Interesting and Humour - page 4746

Реter Konow:

Generally speaking, a controlled quadcopter is the pinnacle of free aviation - take-off and landing without a runway, the trajectory is not subject to the laws of aerodynamics. We had the propeller screws milled out, and it was enough to put them in a square frame with a cord between them and the motor in the centre, fix the battery (or fuel tank) and the radio control system, and launch it. There were no blueprints of course, but they could be created by experimentation and trial and error. There was a radio engineering circle nearby which could solder a suitable control board. Technically, we had everything we needed to build a quadcopter. There was even a photo club which could supply a miniature camera for installation. They would fly it up in the air and take beautiful pictures from above. ))))

I got into the electronics club as well. On the first day, I was told by the leader that I had to have my own radio components. The second time I didn't come.

All in all, there is no nostalgia. If only for my youth, my carefree days, my friends.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

I got into the electronics class as well. On the first day, I was told by the leader that I had to have my own radio components. The second time I didn't come.

All in all, there is no nostalgia. If only for my youth, my carefree days, my friends.

And our teacher in the aviation club was in his 80s. Very old, strict, but a good man. To tell the truth, I was mad at him for not permitting me to build a motor-plane, forcing me to build a glider again and again. I assembled 5 gliders of various sizes but did not get to the motor one because of him. ))) Our tools were dangerous - especially the electric saws.

Then, when I was older, I took part in the photographic workshop. I earned money at a petrol station and bought a camera.) I took photos of everything, but had enough money for black-and-white film "Svema". I used to go to a club, develop them and then take them back. That's all the learning there...))))

Edgar Akhmadeev:

As long as I remember Soviet clubs, children did everything from ready-made patterns/drawings/ideas. They did not teach invention or imagination. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with children, it was just that the adult teacher was the boss, the god and the king. What he said, that's what he did.

Anyone could scold or even slap someone else's child if he was behaving inappropriately. Try touching someone else's child now, or admonishing them if they are sitting opposite you and kicking.

However, the availability of materials and tools was very unconventional, so you had to invent a lot to make a candy out of g*** with a single pickaxe.

Vladimir Tkach:
It's too high for a bus driver.

It's the look of a worker changing a light bulb from a sliding tower.

Edgar Akhmadeev:

As long as I remember Soviet clubs, children did everything from ready-made patterns/drawings/ideas. They did not teach invention or imagination. It wasn't that there was anything wrong with children, it was just that the adult teacher was the boss, the god and the king. What he said, that's what he did.

Anyone could scold or even slap someone else's child if he was behaving inappropriately. Try touching someone else's child now or admonishing them if they're sitting across from you and kicking them.

Well, don't. Everything we did in there was our idea. Everyone made their own blueprints, taking into account the recommendations for the centre of mass and weight of the glider of the aeroplane.

Some made racing gliders, some made gliders, some made aerobatic gliders, some made corded gliders, and everyone had his or her own idea. Without an idea, with one-size-fits-all designs, no one would have held a competition.

At least, that's how it was with us. I personally designed radio-controlled, corded and aerobatic aeroplanes.

Indeed, there was an aeroplane competition.

There is a story about this that will last a lifetime. On the day of the competition, the whole group had to go to the airfield to compete with other clubs there. As it should be, at 7am the bus left the station building, taking the kids with their models to the competition site. I overslept and arrived a few minutes late. Everyone left. Scolding myself, I couldn't give up and go home as I had been dreaming of this event for a long time. There were no mobile phones and there was no way of contacting my comrades. Not knowing which airport they had chosen (there were a few in the city), I had to drive by tram, bus or trolley-bus from one end to the other in a desperate bid to be in time for the contest. I took turns visiting one airfield after another (the city is big and sprawling with 1.5 million inhabitants)... I'd ask passers-by if they'd seen people with model aeroplanes, where the next airfield was and what transport was going there. Then I drove for an hour and a half and the same thing happened again... I even found myself at the hippodrome on the advice of a passer-by. I looked for them everywhere and couldn't find them... In the evening I was carried away in some distance, 2 hours away from home (at the age of 11). By some miracle, I managed to get on the bus and return to the town, although the fare was tolled. I was travelling without finding anybody, looked at the big green city, sights of local history, adults, frowning and kind people, was worried, anxious, in a hurry, but returned, tired, disappointed and hungry as a wolf... I didn't tell my parents anything.)

