Help! Problem with buy stop. Why???

Hi guys last day i had a problem with my buy stop and now I'm furious!

I had set a buy stop at 12040 on the DAX market, and when the DAX went at 12039,17 my broker took my but stop and entry in the market. But why? The price didn't go at 12040! 

What's happened? What i have to do next time? I need an help, plese. Thankyou guy.

Jim8137:

Hi guys last day i had a problem with my buy stop and now I'm furious!

I had set a buy stop at 12040 on the DAX market, and when the DAX went at 12039,17 my broker took my but stop and entry in the market. But why? The price didn't go at 12040! 

What's happened? What i have to do next time? I need an help, plese. Thankyou guy.

The Bid may have only hit 12039, but the Ask obviously did hit 12040.

You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
  1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's entry) are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask.
  2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's entry) will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3
  3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options {control-O} → charts → Show ask line.)

William Roeder:
You buy at the Ask and sell at the Bid. So for buy orders you pay the spread on open. For sell orders you pay the spread on close.
  1. Your buy order's TP/SL (or Sell Stop's entry) are triggered when the Bid reaches it. Not the Ask.
  2. Your sell order's TP/SL (or Buy Stop's entry) will be triggered when the Ask reaches it. To trigger at a specific Bid price, add the average spread.
              MODE_SPREAD (Paul) - MQL4 and MetaTrader 4 - MQL4 programming forum - Page 3
  3. The charts show Bid prices only. Turn on the Ask line to see how big the spread is (Tools → Options {control-O} → charts → Show ask line.)

Perfect! Very thanks guy, now is all more clear ! Best wishes!

Reason: