I have subscribed for a signal and when the trader open trade , on my platform there are 2 open trades, the second one is extra and the trader does'n have it in his/her account . After some time , the second order ( which is extra )has closed by itself ( sometimes in profit and sometimes in lose ) Would you tell me how to fix this issue ?
You have your local terminal open along with the VPS, so the signal is copied 2 times.
When you use a VPS, you don't need to keep your MT terminal open and tick the: Enable realtime signal subscription, because you will copy everything twice.
1.If I don't use VPS , but keep my terminal open and tick '' Enable realtime signal subscription '' will the copying works ?
2.If I use VPS I still have to keep my PC open and have internet connection , is that correct ?
2. Not, you do not need to keep your Metatrader open and have internet connection.Because MQL5 VPS for MT4?MT5 is the copy of your Metatrader in cloud so you can swtich your computer off in case you have VPS.
So , I have to :
1. Register VPS from MGL5
2. UNTICK '' Enable realtime subscription '' option
3. I can switch off the PC
...and the copying will worlk properly ?
There are some steps about what to do (you can check with yours about what you did for example)
How to Subscribe to MT4/MT5 Signal - new instructions -
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
How to Subscribe to a MT4 Signal (new instructions, after 1065 version upgrade)
Eleni Anna Branou, 2017.11.02 21:06
Below are step by step instructions, of how to subscribe to a MΤ4 signal:
1. Register a MQL5 account: https://www.mql5.com/en/auth_register
2. Open your MT4 platform and go to Menu >> Tools >> Optios and click on the Community tab. There you put your Login and Password of your MQL5 account and click OK.
3. Go to the search area of your MT4 platform, on the upper right corner (where the magnifying glass is), type in the name of the signal you want to subscribe and click Enter.
4. You will see lower, in the Terminal Window of your MT4 platform, the results of your search. Click on the name of the signal you want to subscribe.
5. Click on the green Subscribe for $$ USD button on the right side of your MT4's Terminal Window.
6. Select the payment method and complete payment for your subscription.
7. In the Options >> Signals window that opens, tick the following options:
8. In the Use no more than: ...... of your deposit (95% maximum) field below, put the percentage of your capital, you want to participate in signal's copying.
9. In the Stop if equity is less than: ...... field, put the amount of your capital, you want to preserve, or leave it empty.
10. In the Deviation/Slippage field, select an option and click OK in the Options window to close it.
11. Now you have completed the subscription process and the only thing you need is a VPS (Virtual Hosting) in order to copy the signal 24/7 without having your MT4 platform open all day long.
12. Go to your account details in the Navigator window of your MT4 platform, right click in your account number or name and select the option Register a Virtual Server.
13. In the Virtual Hosting Wizard window that opens, the VPS with the lower Ping, ms value is presented automatically.
14. Select your payment plan for 1, 3, 6 or 12 months and click Next.
15. Tick the: I agree to the virtual hosting service rules and the auto renewal option below (if you want) and click Next.
16. Complete your payment for the VPS Service.
17. In the next window, tick the Migrate signal: account and settings option, click End and you are done.
Ok , I am complitely lost now !!!
In one of the previous messages you said - '' When you use a VPS, you don't need to keep your MT terminal open and tick the: Enable realtime signal subscription, because you will copy everything twice.''
Now in the instructions says I should tick '' Enable realtime signal subscription '' option and at the same time register a VPS .
Would you tell me which one of the options bellow I should do :
1. Register VPS from MQL5 and tick on '' enable realtime signal subscription '' . I can then switch off my PC
2. Register VPS from MQL5 and UNTICK THE OPTION '' enable realtime signal subscription '' I can switch of my PC
3. If I don't register VPS and tick the option '' enable realtime signal subscription '' and keep my PC and MT terminal open all the time , will that works ?
1. Yes, after synchronization with VPS. Because if you do everything in your computer's Metatrader so it will be passed to VPS' Metatrader which will be copy of yours after synchtronization (yes, there is your Metatrader, and there is copy of your Metatrader in VPS's cloud, and synchromization process is the process to get this copy ...).And if you keep your Metatrader to be open (to get the signal) with working VPS (it means - two same Metatrader instances connected with same account are working at the same time) - you will get twice/double orders on your account (in case if your VPS and your computer's Metatrader are on same broker's account to be login and working).
2. Do not understand sorry ....It is related to synchronization with VPS ... once you made a sychnorimization (you passed your settings/EAs/signal's settings etc to VPS's Metatrader) so ... you can untick ...But I am not sure sorry (some other people will correct me if I am wrong).
3. Yes, it will work. But it may be disconnection because of internet disconnection, it may be delay because the signal of from signal provider is going from the US, and your home PC is in Asia for example ... and you both are using home wifi ....? and more.In case of VPS - you both (signal provider and your VPS's Metatrader) are on same location (which is nothing with your internet and with your personal location), and you can check ping for example, means - good for scalping, and more.
if I am wrong so sorry ) - the other users will correct me.
There are some more interesting information -
How to migrate the signal subscription from one VPS to a new VPS?https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/166673#comment_3997810
You can move your VPS subscription from one account to anotherhttps://www.mql5.com/en/forum/172120#comment_4166892
What is synchronization?read this small thread:
Synchronize - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/211508
In case of VPS - you both (signal provider and your VPS's Metatrader) are on same location (which is nothing with your internet and with your personal location), and you can check ping for example, means - good for scalping, and more...
Check the latency values of various Servers available for your Broker -
Program to check latency between VPS and broker's server
Fernando Carreiro, 2017.10.24 12:06
Just left-click on the Connection Status icon in the bottom right of MetaTrader
and you will see a pop-up context menu showing you the latency values of
various Servers available for your Broker. Then you can select the
fastest one to your liking. You can also re-scan as values may fluctuate.
MetaTrader 4 MetaTrader 5