MetaTrader 4 Build 529 beta released with new compiler - page 116

Bild 558, errors with graphics are the same as those voiced before on the last three builds... probably this is an unsolvable problem and we have to give up using graphics in MT4 and create our own graphical interface:)

Work is being done on a broad front and not all bugs are fixed immediately. Just wait for a couple of builds.

Renat:
The work is being done on a wide front and not all errors are corrected at once. Just wait for a couple of builds.

)))) that's good, but it seems that they wrote that the errors were found, so I thought that with this build everything will be corrected... The work stands because of this, so most likely I will have to display the indication through a dll in a separate window.

By the way, I haven't got an answer to my question above https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/147679/page115#878853. If simple structures can be passed by reference as parameters to functions imported from dll, then is it possible to pass the array of MqlRates[] structures by reference as well?

RekkeR:

The mt5 platform is clearly more advanced, perhaps even more so than what is required of it, but the factors of different trading conditions negate this advantage.

In my post questions and no guidance or suggestions as to how or what to do. The area highlighted above in delusion, characterises the stage at which things are now in this process. Add to mt5 the possibility for the user to choose a trading scheme available or added "classic", probably a less costly way in all respects than the one for which this forum branch exists.

To see a fence from all sides, fencing in a circle from the world, does not mean that all sides of the fence are visible.

))

Maybe you and I should think so, it's less expensive - but for some reason the developers didn't go that way...

It means (most likely) they know something that you and I don't know. I meant the fence figuratively.

We are the outside world - which is trying to tell the developers how to do things better - we are knocking on the fence instead of fixing the MT5 code in the direction of MT4.

You make mt4 to mt5, but they don't even answer us :-)))

- You and I have not written the codes of the terminal or the server in the brokerage company - we have not gone over the fence to the developers

Developers can come out of the fence, stand to have a smoke, listen and even communicate with us here, but we are on the other side of the fence will not get!

(We won't see the source code, we won't know the concepts and technologies).

That's why we're in a less informed state here.

No we're not... they just know a little better how and what to do because it's their job not ours

An error in the new help:

Web colour set

A colour can be set for objects using the ObjectSetInteger() function and for custom indicators using the PlotIndexSetInteger() function. The same ObjectGetInteger() and PlotIndexGetInteger() functions are used for getting the colour value.

The reference in ObjectSetInteger() leads to ObjectGetInteger

I have an EA that is not finished yet. I'm writing it to order. I'm writing it in beta, considering that it works in 509th as well. Until the 557th build the EA worked in the tester (if we don't count graphical objects for decoration). Today I updated the Expert Advisor to build 558 in the new terminal for testing in visual mode. Not a single trade. I looked into it - it does not open in start(). In general. First thing I wrote in the start is Print("Hi !!!"); I have no such an entry in the journal. It gets into init() - messages come out of it. In the 509th everything works.

How to be? I have no right to pass the Expert Advisor - it is made to order. And we'd like to find the reason why it's not working in the 558-th build.

Barbarian:

)))) that's good, but it seems that they wrote that the errors were found, so I thought that with this build everything will be corrected... The work stands because of this, so most likely I will have to display the indication through a dll in a separate window.

By the way, the question above https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/147679/page115#878853 has not been answered , if simple structures can be passed by reference as parameters to functions imported from dll, the array of MqlRates[] structures can also be passed by reference?

Yes, of course you can.

artmedia70:

I have an EA that is not finished yet. I'm writing it to order. I'm writing it in beta, considering that it works in 509th as well. Until the 557th build the EA worked in the tester (if we don't count graphical objects for decoration). Today I updated the Expert Advisor to build 558 in the new terminal for testing in visual mode. Not a single trade. I looked into it - it does not open in start(). In general. First thing I wrote in the start is Print("Hi !!!"); I have no such an entry in the journal. It gets into init() - messages come out of it. In the 509th everything works.

How to be? I have no right to pass the Expert Advisor - it is made to order. And we'd like to find the reason why it's not working in the 558-th build.

I downloaded the update. The Expert Advisor compiled, but it stopped trading and testing. What a mess!

Barbarian:

Dear developers, I understood that the ArrayCopyRates() function performs a virtual copying to MqlRates[] according to this help:

• ArrayCopyRates() also changed its behavior. Before it virtually copied to array double[][6], but now it virtually copied to array MqlRates[]. Copying to array double[][6] remains for compatibility purposes, but this copying is real, not virtual.
https://www.mql5.com/ru/forum/148325

Can I pass array of MqlRates[] structures as a parameter to imported function from dll?

Yes

Barbarian:
Bild 558, the errors with graphics are the same as those voiced earlier in the last three builds... probably this is an unsolvable problem and we should refuse to use graphics in MT4 and create our own GUI :)

The problem is solvable. We want the graphics in four to be identical to the graphics in five. So that we can take F-five's code and apply it to F-four without any changes.

Let's have your example, which is not working as it should.

Let's have a chat in the service desk. You point your finger and say "this is the way it should work in this place, not the other way". We argue against it. Or we accept and make corrections.

Reason: