Where Do I start from? - page 8

About Webterminal -

Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies

WebTerminal not working!!???

MetaQuotes, 2021.11.11 12:23

Ask you broker please to update web terminal in their side and provide the link to you.

Now each broker have to have it own web terminal.

Use MQL5.community channels and group chats - the article

The MQL5.com site features more than one thousand algo-trading articles, tens of thousands of free source codes and trader services where users can purchase trading applications or copy signals. In addition to implementing innovative trading functions in our platform and maintaining an ultimate infrastructure around it, we strive to provide the best user experience for our community members. Therefore, in addition to the convenient forum in 11 languages we have created the MetaTrader chat integrated with terminals. Use chats for private messages, create group chats or broadcast trading ideas to large audiences through channels.
Use MQL5.community channels and group chats
Use MQL5.community channels and group chats
  • www.mql5.com
The MQL5.com website brings together traders from all over the world. Users publish articles, share free codes, sell products in the Market, perform Freelance orders and copy trading signals. You can communicate with them on the Forum, in trader chats and in MetaTrader channels.

Demo accounts are provided by the brokers for limited time in most of cases.
You can open an other demo account with same broker, or you can select any other broker for demo accounts.

How do I add a stock symbol to MT5?

Sergey Golubev, 2020.10.12 18:47

It is not a problem.
For example, I opened the second demo account for one broker right now - and I have two demo accounts for this broker, and those 2 accounts are valid and active:

The problem may be the following:
some brokers (many or most of them) are having some limitations concerning their demo accounts.

For example, demo account exists in case there is/are open trade(s), and if no open trades so the broker may delete this demo account because of inactivity.
It may be some other limitations (demo account for 1 week only, and so on).

I remember few threads on the forum where the users were asking about the brokers which are proposing unlimited demo accounts.

----------------

It means the following:
If you/we are planning to use demo accounts to publish our trades (on the way of the Signals or any) - it is not good choice (because the broker may have limitation, account may be deleted because of 1 week trading inactivity, and so on).

But demo accounts are very good for personal use (for practics, testing, demo trading for example).

Where are you from ?

Sergey Golubev, 2021.05.21 11:55

Find Metatrader broker (there are a lot of Metatrader brokers, use google to find), and open the account according to their condition on their websites.
Try with demo first.

1. The article - MQL5.community - User Memo 

2. MetaTrader 5 Help - Open an Account

3. Where Do I start from?
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/212020 

4. MetaTrader 5 Help - Trading Platform — User Manual 

5. How to make a search on the forum
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/193510 

6. Find a Server by the Broker's Name: 
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/214820

7. My list of brokers: https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/353226/page3

How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning

Sergey Golubev, 2022.01.21 15:40

Learn Why and How to Design Your Algorithmic Trading System 

The main objective of this article is to guide beginners to learn how to design their algorithmic trading system in MQL5 through learning some of the basics of MQL5 for a simple trading system idea which will be coded step by step through this article after explaining some of the MQL5 basics. We'll code them by scripts then we'll present the result after code execution. To enhance your understanding, I advise you to apply and code what you’ll read here by yourself as this will help you to understand concepts of mentioned codes deeply. And be noted that all created codes, programs, and trading strategies in this article are designed for educational purposes only, not for anything else. And be noted that we'll use MQL5 to write codes.

What is Algo Trading - small educational thread
What is Algo Trading
What is Algo Trading
  • www.mql5.com
as per my search through Wikipedia, i get this answer : Algorithmic trading is a method of executing orders using automated pre-programmed trading...

I can't see my MQL5 Market purchased product(s) in my MT4/5 terminal

Eleni Anna Branou, 2022.03.23 19:42

If you can't see your purchase when you click the Purchased option, check the below mentioned issues:

Make sure that:

• that you have Internet Explorer or Microsoft Edge latest version installed on your computer or VPS
  • that you are using the latest build of MetaTrader 4/5
  • that you are logged into your MQL5 account in MT4/5 >> Tools >> Options >> Community tab, using your login - NOT your email
  • that your MQL5 account password is less than 10 characters (if your password is 10 or more characters - change MQL5 account password here)

In case you still don't see the product on the list of your purchases in the terminal, try the following:

1. Close ALL your MetaTrader terminals
  2. Go to C:\Users\{user name}\AppData\Roaming\MetaQuotes\Terminal\Community
  3. Delete all files starting from mql4.market.* and mql5.market.*
  4. Open the MetaTrader terminal
  5. Try to install your product again

How to download free Indicator and instal it on Metatrader:
https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/261958 
How to Download free Indicator from the MT4 website list of indicators?? and How to instal it on Metrader MT4 platform?
How to Download free Indicator from the MT4 website list of indicators?? and How to instal it on Metrader MT4 platform?
  • www.mql5.com
How to Download free Indicator from the MT4 website list of indicators?? and How to instal it on Metrader MT4 platform? Please help, thank you...

Hi all,

I need help with Demo trading on MT4, it does not give an option of placing an order.  How do a place an order on a Demo account?

Atupele_20 #:

Hi all,

I need help with Demo trading on MT4, it does not give an option of placing an order.  How do a place an order on a Demo account?

If you connect to your demo account and can not place an order so check about the following:

• did you really connect your Metatrader with your demo account?
  • any trading accounts are related to the brokers, and many brokers are providing the demo accounts for limited time only so check the following: was your demo account expired or not? If it is expired so open the other demo account with same or any other broker.
  • any symbol is related to the brokers only so check specification of the symbols: do your broker propose this symbol for traders to trade or not, if not - open one or several demo accounts with the other brokers.

read the instruction for more about what to do -
MetaTrader 4 Help - Client Terminal – User Guide 

MetaTrader 4 Help
MetaTrader 4 Help
  • www.metatrader4.com
Client Terminal is a part of the online trading system. It is installed on the trader's computer and intended for: receiving quotes and news in...

Sergey Golubev #:

About Webterminal -

Can you send webterminal again
Reason: