MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - page 129

anyone facing the same issue when installing MT4 on Cloud computer? Keep prompting insert proxy server login... need help urget appreciate your help and comment thank you
#property copyright "" #property link      "" #property indicator_chart_window extern int Pips = 50; extern bool Alerts = true; extern bool PushNotification = false; double point; datetime alerttime; //+------------------------------------------------------------------+ //| Custom indicator...
Attached is EMA Crossover indicator, can somebody help me in changing the indicator from buy sell "arrows signals" to "horizontal lines" on the chart. Also previous horizontal line should be deleted on the formation of new. Thank you
Hello Everyone I'm working on a project right now using data from four custom indicators on 9 timeframes in mql4. Currently I make use of the iCustom function to get data from necessary buffers and bar indexes. As you can imagine, I have over 60 iCustom calls and its slowing down processing
Hi all I've been racking my brain on this all afternoon and can't work out where I'm going wrong...  My goal is to find the high/low between now and a previous trade. I know the general gist of it is  (1) find current datetime and past reference datetime (2) find the hours between the two datetimes...
  I have an account in MT4  (16   1 2)
I have an old MT4 account and there is an amount in it and I cannot withdraw the amount because I am not familiar with the broker. Is there a way to find out the broker or withdraw the amount
How do I get a region, lets say daily TF to display the same value for my index buffer, without having to use time[] array. I used iTime() to get the values of the various time to calculate for, but the index buffer is having different values for each candle and not the time frame regions. Thanks
Hi all, I guess what I really need to plan my next project is a generalized list of what custom indicators CAN'T do. vs what EA's CAN'T do. Or at least some main feature differences that might guide me in deciding EA vs Indicator. Please advise Thanks
I am new to coding: how do I code something like this: stochastic833 signal line is going up , trigger: rsi7 crosses below 40
I am trying to draw a trend line in a separate indicator window , but the lines are being drawn in the main window instead of indicator window What am i doing wrong ? here is my code : #property indicator_separate_window #property indicator_minimum 1 #property indicator_maximum 2 int OnInit () {
Hi Team, Weird thing just happened (21:25:48 2022.03.24) I clicked on the X to close out three of my open XAUUSD Long trades and instead of closing them out, MT4 / IG opened three short trades on AUDJPY. I was not on the AUD JPY screen, and i did not have any trades open on the AUDJPY. Every time
please i am finding it difficult to run mt4 on my desktop can someone help me
input datetime InpDateTime = TimeLocal (); I would like the input panel to always show the current date as the default value when prompting for a date. However, when I write the above, I get an error. What can I do
[Deleted]
With pressing 'chart moving' icon, We can move chart to the left and make some empty area.. Now, I want to draw some lines (ex. MAs) in this area. Is it possible to draw lines like Moving Average Lines in this area??? Show me the functions or codes, pliz...
I am writing my own script that submits Forex orders. It seems pretty straight forward, but my MT4 has a live and a demo account. How do I select which account I am sending my Forex order to? I have a Windows program I bought that can submit orders to MT4 based on which account I choose (Live or
Hi everyone. Why does the function IsNewbarOnTimeframe return true when the program is just loaded (at the middle of the current bar)? Why not wait until the current bar (first bar) ends before returning true just like the subsequent bars? How can one code that the function should be false until the
Hello everyone, I have a quick question regarding backtesting in general: Do you know where I can find price data for the different currencies? And how do we know if our data is not falsified? Thanking you in advance, I wish you a great day
Right click chart window > Properties > Common > Scale Fix One to One I assumed this chart feature is new, possibly in the latest 1010 build of MT4.  I have always had issues when I leave my charts unattended, I come back and the market has made a huge move up or down, and the candles are partially...
How to add in ea expert? IN MT4
Hello Everyone, after taking several MQL4 courses online, I'm trying to write my own EA. My EA is a simple MA crossover which opens a short/long position based on MA crossover. It should close the current position on the opposite signal and open a new position. I wrote the code, tested it and it
256 divided by 5 is 51.2, but MT4 gives me 51.00000000. int OnInit () { Average = ( 256 / 5 ); drawLabel(); return ( INIT_SUCCEEDED ); } double Average; void drawLabel() { string name = "LabelDebug" ; string text = "Average: " + DoubleToString (Average, 8 ); if ( ObjectFind (name) !=
It's easy with preset colors: ChartBkg = ChartSetInteger ( 0 , CHART_COLOR_BACKGROUND , White); ChartBkg = ChartSetInteger ( 0 , CHART_COLOR_BACKGROUND , Lavender); What about custom colors? Manual selection returns something like 181,230,210. But these don't work: ChartBkg = ChartSetInteger ( 0
Hi, I am trying to create Moving Average color. When moving average is Increasing relative to previous bar - it is Blue color. When moving average is Decreasing relative to previous bar - it is Red color. I created 2 buffers and initialize them at OnInit function SetIndexBuffer ( 1 ,Uptrend); //
Hi all, I have the following simplified code: bool init_; int OnInit () { init_ = true ; //--- return ( INIT_SUCCEEDED ); } int OnCalculate ( const int rates_total, const int prev_calculated, const datetime &time[], const double &open[]
Hi there i wanted to know how can i get the users pc mac address
I would like to include a similar type of object drawing on my charts for my EA so I can visually track when and where it opened and exited trades... anybody has or know where to find the code strategy tester is using?
This is really easy to do in TradingView – under the indicator options I can right click and say "Move to New window Below", and it pops into its own window beneath my chart. How do I do this same thing in MT4
Hello, I have a custom indicator that I made but for some reason the push notifications aren't coming through my phone, however I get the alerts on my computer. Can someone please fix this? This is the source code: //------------------------------------------------------------------ #property
  Writing free EAs  (156   1 2 3 4 5 ... 15 16)
Hi all, in this thread we share trading ideas and write free EAs
Hello I got " unknown ticket orderdelete funtion " error to close pending orders //======== void CloseAll( int t) { int cnt= OrdersTotal (); int ticket= 0 ; double closeprice= 0 ; double closelot= 0 ; int ordertip=- 1 ; for ( int