Changing the format of ex4 file

Hi my friends,

I've made a mistake and change the extension of .ex4 files through its properties and by " open with " button, I mean I chose to open .ex4 files in "notepad" application and it is completely crashed right now.

Does anyone know how to change it to its default condition in order to open in its predefined application, which I don't know what is ?

thanking in advance,

Changing the "open with" application should make no difference to how MT4 operates, it only changes what application to use when you double click the file in Windows Explorer. By default ex4 files have no predefined application in Windows Explorer.

If you changed the actual file extensions from .ex4 to something else you will have to manually change them back again.

There is no default "open with", you must open it though the terminal. Ignore it or if you insist, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations

Thank you guys for your helpful answers

William Roeder #:
There is no default "open with", you must open it though the terminal. Ignore it or if you insist, Control Panel\All Control Panel Items\Default Programs\Set Associations

hi there i tried doing it through the control panel and no luck its really bugging me that i can't change it back to normal and when on notepad it wont let me use the ea on the chart

parham.trader:

Hi my friends,

I've made a mistake and change the extension of .ex4 files through its properties and by " open with " button, I mean I chose to open .ex4 files in "notepad" application and it is completely crashed right now.

Does anyone know how to change it to its default condition in order to open in its predefined application, which I don't know what is ?

thanking in advance,

Simply reinstall MT4 to restart registery values or manually do it. 

Did you try the "open with" again and select MT4 application to open it? Btw don't forget to check the "always open with that app".
Reason: