[WARNING CLOSED!] Any newbie question, so as not to clutter up the forum. Professionals, don't go by. Can't go anywhere without you. - page 5

Figar0 >> :

Take an EA such as MACD Sample, comes with MT4. Look at its code. It uses the MACD indicator but does not have any buffers. Doesn't it? Instead it accesses the indicator values through iMACD(....). It is the same in your case, you should not redo the indicator for trading, but take your Expert Advisor and modify it to work with your indicator. And to address to indicator values through iCustom (....) (Rules of use are in the help and tutorial). If you have more exact questions, please, ask.

OK. >>Thank you...one hour I'll try... >>)

Hmmm...A specific question has arisen - how can divergence be written into the code as an entry signal without buffers?

amur писал(а) >>
Hmmm...A specific question came up - how can you write the divergence in the code as an entry signal without buffers?

do you already have divergence with the buffers?

amur писал(а) >>
Hmm...I have a definite question, how can I write the divergence in the code as an entry signal without any buffers?

What do you mean without buffers?) The indices are in the indicator, in your Expert Advisor you can take the necessary number of consecutive values of your indicator, store them in an array and look for divergences in them. In general, the divergence is not the easiest moment for a beginner. This is creativity, mathematics and a decent level of programming. Start with something easier. You may not see any profit at once.

Korey >> :

do you already have divergence with the buffers?

What do you mean? I don't understand. Anyway, I learned a bit of coding with the mediums, I also learned how to screw in trawl, etc. Learned by tips and peeking at codes. I am interested in MACD_Histogram indicator. I want to test divergence indicator because I didn't use it and I did not found any similar code.

Of course I want to receive tips like "write this in the code and the buffers error will disappear"))) But how do you describe divergence in the code? Is it impossible to do it that way?

Thank you for your patience!)))

Figar0 >> :

What do you mean without buffers?) The indices are in the indicator, in your Expert Advisor you can take the necessary number of consecutive values of your indicator, store them in an array and look for divergences in them. In general, the divergence is not the easiest moment for a beginner. This is creativity, mathematics and a decent level of programming. Start with something easier. Just like that you will never see profit.

I understand that the role of buffers in the advisor is played by arrays.... more complicated than I thought.... maybe someone has an example of divergence advisor...I find it easier when you can watch the work already done...

In general, I'm starting to get confused gradually. Write specifically what and where to insert in the code, and I'd keep poking around and learning))

CodeBase has a stock of divergence handling code, = download + read
Figar0 you're right, go for something simpler,

because divergence is about working with arrays, and if you don't understand buffers,
then you don't understand arrays either, so you can't master divergence.

amur писал(а) >>
I`m getting confused step by step. I would like to know what to insert in the code, and I'll continue to learn)).

How do I change the timeframes on MT4? I need to have 1hr, 3hr,6 or 8hrs .

ABN писал(а) >>

How do I change the timeframes on MT4? I need to have 1 hour, 3 hour,6 or 8 hour .

Скриптом PeriodConverter, + https://www.mql4.com/ru/search/?keyword=%D0%BD%D0%B5%D1%81%D1%82%D0%B0%D0%BD%D0%B4%D0%B0%D1%80%D1%82%D0%BD%D1%8B%D0%B9+%D0%A2%D0%A4

Reason: