frame in EA. I need to read indicator buffer. With according to buffer value i need to update arrow for each and every timeframe. I am getting issue of delay in updating of arrow. All code is executing in On timer(). Timer event used 1 second, 5 second,...
I have been trying for a few days to see if I can do it but I can't seem to get it working. Preferably the notifications have a pop up, email and push notifications abilities. Thanks in advance and please let me know if you need any more information
I want to modify this EA to keep the previous orders opened and open new ones, I tried to modify but only opens one order of buy and the nothing else. in what part of the code I must modify ? can someone help me
How can I watermark or my logo in the center of the MT4 chart
Hello everyone, I have a quick question. Is it possible to trade (test) other financial markets and instruments on MT4. When I click on 'Market Watch' I only have forex pairs listed there to trade or test. Is it due to my broker I'm not seeing any other financial market or is it due to MT4 not
i cant figure out why its not working propably ..a little help please...... the problem is that ea is take buy and sell trades on same arrow no matter if its buy arrow or sell arrow .. ea is taking 2 trades opposite way at same time