Expert Advisor Programming for Metatrader 5: Creating Automated Trading Systems in the Mql5 Language (Paperback)
The first guide to programming in MQL5 is here! "Expert Advisor Programming for MetaTrader 5" is a practical guide to creating automated trading strategies in the MQL5 language. Take advantage of MetaTrader 5's new features and take your trading to the next level! You'll learn how to program expert advisors quickly and easily using a ready-made framework created by an experienced MQL programmer. This book will teach you the following concepts: Learn the basics of MQL5, including variables and data types, operators, functions, event handlers, and object-oriented programming. Place, modify and close market and pending orders. Calculate, verify and add stop loss and take profit prices to an open position. Add a flexible trailing stop and/or break even stop to your strategy. Manage your trade risk with money management. Use pending orders to scale in and out of positions. Use price, time and indicator data in your expert advisors. Control program execution by trading on new bar open, and add flexible trade timers to your strategies. Walk through the creation of several basic trading strategies from start to finish. Inform the user with dialog boxes, email alerts, mobile notifications and sounds. Draw trend lines, arrows and text labels on the chart. Read and write data to CSV files. Learn the basics of creating indicators, scripts and libraries in MetaEditor. Debug, test and optimize your trading strategy. And much more! Whether you're an experienced programmer moving from MQL4, or a novice just starting with MQL5, this book will give you the foundation to quickly program fully-featured and robust trading systems. All programs and source code files featured in the book are available for download at the book's official website at Expert Advisor Programming for MetaTrader - MQL4 and MQL5 book
MQL5 programming language: Advanced use of the trading platform MetaTrader 5: Creating trading robots and indicatorsby Timur Mashnin
Development of indicators and advisors using the MQL5 programming language for the MetaTrader 5.
How to host an automated trading robot on Metatrader (how to attach EA to the chart for trading)https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/238562#comment_7158340
Forum on trading, automated trading systems and testing trading strategies
automated trading robot
Eleni Anna Branou, 2018.04.19 11:43
1. Open your MT4 platform.
2. Open the chart of the instrument that you want to trade with (currency, stock, commodity or index).
3. Copy the .ex4 file of your expert advisor (I believe this is what you call automated trading robot) and paste it in the: File >> Open Data Folder >> MQL4 >> Experts folder of your MT4 platform.
4. Right click on the Refresh option of your Experts Advisors folder in the MT4 Navigator window.
5. Click on the Experts Advisors folder, find the expert you've just inserted and drag it on the chart that you want to use it with.
6. A window with the Expert Advisor's setting will be opened and there you can fill all the parameters of your "robot".
7. Don't forget to tick the: Allow live trading in the Common tab of your Expert's settings.
8. Close the settings window and if you want to begin trading with your Expert Advisor, click the: Auto Trading button of your MT4 platform.
9. If you see a happy smiling face in the upper right corner of your chart, then you are OK.
10. If you want to avoid internet and power outages, it is strongly recommended to use a VPS service for your automated trading.
Automatic Translation of MQL5.com Forum Messages from Any Language
MetaQuotes Software Corp., 2013.08.09 15:22
now features automatic translation of any messages. You can translate
any forum message, regardless of its source language, into one of 12
languages: Arabic, Indonesian, Thai, Spanish, Italian, Vietnamese,
German, Korean, Chinese, French, Portuguese and Japanese. Thus, you can
translate forum messages from any language.
Write in your mother tongue and communicate with MQL5.com
participants in the way you like. Now, everyone will be able to
understand you! Translate any Forum discussions in two clicks and read
them in your native language. So, you will also be able to understand
The editor of forum messages has also obtained some new features.
After you have prepared your message in any language, you can translate
it into one of the three interface languages (English, Russian or
Chinese) right in the editor. To do that, click Translate button on the editor's panel.
There are no linguistic barriers on MQL5.com forum any more. Now, you
are able to find common language with all community members!
Just to remind (because the people are continuing asking) -
How to Start with MT5, a summary !
Sergey Golubev, 2017.03.12 08:23
MQL5.COMMUNITY PAYMENT SYSTEM
Internal payment system was initially created in MQL5.community for payment of fees to authors of Articles. But the community's life does not stay still, and plenty of services, useful for traders and implying commodity-money relations between two parties, has emerged on the web-site since the launch of the payment system:
How to start with MetaTrader and forex, the beginning
Sergey Golubev, 2012.11.25 13:37
What is pre-set or set file
What is pre-set or set file.
Set files (or pre-set files) are the settings of the EAs.
- To use in trading : during attaching EA to the chart - place set file (pre-set file) to the following folder: [...MQL4\presets] for MT4 or [...MQL5\presets] for MT5, and press 'Load'.
We can also create those files pressing 'Save':
- To use in backtesting or optimizing the settings place the file to the following folder: [...MetaQuotes\Terminal\...\tester] for MT4 or [...MQL5\profiles\tester] for MT5 - and, during attaching EA to the chart - press 'Load'.
Set files are just a settings of the EA. Nothing more. Just a settings. It saves our time because we do not need to type/change the settings in the EA manually. All we need is just to use set files.
If someone is asking you:
"what is the settings in your EA?"
so you will probable will post the set file as a reply (you will create the file with your settings and will attach to your post to the forum).
"what is the settings in your indicators on the chart?"
so you will probable will give template file as a reply.
Projects and MQL5 Storage - practical explanation about how to use them (and why) - read this page:
Sergey Golubev, 2018.07.26 12:05
Things to Consider When Choosing a Broker (based on the article)
Some more about brokers and more (for newbies) -
How to Choose an Islamic Forex Broker
VIDEO LESSON - An Introduction to ECN
How Money is Made by Trading Forex
Stock Market Tutorial - The Only Video You'll Ever Need
Forex vs Futures vs CFDs - What to Trade?