Then I asked the guys where they were, and it turned out that I had been there, but they had finished and returned much earlier. It was a long summer day...))))

Реter Konow:
Been watching various interviews with Ilon Musk and wondering what is the secret to his success? If he is a genius, it's certainly not in science. But, he is still not lacking in genius, but what is it? Having got acquainted with his biography I came to a conclusion, that during his way he took right decisions in choosing direction of efforts, means and time. He mastered science-fiction populism, captivated investors and the masses with his dream of an accessible cosmos, awakened secret hopes of millions, proposed concepts of futuristic, energetically and "morally" clean cars and even named companies so that they were associated with genius and mystery: Tesla - a scientist shrouded in a mystical halo, Spacex - a mysteriously beguiling Cosmos (x at the end a hint of exploration of the unknown), SolarCity - a solar city (a reference to utopia), and made a lot of other right marketing moves by combining teams of real scientists as well. He is a marketing man of God, who has felt the vibrancy of his time and used the power of their currents and his abilities to climb the media and financial Olympus. Well done, of course... :)

About the right decisions are all right. About the marketing genius, probably right too - here's an example https://youtu.be/q_WQ-Ds8ZvE?t=109, but that's not the secret. Tesla doesn't have a marketing budget, you don't see electric car ads on TV, it's not hypnotizing with constant repetition "waistcoat, no better for a man" but systematic work to improve their product quality. Their cars are better than ICE mobiles (ice mobiles or Internal Combustion Engine). If there is a head-on collisionat speed of 70 km/h - the driver leaves the car on his/her own, as there is no safer model in the world. That's why mums like them. It is not necessary to go to service, in fact there is nothing to change there, in comparison with an Ice Mobile. That's why dads like them and old car makers, who earn on service, do not like them at all. Charging is cheaper than refuelling. Cars are sold through the website, no dealers, which Tesla doesn't like in turn. At coronavirus you can even buy a car without having to personally communicate with the person handing it to you https://www.tesla.com/support/delivery-options#tesla-direct-drop ) . The ability to charge at modern Tesla stations is about 200km in 20 minutes. The coverage grid of Tesla stations is a map of the civilized world https://electrek.co/2020/01/01/tesla-updates-2020-supercharger-map/. The production car accelerates from zero to 100 km/h in 3.2 seconds. That's why Tesla is loved by guys who are loved by girls for pushing hard on the gas ) pressing them into their seats )). https://www. youtube.com/watch?v=Wd5TO-WpzqM

The chip on board the Tesla is its own, or rather there are 2 for redundancy. The chip is better than what NVidia makes, the vertical integration at the company is well thought out. The neural network is trained with real videos from almost a million cars already sold in 8 years. Firmware updates come overthe air regularly, just like on a phone. With the latest versions, the car recognises motorcyclists, cars, trucks, road markings, all signs, temporary fences, even traffic lights and stops at red lights. Musk himself says his Model S on alpha firmware drives him from home to work practically by itself. Promises to launch this in beta by the end of the year (well he's lying here of course ))).

Towards vertical integration. Listened to the Q2 audio report five days agohttps://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TEAQjgJoDns. The company is about to launch their dynamic insurance programme. The safer you drive, the less you pay for insurance. They're promising to almost display a per-minute rate based on your current driving style.

Whatever else is out there. Ah, China has built a huge complex in a year for production of several models, this year they started building a Tesla plant in Germany, a week ago they started building another one in Texas.

That's why Tesla is the most expensive car company in the world, not among electric car companies but among all of them. And the vast majority of the population believes sacredly that they are being tricked or conned. For such groups the signal to change their minds is an article on rbc.ru or mail.ru. It is not healthy for them to think for themselves.

But there is no deception or magic here, just people working day and night for one single purpose -to accelerate the world's transition to sustainable energy.

https://www.google.com/search?safe=strict&rlz=1C1GCEU_enRU857RU857&sxsrf=ALeKk008VQwhh7FLumONu6tJ4lK77XQ7GA%3A1596062088302&ei=iPkhX4KIEoWNrwT6iJ4o&q=tesla+aims+and+objectives&oq=tesla+aims+&gs_lcp=CgZwc3ktYWIQAxgAMgUIAIABDLATIFCAAQywEyBggAEBYQHjIGAQFhAeMgYIABAWEB4yBggAEBYQHjoGCCMQJxATOgQIIxAnOgQIABBDOgIIADoHCAAQFBCHAjoFCC4QywE6BAgAEA06CAgAEA0QBRAeggIAIEA0QHlChg0hYvY81IKjUSGgCcAB4AIABYIgBoQiSAQIxNZgBAKABAaoBB2d3cy13aXrAAQE&sclient=psy-ab

ps. spacex is fully called Space Exploration Technologies Corp and x is pronounced ex, which is just shorter ))

Tesla updates 2020 Supercharger map with new locations - Electrek
Tesla updates 2020 Supercharger map with new locations - Electrek
  • Fred Lambert @FredericLambert Fred is the Editor in Chief and Main Writer at Electrek. You can send tips on Twitter (DMs open) or via email: fred@9to5mac.com Through Zalkon.com, you can check out Fred’s portfolio and get monthly green stock...
  • electrek.co
Tesla has updated its Supercharger map for 2020 with a bunch of new locations and routes to be covered by the fast-charging network. Over the last few years, Tesla has made several grand promises about expanding the Supercharger network, but it has been falling short. The delay appeared to be at least partly related to the deployment of the new...

Edgar Akhmadeev:

Anyone could scold or even slap someone else's child if he was behaving inappropriately. Try touching someone else's child or admonishing them if they're sitting opposite you and kicking.

I used to go to a club called aeromodelling. It was run by a former aviator. Everything was made out of ready-made materials. It was just a do-it-yourself kit. It was necessary only to saw out of wooden workpieces details, to fit these details, to install the motor, to pour fuel (mix of paraffin and castor oil) and it was possible to start. The plane could only fly in a circle as there was no radio control at all. The altitude was controlled by two long wires which were attached to the ailerons of the plane. I pulled it up, pulled it away from me and it flew down. If you overdo it, the plane goes into a steep dive and is overhauled. :) All in all, it was fun, but nothing new was invented.

Реter Konow:

Generally speaking, a controlled quadcopter is the pinnacle of free aviation - take-off and landing without a runway, the trajectory is not subject to the laws of aerodynamics. We had the propeller screws milled out, and it was enough to put them in a square frame with a cord between them and the motor in the centre, fix the battery (or fuel tank) and the radio control system, and launch it. There were no blueprints of course, but they could be created by experimentation and trial and error. There was a radio engineering circle nearby which could solder a suitable control board. Technically, we had everything we needed to build a quadcopter. There was even a photo club which could supply a miniature camera for installation. They would fly it up in the air and take beautiful pictures from above. ))))

Peter, I do not know your age, but in the days when there were pioneer homes and clubs at them, not to be confused with nursing homes, even the batteries weigh so much that it was not easy to lift them on the quadcopter. Plus the weight of the board and the radio components, at least not the lamps. And what were the cameras like? How do you imagine pushing a button to take a picture?)

Alexey Viktorov:

Peter, I don't know your age, but in the days when there were pioneer homes and clubs, not to be confused with nursing homes, even batteries weighed so much that it was not easy to lift them on a quadcopter. Plus the weight of the board and the radio components, at least not the lamps. And what were the cameras like? How do you imagine pushing the button to take a picture?)

39. I went to the station in the early 90s. The tech was quite good by then. )))) The country was falling apart, but there were still mugs.

Moot about the battery and electric motor, but maybe you're right, but an internal combustion engine would have been enough power for sure. There must have been a lightweight camera somewhere too. The button pushing could have been done by a relay solenoid with a retractable sleeve. A radio control board for a new type of aircraft with a remote control could have been soldered by talented teenagers in the radio amateur circle))).
Reason: