MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 130

Hi, I'm inspecting this code written by someone else. //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| MACD.mq4 | //| Copyright © 2005, David W. Thomas | //|
Hello, I am trying to open a simple piece of code which allow me to open a position (buy or sell) at a certain time (for instance 11:30:58). I would like this code to run on its own and to be able to open this position on its own, but I can't do it :( Any help would be appreciated, thank you
  iClose returning wrong value  (28   1 2 3)
Hi! I'm having a very strange problem when trying to access the close price of the candle in another timeframe. Sometimes the value comes right, but sometimes it comes wrong. Any idea what might be happening? Code: input ENUM_TIMEFRAMES     UseTimeFrame  = PERIOD_D1;Print(iClose(Symbol()...
Hello everyone, I'm not sure how to do this.  Sorry not very helpful code snippet, can it be achieved? if(MRH<MO){c=true;} if(MRH>MO){d=true;} if(MRL<MO){e=true;} if(MRL>MO){f=true;} if(MRH>MRL){g=true;} if(MRH<MRL){h=true;} if(CR<OR){i=true;} if(CR>OR){j=true;} if(g==h){DlWI()};
Hi, In mt4, is it possible to add a pair that gets the historical data manually? I hope the question is easy. Regards
Hello Guys I was writing a script for the first time and now im finished and the order isnt opening and im getting this uninit reason 0 I know that this is the expert remove but how do I fix it
Hello I would like to know how to add the moving average(s) into a separate window (not by code but manually) the screenshot below is for that MA I am asking for: .. set file attached for the above screenshot
Is mt4 down . The platform is not loading . Never seen that before
I am taking an online course, but I am stuck. The Expert Advisor I am coding cannot submit automated orders on the Demo Account. I am attaching a file showing the output of the EA. The source code is listed below. It compiles cleanly, and it does execute on the IG chart. As you can see from the
Would it possible for the developers to add an option to the 'Terminal' so that instead of it being black and white, have it the same as the app with respective colours (blue / red) for buy / sell trades and profit / loss ? Or is there a script out there that can do this?
Hello, I use NY+7 brokers on multiple MT4 platforms, there are no Sunday daily bars on the charts. But why when I switch to weelky timeframe, the open date for bars becomes Sunday? E.g. currently the most recent weekly bar opens on 2021.10.10, which is Sunday. Is it fixable
Hello. So I have this indicator which draws arrows in the chart ( NOT On the chart).. I want to use it in a EA but cannot find buffers.. any thoughts? Tried with iCustom all buffers from 0 to 100... when arrow is printed on the chart there is a price on that... aand after that is EMPTY_VALUE..so my
Hi! Good evening! I have a small code problem that is easy to solve, but slightly complicated for me. My idea is to close half the lots, when the price reaches half the profit pips of my stoploss. Ex: If the stoploss is 12 pips and my trade goes into profit by 6 pips, to close half the lots and
  color
dear sir, your MT4 for PC is very good trading platform. but i think it would be better if you could coloring the outstanding position like this thank yo9u
hi dear friends before u hit me with critical comments im not a coder and i need a little help .. so i have this nice ea that is working on tester on renko charts with tick data .. but when plugged to renko generated chart is not operating and i guess its because its not updating price ask and bid
Dear all, hope you are fine, I need to execute a function when current bar is closed or current bar is open. How can I get that events? Thank you so much
Hello mates, I am trying to obtain the minimum and maximum prices in a time slot and I am not getting it. I have managed to obtain the minimum and maximum between a past hour and the current hour. But for example: If I want to create an indicator that draws two horizontal lines between the
Strategy Tester does not seem to be able to outpout Print or Alert from an indicator, Is there another way to test Alert or Print from an indicator? I embedded also the custom indicator into a dedicated EA, but no output was seen from the indicator, be it Print or Alert, Also Strategy Test handles
Hi, I have two buffers which I would like to color depending on a condition. In the following simple example the condition is on the close price. The script seems to work but I have an issue when, between two candles, the price change direction (see image attached). Note that the problem doesn't
script for quick calculation of pips made during some period of time. usage: - drop it on any chart and input start and finish dates, after that look in journal for values on each symbol. if you do not want to count still opened trades then set parameter count_opened=false. if you need to add more
  Market Folder  (4)
On my MT4 platform in the Navigator window, under Indicators, there appears to be a small blue down arrow on the Market Folder. What does this mean? Thank you
Hi everyone, I am new to MQL4 programming and try to learn and build some simple EA with nearly 0 programming background. Any help or suggestion will be appreciated very much. Please kindly help a look at the below for the code and screenshots: ... extern int Stoch_Period = 8 ;
Hello, can anyone fix this code? I'm trying to change it from send email alert to send a push notification. Thanks! #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 2 #property indicator_color1 Lime #property indicator_color2 Red //---- input parameters extern int ADXperiod = 14 ; extern
Hello there, So I've been trying to use mql4 to create a little automated system. I have a bunch of code that should recognise when there's a new candle present by simply comparing the open of the two most recent candles, and if they're different then voila. This isn't exactly what this post is
I need a bit of help understanding how to access below custom indicator signals from an EA so I can produce buy and sell orders. It appears the b1 and b2 is where I need to look, but I cannot work out what to do. Forgive me for the lack of insight, I'm new to this. For what it's worth, this
I use the Strategy Tester when trying to optimise parameters for my code although back testing only 3 years of data on open prices only can take 30 hours, does it really take this long (it never used to), I have read elsewhere that having a optimised code can speed up back testing, what sort of
Hi Everybody, I've found and modified a gap finder .mq4 indicator for MT4 and I'd love to add a simple toggle On/Off button on chart. Could someone help me? I'm new to coding and I'm struggling figuring out how to properly set it. CODE: #property indicator_chart_window #property indicator_buffers 1
Hello guys! This morning I have noticed that trades history is missing for one of my accounts.. . restarted the platform several times, tried also on another computer for the same account, still missing .. anyone any thoughts? thanks
Hi, I wanted to confirm that I understand the OnTick function for EAs I assume when the market is closed then there is no tick data ? If so then I should get no object or event data for code listed in the OnTick code block ? Including Comments or Print right ? Please confirm thanks
I have a CList which holds trade objects (structs) My struct looks like this: struct trade { int ticketNumber; double stopLossLevel; truefalse isTrailing; fiblevels breakevenPoint; bool hasHitBreakeven; double distanceInPrice; double tp1; double closeAtTp; }; truefalse is an