What will be the effect of AI? - page 3

Marco vd Heijden:

I have been trading this one strategy that has been working since the 80's, now although i agree that the amount of ticks and the ease of trading has become much faster and better, the strategy still works.

Interesting information...

Marco vd Heijden:

I have been trading this one strategy that has been working since the 80's, now although i agree that the amount of ticks and the ease of trading has become much faster and better, the strategy still works.

I can compare this to a black&white television set in comparison to a 4K Ultra HD set , the picture still resembles the same thing, although the quality differs.

I do not believe that AI systems will break the market, but if the strategy stops working i will let you know.

Exactly, this is a nice example with regards the technology improvements of televisions.

The movies that you can see on black/white TV are still the same in the end even if modern televisions are extra-powerful ;)

Carmine Pinto:

1) This last question is different from your initial question but it is as well a non-sense in fact:

2) Technical analysis track the past, fundamentals (or lack of them) lead the price's reasons to form trends, ranges or mixed situations based on capital flows.

3) Technical analysis is not the holy grail and it will never be so.

4) Charts are just charts and it is possible to find similar behaviors and patterns today just like in the 80's or 50's or 20's and even when japanese began to create japanese candle charts for rice trading. What can change is just cyclical volatility and other few aspects based on fundamental environments of the specific period of reference world configuration.

5) Think what you want but it is not some technology that can change the game (maybe the change can be just at some lower degree i.e. HFT make intraday trading harder because of price slippages etc..). I just repeat that technology is a tool to help human lighten up their work and it is not a "fundamental-rule changer".

6) Even if we want to give some credit at this sci-fiction scenario in a very distant future, I don't see where it would be useful to know at these days; for example we know for sure (?) that the sun will implode and burn within 5 billion years; how much important is to know this today for you? Probably it's not important at all.

Great explanation! 

You have clarified some things that I could not understand before, thnx a lot!

franko88:

Great explanation! 

You have clarified some things that I could not understand before, thnx a lot!

This is indeed a good news. :)

I found an introduction lesson where is explained well how artificial intelligences work, with many examples. Unfortunately only in italian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeM110FPsNs&index=4&list=PLN77cZo_N0pBeOYYMz66Wb69awKnDHDC_

Jox90:

I found an introduction lesson where is explained well how artificial intelligences work, with many examples. Unfortunately only in italian.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeM110FPsNs&index=4&list=PLN77cZo_N0pBeOYYMz66Wb69awKnDHDC_

Bravissimo italians, these are very beautiful stories, but actions speak louder than words.

The topic seems not about AI in general, but about AI in the market and trading, maybe it's time for us to move directly to machine learning for robots - EA or Indicators.

Here's a link where we can do it right now. Unfortunately so far only in russian.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/270216

Машинное обучение роботов
Машинное обучение роботов
  • www.mql5.com
Привет всем, я занимаюсь машинным обучением (МО) советников и индикаторов и решил вынести на всеобщее обсуждение свои эксперименты...

Ivan Negreshniy:

Bravissimo italians, these are very beautiful stories, but actions speak louder than words.

The topic seems not about AI in general, but about AI in the market and trading, maybe it's time for us to move directly to machine learning for robots - EA or Indicators.

Here's a link where we can do it right now. Unfortunately so far only in russian.

https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/270216

Fortunately this is translatable.

Reason: