MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 135

OrderSend Error 2400  (24   1 2 3)
I'm trying to finish up an EA and I just can't for the life of me figure out why it wont place trades. Below is my function for placing orders. I am aware it's probably a little lackluster. This is my first EA and I'm learning. void PlaceOrder(){ if (CurBias == 0 && OrdersTotal () == 0 ){
[Deleted]
Hello, I have an EA in backtesting it works trading indices, but to run it in demo account it don't open any trade, but recently I have found a broker with its mt4 it works in demo and trade it normal. in your opinion why an EA don't open trades knowing that it did in backtesting? and why with a
Hello, im using mobile version mt4 and when i try to see logs i can see only 4 hours history and for 1 account, nothing else in app data i can see files but in .dat format and i dont know a software that can open it
I found a mq4 script on the forum (iprofit) that reads the account history, and shows me a total daily profit in currency and percentage. I'm currently trading Gold and Silver and i would like to filter/specify gold or silver in my script. I'm currently on the level of a script kiddie where i mostly
Hi, Everyone: I have never used MT4 before, but now I have a good MT4 indicator and want to use it on MT4 to analyse at least US indices (SP 500 and NQ). If I can take a look at a few US stocks, that will be even better. But after I downloaded the PC version of MT4, the platform does not allow me to
Scenario: I have developed my own Expert Advisor on mt4 platform. Recently, a same expert advisor is tested with same setting to install on 2 different broker mt4 platform. But the result is not the same. The factor of discrepancy is listed as follow: 1) different broker price data 2) different
Can anyone tell me if the alerts generated by indicators or expert advisors that appear in a pop up box saved somewhere so that I can go and look at what alerts were generated historically
  Margin  (2)
Hello! I have one question: If I calculate margin like this: double lot=0; for(int i =OrdersTotal()-1; i>=0; i--) { if(OrderSelect(i,SELECT_BY_POS)) { lot+= OrderLots(); } } int leverage= (int)AccountInfoInteger(ACCOUNT_LEVERAGE); double marginterminal=AccountInfoDouble(ACCOUNT_MARGIN); double
I have put together an EA and it is supposed to have an alert notification pop up when certain criteria are met. What it does: It sends an alert notification every 30 min (the time frame it is monitoring) while the condition remains true. What I want to to do: I need it to send an alert once after
Hello I installed the indicator, the mark is as in the picture. how should i fix it indicator name : kg-support-and-resistance-indicator program : mt4 Thank you
Hi everyone I had a problem when trying to close an open order, here's my code: void CloseOrders() { RefreshRates(); if ( OrderSelect (OrderTicket(),SELECT_BY_TICKET)) { if (OrderSymbol() == Symbol () && OrderMagicNumber() == MagicNumber) { if
This code failed to return the number 6 which is how many char in a forex symbol, any idea how to fix it? Thanks   string symbolArr[];  int k = StringSplit(Symbol(), "", symbolArr);  Print("k is: " + k); // prints "1" but "6" is expected.
  Want to team up?  (1)
Hello. I am a begginer trader and programmer. I am looking for people or a person who is interested in creating profitable Binary Options Bot. So far I've been writing in mql4 (2 months) and java (4 months). Bot (indicator) that I'm talking about is already capable of basic BO functionality, for
Hi, please your help with this: My indicators suddenly starts to plot the arrow marks all over the chart. The indicator fails more often in M1 timeframe, but it also happens in higher timeframes if i let it run long enough. If i reset the indicator or recompile it, it re-deploys itself and all seems
Hello I have a libertex account on Mt4 and I uploaded "*****" on the "Crude Oil" M1 period chart, but the EA does not trade... Can anyone tell me why? I don't understand
Hi , my order did not close when hit take profit. Anyone can help…
My EA works with modified stop loss when I test with tester EA work correctly with closing stop loss but when I run on the demo account stop loss doesn't work kindly someone hlp me out for this problem
Hello Guys, I have a problem for calling indicator values in my EA, this message show on expert tab on MT4 when I attach it on chart: "cannot set timer(1)" I search a lot in forum,some users say that Should use some codes in OnInit() and Deinit() sector of EA like this topic: "https://www.mql5...
Scoring - is a really simple indicator to help traders stick to their rules. Most traders have a set of rules they trade by. Often these are printed out or in a spreadsheet . Often the rules are overlooked or missed when the pressure of placing a trade hits. The Scoring indicator allows traders to
[Deleted]
On the advice of the FAQ , I'm creating an FAQ . Welcome. Discuss. And don't clutter up the humor thread
Hi , I am testing a HEDGING EA through Strategy Tester and most of the time that EA hits TP & SL in non sequence order wise or can say at the time of closing trade It closes all TP and SL at the in non-order wise. I want my trade should close based on Order. From the above image you can see order
  Murrey Math EA  (27   1 2 3)
is there a murreymath ea available on this forum? i have been trading murreymath successfully for 2 years if someone can provide me a template i am sure i can take it from there adding further stuff. thanks in advance ForexStyle.
I wrote an EA that gets forex signals from telegram, parses the trade info and submits them. All works well there. I would like to backtest some of the telegram forex signals to see which services work better. I have the telegram channel data parsed and stored in a database and my EA can download
Hello all, I have some purchased and downloaded EAs, and I followed all instructions to a T, copying the MQL4 and Templates folders, containing the ex4 files, into the Expert File in MT4 Data Folder, and then restarting the terminal. I don't have any other EAs, nothing else could possibly be
Does anyone know how to get the same ADX value on the MT4 platform as in the Oanda Desktop platform? It seems verry different with same parameters. The Mt4 version isn't working for me. I need to get a similar value as the Oanda desktop version. the only way I can think of doing that is by getting
Hello all, I have found an interesting indicator showing Breakeven level information for MT4. The indicator displays the breakeven line in the form of a horizontal line on the chart of a currency pair; Sell and Buy separated and/or one line cumulative. To calculate the breakeven line, open
If digits = 3 or idigits = 5, then double TickValue = SymbolInfoDouble(Symbol(), SYMBOL_TRADE_TICK_VALUE,); then TickValue must be multiplied by 10 after this? Or is it already multiplied by 10
[Deleted]
This may be a stupid question, but is there a way to get a list of all open charts and their timeframes. Want to have a script that will list all objects (which I do know how to do) on all charts that are currently open. Thanks in advance for your response
I'm looking for programmatically solution of loading entire history for a symbol and a timeframe from server. I can do it manually by opening a chart with the required symbol and the required timeframe and then (unlock Scroll the chart button) by pressing Home and multiple pressing PgUp until I get...
hello i look for indicator which can calculate profit loss calculation on the chart with specific term like 1 month. for instance i load 2 MA period as 10 , 20 then if two MA cross each other i Buy or Sell and exit trade as when reverse Buy Sell signal appear and want to set trading term as 1 month