Simple Linear Regression Trading system. - page 5

vitaliy:
I really tried to search for PolyfitMA but couldn't find it... Could you please post a link or file of that indicator ?

On this thread: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178009

I will post template soon.

Thank you so much! You are so helpful! This is a pleasure to work with you in developing this system to the new level where it would be even simpler to trade.

got an error in expert, need "Linear Regresssion Line2.ex4". where can i found this? thx.

bats97:
got an error in expert, need "Linear Regresssion Line2.ex4". where can i found this? thx.

Sorry. My mistake.

Download the updated template on prev post.

Template

Files:
lr951756.gif  19 kb
linear_v2.tpl  3 kb

Fantastic trading system

I have been testing this system of yours linuxser for a week now and it is absolutely fantastic.

I think I was closing my trades early (when slope changed direction). Out of 10 trades, averaging approx 40 pips per trade, it has returned 100% success thus far.

I'm now going to try using your system as a signal to enter the trade, 1 hour window and always follow the linear curve trend (strong trends only) to see if I can still maintain high success with a greater pip gain.

I will post my results here for everyone.

I have been using on a demo account to date, however I have faith in the system to use it on my live account.

Anyway I wanted to thank you linuxser, igorad, newdigital and the rest of you for sharing this fantastic system, building the indicators and fine tuning this system into a great system.

Joining this website as an elite member was the best money I ever spend and I can't wait to put back into this community the results of this system over the comming weeks.

Thankyou guys, you all amaze me with your trading and programming skills and eagerness to share ideas with the community. You all should be commended! :-)

Steve

Results

Results have been fair using this system. I did have a few "blowouts"when I left the trade "following the trendline and hoping the trade would come into line with it over time"

This system is best to be used per linuxser's original suggestions, keeping an eye on the trade, and closing when you have approx 20-40 pips (or whatever).

Steve

Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 01): Linear Regression - the article

Linear Regression is a Predictive model that is used to find the linear relationship between a dependent variable and one or more independent variables ..

read more here
Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 01): Linear Regression
  • www.mql5.com
It's time for us as traders to train our systems and ourselves to make decisions based on what number says. Not on our eyes, and what our guts make us believe, this is where the world is heading so, let us move perpendicular to the direction of the wave

Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 02): Logistic Regression - the article

Unlike Linear Regression that we discussed in part 01, Logistic Regression is a classification method based on linear regression.

Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 02): Logistic Regression
Data Science and Machine Learning (Part 02): Logistic Regression
  • www.mql5.com
Data Classification is a crucial thing for an algo trader and a programmer. In this article, we are going to focus on one of classification logistic algorithms that can probability help us identify the Yes's or No's, the Ups and Downs, Buys and Sells.

Data Science and Machine Learning part 03: Matrix Regressions

If you paid attention to the previous two articles you'll notice the big issue I had is programming models that could handle more independent variables, by this I mean dynamically handle more inputs because when it comes to creating strategies we are going to deal with hundreds of data, so we want to be sure that our models can cope with this demand.

----------------
  • www.mql5.com
It's time for us as traders to train our systems and ourselves to make decisions based on what number says. Not on our eyes, and what our guts make us believe, this is where the world is heading so, let us move perpendicular to the direction of the wave.
Reason: