Download MetaTrader 5

General - page 799

To post a new topic, please log in or register
My entry technique: I intend to enter long or short when the current price bar closes above or below a Donchian Channel (50 day market high or low) ...... double DonchianLowerEntry = iCustom(NULL,0,"DonchianChannel2",2400,3,-2,0,100,0,0); // Entry for Lower Donchian Channel - 50 days, 2400 double...
Read articles about, but no workaround found. I've progressively extended my EA from Multitimeframe/One Pair to Multipair/Multitimeframe, no problem, it even worked during one complete week on demo. Then i decide to improve it a bit, and came the troubles. Let say that EA intensively use icustom()...
  New member (1)
Hi fellow members, I am new to this forum site and wish to learn more to improve my forex trading. I started forex trading more than 6 months ago on a full lot account and have not being successful and now switch to trading the mini account until I can be profitable before switching back to trading...
  MT4 screen capture (16   1 2)
Here's a small tool I just coded for my personal use. I didn't reinvented the wheel. It may exist already in some other versions. It saves a screen shot of your current chart in the /experts/files/ folder every starting bar. Example on a 1hr chart, a pic will be saved every hour. Copy it in the...
For the people who did not have time to follow many threads. So, something new for this week in public and elite section (just for this week ony - next week will be the other week): - https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/178661 and, just to compare - many other versions https://www.mql5...
Anyone please help, Issue: My expert doesn't automate the trading. Observation: I have run my expert on strategy tester and it ran fine and showed open/close trades even until the current dates. However, I have been running my expert on my live account chart for few weeks and it didn't open any...
By "visualizer" I mean the visual mode playback of an EA backtest. I just wanted to make a quick ask for increased usability in the visualizer in the MT5 client...like I would love to seen a finer granularity of control on the playback so that I could slow down more precisely at critical times in...
I have a question about using Expert Advisors at FX Pro. FX Pro has 5 digits after the comma, this causes the hat the Metatrader displays f. i. 2 pips, like you have only 4 or less dgits. Instead it displays 20 pips. Ao my question is, does this influence the Expert Advisors in the wrong way? Is...
  Free News Trading Room (53   1 2 3 4 5 6)
Hey All, If I host a Free news Trading Room, Who would want to join? Post here or shoot me a PM or e-mail. Im just thinking about it but i was just looking to see who would interested. thanks & take care, Bear-
Dear Metaquotes Team, I would like to extend MT4 Mobile platform with a custom indicator. Can you please give me instructions on how to write a plugin to add a new indicator or replace one of the built-in indicators with one of mine? Perhaps you have an interface for this or can provide an entry...
I am a newbie and shall be very much thankful if someone advise me how to save the custom indicator properties changed by me. I use a set of custom indicators on different currencies and like changing the line width to 4 or 5 for better visibility but as soon as i switch the chart to different time...
Need for help from good Coder to do it
Hi there, Time in the market watch window is displayed in the format hh:mm How does on get the time in the Market Watch window to display as hh:mm:ss Regards, Laurence.
Hi I opened this thread to write my analysis on majors before news release time specially before A class news.You can find some trade positions and set up your order before the news release time at your risk.And I explained the market moves and targets around that time.All analysis will be valid...
  Hi (4)
I was searching for an average daily range calculator on yahoo when I stumbled on this great site. Quite a nice initiative for Metatrader user's Advantage. I hope you EA gurus are always ready to help See ya!
  StoIK EA - Stoch\I-Trend (19   1 2)
Hi all! After a little research on coding and starting from some others EA, i created one based on Stochastic and I-Trend cross. It Buy/Sell : when stochastic and I-Trend are positiv or negativ - I-trend level filter available. It close position: at next stochastic cross....
I'm new to Forex trading . . . and really enjoying myself. I've got ZeroCode and am trying to fathom how to code logics. Is there a newbie guide anywhere? I keep getting "An exception occurred: Input string was not in a correct format." Thanks. ElfN
I've found an old topic that mentions the same problem as mine - multiple timeframe indicator works correctly when put on a chart but in backtest it gives wrong values. I've checked the indicator values on a live chart and they are correct - indicator works fine. However, when I Print() indicator...
  3 days of trading (39   1 2 3 4)
  EuroBlaster LOL (88   1 2 3 4 5 ... 8 9)
Could some one please run this EA through some tick data I have been playing around with various codes and indicators on this forum and others. and managed to get it to work. I freely admit I can't code very well so I have Copied the codes. If I have offended anyone I apologize. I have started...
First, I'm not sure what the thought about these kind of threads are so if it's frowned upon just delete it or say so and I will. Basically I just got done reading Tim Ferris's "Four Hour Work Week" and I loved it. It's basically all about a mobile lifestyle and I really like to apply his...
  WSS_Pyramid (25   1 2 3)
Hi, in attach the WSS_Pyramid EA with a little modify (see winning-solution web site for details). This version not have a buy bias (as original WSS_Pyramid) but open new type order in according with trend. So if the last gain order is a buy order the new one is a buy again: if the last it's a sell...
I am looking for log files that usually reside (in Windows XP anyway) in the "c:\program files\metatrader 4\logs" directory on a computer running Windows Vista. In XP, I see a log file in this directory for each day that MT4 was opened, but in Vista I only see one old file from the initial...
Hey just figured I'd post here with my first foray into live trading. I am very novice and am training mostly just with HAMA PAD indicators. I'm also trying to learn how to trade the news on this live account. Now everyone says you should practice with a demo until you hit live. But everyone also...
Hi Traders To control risk One of the most important jobs as a day trader is to control your risk exposure. Sure, controlling risk is a concept you must use in any type of trading, however in day trading you must look at this issue from a different angle. Since your job is to capture various...
Hi to everyone in the forum, I'm a complete novice to Forex Trading so any first hand advice would be most appreciated. I'm a little turned around at this point with all the choices to be made with regards to software, brokers, courses, forums. It seems everywhere you turn for research or advice...
Hi, I'm programming mql for about an 1year and now i've seen for the first time a problem that i don't know how to solve whitch i think it's a metatrader problem, bug or whatever you want to call it. The problem is: I have an indicator which i coded which i tested with the tester and also...
  The London Open (1888   1 2 3 4 5 ... 188 189)
Good morning I trust you are all well,,, I have decided to move charting packages recently to MT4 and i have to say what a package. I only use a Demo account here at the moment, as i trade elsewhere, but it is free and its worth a sneeky look. You can overlap longer term MA's and CCI's on...