Optimizing in MT5 with correct spread

in MT4, there is a field to input the spread i wish to use for running the passes.

In MT5 i can't seem to find it, after a search i couldnt find the answer, thought i would ask here if anyone knows (-;

Niro Dobicky:

in MT4, there is a field to input the spread i wish to use for running the passes.

In MT5 i can't seem to find it, after a search i couldnt find the answer, thought i would ask here if anyone knows (-;

Use "every tick based on real ticks" if you want to make it right. those are bit and ask ticks.

Niro Dobicky:

Not sure how you searched.

MT5 Strategy tester spread.

Bernhard Schweigert:

Use "every tick based on real ticks" if you want to make it right. those are bit and ask ticks.

My issue is i use MT5 with a demo account just for optimizing and i have another machine that  is live on a diferent broker, so i want to put my broker's spread as every broker has different ask prices..

Niro Dobicky:

My issue is i use MT5 with a demo account just for optimizing and i have another machine that  is live on a diferent broker, so i want to put my broker's spread as every broker has different ask prices..

With MT5 datas are downloaded from the broker, you should connect to your live account and optimize from there.

Icham Aidibe:

With MT5 datas are downloaded from the broker, you should connect to your live account and optimize from there.

thats what i will do, for some reason my broker (IG-LIVE) does not allow it i think... i will call them on monday and find out (-;

Niro Dobicky:

thats what i will do, for some reason my broker (IG-LIVE) does not allow it i think... i will call them on monday and find out (-;

Now you can use custom symbols. You can create a new custom symbol in the broker where you test and load the rates into it from your live broker.

https://www.mql5.com/en/articles/3540
Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5
Creating and testing custom symbols in MetaTrader 5
  • www.mql5.com
Custom symbols in MetaTrader 5 offer new opportunities for developing trading systems and analyzing any financial markets. Now traders are able to plot charts and test trading strategies on an unlimited number of financial instruments. To do this, they only need to create their custom symbol based on a tick or minute history. Custom symbols can...

Niro Dobicky:

You are running MetaTester64. Check ..\bases\[broker]\ticks\[Symbol]\ versus  ..\bases\[broker]\history\[Symbol]\

There you can see the difference between both and you'll see which broker offers tick-quotes :)

It's a kind of your own, local broker evaluation ;)

Reason: