Profit Generator EA - page 28

holyguy7:
After studying my statements over the past week, I have concluded that the following currency pairs, timeframes and settings are profitable this past week so far.

EURJPY (M15)

Stoploss: 30

Take Profit: 60

Longbar: 20

AUDJPY (M15)

Take Profit: 40

GBPUSD (M15)

Take Profit: 50

USDCAD (M15)

GBPJPY (M15)

Thank you.

Hi Holyguy

This week I will run This EA with NF demo account with 0.1 lot and :

EURJPY - GBPJPY - USDJPY (M15)(M30)&(H1)

GBPUSD - EURUSD (M15)(M30)&(H1)

All 15 chart ...

Best regards

Promo01

Hendrick:
Hi all,

Suppose I want to use this EA with a micro-account (no mini-account) of lets say $ 500. Do I have to change Lots from 1 to 0.01 or do I have to change the Risk option? And if so, what value do I have to use for Risk?

(Thanks HolyGuy for all your hard work with this ProfitMaker!)

Hi Hendrick

I thing you just change lots from 1 to 0.01. 10% risk account will automatic count your micro-account

Best Regards

Promo01

holyguy7:
After studying my statements over the past week, I have concluded that the following currency pairs, timeframes and settings are profitable this past week so far.

EURJPY (M15)

AUDJPY (M15)

GBPUSD (M15)

USDCAD (M15)

GBPJPY (M15)

Thank you.

Hi holyguy7

Should the above be run instead of posts 251,252,256,257? In other words, is this the consolidated list for next week??

holyguy7:
Step by Step, How to get better Backtesting Results

1. Go download the MT4 Data for the currency pair you want to backtest found HERE. Make sure you download the M1 data. It should give you data for every minute all the way back into 2004 (about 1.5 years of backdata).

2. After you unzip the data on your Hard Drive, you need to import the data into Metatrader 4.

3. Open up M1 Chartof the currency pair you want to import the data from.

4. You need to go to your History Center in Metatrader 4. Hit F2 on your keyboard. Or Click on the top of Metatrader: Tools and choose History Center

5. Open Forex, Open Currency Pair to import and Open M1

6. Click Import and Browse to the location where you unzipped the Data for the currency pair.

7. Make sure File Type is on Metaquotes files. Click Open and OK. Then Close.

8. Now, in the Navigator window on the left side of your Metatrader 4 program, open up Scripts. It should be right below Custom Indicators.

9. You should still have the M1 Chart open on the currency pair. You need to Double click on Period Converter script.

10. Click Input tab and you should see the Value as 3. You need to change the value to 5 (M5), 15 (M15), 30 (M30), 60 (H1), 240 (H4), 1440 (D1).

Basically, you are converting the M1 data that you imported into the different timeframes that you want to test. You can do one at a time to do all of them.

I usually start and choose 5 then click OK. Then I double click again on the Period Converter and change the value to 15 then click OK, then I click again and change the value to 30 then click OK, until I have completed the timeframes.

I have done this with all currency pairs that I can download on all timeframes. It is good to have this as it gives you an idea if something is going to work or not.

I hope this helps.

One other step to add...

(8.5) Open the chart offline by going to File>Openoffline> SELECT and open the Pair on M1 TF. Once you have opened the M1 data that you have imported into MT in offline mode then proceed to (9).

Hendrick:
Hi all,

Suppose I want to use this EA with a micro-account (no mini-account) of lets say $ 500. Do I have to change Lots from 1 to 0.01 or do I have to change the Risk option? And if so, what value do I have to use for Risk?

(Thanks HolyGuy for all your hard work with this ProfitMaker!)

I am afraid there is not micro-lot feature on this EA. Perhaps that is another feature that can be added into this EA. Until then, I believe you will only be able to trade mini-lots. Sorry about that.

marlintrdg:
Hi holyguy7 Should the above be run instead of posts 251,252,256,257? In other words, is this the consolidated list for next week??

I have backtesting results that we need to test for next week and we have forward testing results that we need to continue to test. We need to test both for the following week. Here is a complied list of test settings for this EA.

As you can see, the M15 with longbar of 20 appears to have some success. Perhaps we need to examine why this is and perhaps improve on the results.

Forward Test Successes to be continued to be tested

EURJPY (M15)

AUDJPY (M15)

GBPUSD (M15)

USDCAD (M15)

GBPJPY (M15)

BackTesting Successes that need to be tested

EURUSD (H4) by holyguy7

Stoploss: 28

Take Profit: 13

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by taxiran

Take Profit: 10

Longbar: 15

Period: 60

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by amckeen

Stoploss: 10

Take Profit: 10

Longbar: 10

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

EURUSD (M5, M15, M30) by amckeen

Stoploss: 10

Longbar: 10

No timefilter

Useclose: True

Trailing Stop: 5

Trailing Stop Activation: 17

GBPUSD (H1)

Stoploss: 23

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 18

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDCHF (H4)

Stoploss: 25

Take Profit: 12

Longbar: 16

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

USDJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 140

Longbar: 18

Timefilter ON 7-20

No Trailing Stop

EURJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 70

Take Profit: 150

Longbar: 22

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

GBPJPY (H4)

Stoploss: 60

Take Profit: 110

Longbar: 28

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

CHFJPY (D1)

Stoploss: 50

Take Profit: 100

Longbar: 15

No timefilter

No Trailing Stop

if anyone has been forward testing a pair for about a week, what you should do is run another backtest, and compare the backtest results of the last week with your own forward testing results. If they are right on the mark, then there's more evidence that the backtests are reliable.

warpio:
if anyone has been forward testing a pair for about a week, what you should do is run another backtest, and compare the backtest results of the last week with your own forward testing results. If they are right on the mark, then there's more evidence that the backtests are reliable.

That has kind of been done. I backtested a week ago and people began forward testing settings and were getting similar forward testing results. That is why I started the campaign to begin backtesting because it appears to work well with this EA.

I also had some backtest of 90% modeling and then I tried a backtest that only got 23% modeling and the results were slightly different but very close.

I was really excited last night when I was studying the trades (forward tested) for last week. This EA, because it only watches price movements, will find trends and will capitalize on them. Very good to see. Let's see what we turn up this week and then get REALLY excited if the backtests are even half as good as they look.

This EA has the potential of being a great scalping system that trades numberous times a day. I like scalping systems because they tend to make a profit during trending and ranging times. The profits are more consistent then just a EMA type of EA. Most EAs will do GREAT during the trending period, but when there are ranging times, they will give back much of their profits. I like one that is going to just get those base hits (rather than the home runs). Yes, it is more glamourous to think that your EA just made you 200 pips in a day (on a big news day) but then would give back 150 pips of that during the ranging periods.

Could you please post again the exact version of the expert that we are all going to test. It is important that everybody works on the same expert.

Thank you

EMeric

holyguy7:
I am afraid there is not micro-lot feature on this EA. Perhaps that is another feature that can be added into this EA. Until then, I believe you will only be able to trade mini-lots. Sorry about that.

Hi HolyGuy,

First of all I have to say, I really appreciate all your hard work in developing this fine EA. I've seen a lot of EA's, but I think this one could be a winner! For myself I think it's time to go live with this EA. But as you understand I have to be careful with my money! I can afford to blow up an account of $ 500, but $ 5.000 is a different story (my wife will kill me!!).

So starting with a micro-account is the best solution I think. I remember CodersGuru once adapted one of his EA's for a micro-account (enclosed). Do you think it's possible to change ProfitGenerator with this code?

Files:
Reason: