Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 983

To post a new topic, please log in or register
I notice huge difference in data/charts from different brokers, sometimes the difference is up to 4-8 pips in both directions on 15min charts, less on 1-5min. That means by using the same system or EA with one broker you making money when with the other you are loosing. What is the explanation?...
  History (5)
i tried to import history into MT4 from alpari M1 Data and the top number changes from 32768 to 648736 but when i close and reopen my terminal it shows again 32768 what could i be doing wrong or is this normal behaviour? thanks.
I find out that when you test the same EAs with the same settings on MT from different broker (NorthFinance, FIBO-UK and metaquotes demo)they give different results. Maybe someone know why? Another thing the charts a different as well for some unknown reason and the difference sometimes are huge....
Greetings once again, I was writing my own trailing stop routine from some of those examples that are often given. I noticed that my stop lines were eratic and decided to implement the following statement. I hope this helps anyone that has the same idea. void TrailOrder(int type) {...
The list has being updated from 350+ to 500+ Indicators with the help of forum members. Thank you all. Let's Rock it to 1000+ guys What every newbie dreams off and just a helpfull hand to the experts here. I tried to collect and copy all the Indicators from various forums and put it in one place....
  accept email (1)
Any way that an Expert Advisor can monitor an email account and execute based on code in an email? joe gelet eliteeservices www.ees.net.nz
Hello all, I'm creating an indicator using 2 separate histograms 2 separate colors (does not have to be a histogram just need shaded regions). Is there a way to derive a 3rd color where they overlap automatically without calculation and the creation of a 3rd buffer? -charliev
I am looking for a good indicator(s) that detects trending (or lack thereof) on a Daily chart. Could someone point a few decent ones. Thanks
  Equity EA (15   1 2)
Has anyone ever come across an EA which will close all open and pending orders based on equity value settings? Thanks in advance.
Can an alert be made to set a certain price ? So that a price I enter into the indicator/alert signals when that price is reached ? Thanks
Why did this order fail? Why is SL or TP invalid here? thanks 2006.06.15 08:14:51 '400313': order buy stop 1.00 GBPUSD opening at 1.8530 sl: 1.8500 tp: 0.0000 failed [Invalid S/L or T/P]
  100% In 3 Days. (23   1 2 3)
Sorry for the misleading title guys, but I wanted to know your opinion about this: Assuming one of us Creates a super smart Forex system that makes 100% in 3 days. And assume that this system is posted here and now. I have worked on the forex for over 3 years to perfect my systems( I am nowhere near...
New MetaTrader 4 build 194 is now available for downloading on our website. Changes: 1. Added autosave of global variables after they have been changed. 2. Added autosave of the expert log after the start() function has completed its operations. 3. Tester: Added the genetic algorithm. 4. Tester...
If we could accurately (or at least 80% of time) forecast the direction of the DAY, life would be a lot easier. Could we (no offense meant, but preferably "seasoned" traders) collectively try and find a "better" way of trying to determine the overall direction of the DAY by posting what we have been...
This is a odd question. Im a newbie so forgive me if its the "wrong" question to ask, or I put it in the wrong forum. I plan on trading on the major news events. Warning: inproper terms will be used throughout this post! So before the major news event, I get a buy and sell ready. For example say...
There's an EA that I like but my balance on this account is only 238$ and the EA doesn't work if the balance is less than 250$. Is there a way to by-pass that ? The EA is SweatSpot 2. Thanx
Not all mini accounts are created equal... This same EA is running in two different accounts. Attached are the reports from each one. Also attached is the EA itself. I would like to make the account which is doing orders in the .75 range give orders in the 7.50 range. How can I make this happen....
i Want To Make That Expret, But I Don`t Know Can Any Person Help Me? .......lots=1 .......stop=25 .......limit=on Attach Chart .......FRAME=5M Thank You
  Help Please (4)
I just started using MetaTrader last week. This forum has helped very much. I have not figured out how to change the time scale on the charts. Could someone please tell me how I adust the time to my time zone? Thanks!
  MT4 Questions (3)
Hi, I been trying MT4 for quite some days now, and I have a few questions regarding the software. Any help regarding these Questions would be deeply appreciated... 1.) How do I enable Global Crosshairs...meaning how do I enable crosshairs on all charts at the same time without clicking each...
When I am testing my expert, I often have my edit window open and make changes between expert testing runs. I have noticed that the back testing window does not always update with the code that I have just compiled. It will show the version of my older expert as the journal shows output. What is...
  National Forums/Websites/Sources (217   1 2 3 4 5 ... 21 22)
Could anyone please tell me any Russian forum on metatrader. I find most of the indicators are being translated from Russian and Russian forums and most of the programmers too are from Russia. Surprise, Surprise, after trading for months. I came to know that metatrader is a Russian company...
Hi, I searched the forum for this MACD with BB in it, but i can't find it, anyone has it willing to share it??? Thanks
Hello evrybody , i missed you please can anyone help me adding this indicator(attached) in Expert advisor ? i want EA to buy after blue arrow completed bar & sell after red arrow completed bar with take profit ,stoploss,trialling stop,money management and time filter thanks alot
Hello everyone, Other than using Volume[0]=0, how would I programatically determine when a new BAR begins (under any time period) without getting into messy TIME calculations, etc. I appreciate all replies. Thanks! -charliev
hello traders, i want woodies pivots display indicator. i mean that indicator take yesterday high, yesterday low, yesterday close and todays open and display woodies pivots. please give me if anybody have then please give me. regards, santosh
I've looked high and low and can't figure out how to get the Expert Advisors. Please let me know where to get them. Thanks in advance. Carl Fritch
I have this comment in an EA. Comment=(" maxOrdersOpen = ",OrdersTotal()). The result is that it appears on all charts with total orders for all working pairs. What do I need to do to make it Currency Pair specific? Thanks in advance, Wackena
Is there any way to have multiple Demo Accounts from a broker (e.g. FXDD) where these charts go to that Demo Account and those charts go to that Demo Account? I have 2 Demo accounts, but when I flip over, all the charts go with it and I can't isolate the results. I'm wanting to test multiple EAs and...