PacMan (my first hybrid)

I finally decided to implement my ideas instead of relying on others to do it.

PacMan is a Goblin Bipoler hybrid.(special thanks to Bluto)

There is enough changes in here to warrant a name change. Plus I didn't want to add to all the other "mod" versions. On that note, if your gonna change things(other than settings) in Pacman please rename it.

I have changed the signal from JMA to CCI. And added a volume filter for all entrys. CCI is great for a entry trigger, and a flat market filter, and keeping you in direction of the markets momentum. The volume filter will only allow trading when market volume is sufficient. I have the RSX signal set high when not using conservative setting, because its signal is based on slope, turn up or turn down. If Using conservative setting set RSX peroid anywhere from 12-17 for the conventional 30/70 rules.

I have added what I call "superPacMan" lot sizing. You can adjust your lot progression from as low as 168%(using fibo sizing) 200%(normal) 225%/250%(using SuperPacMan lot sizing).

This is for several reasons. As you get close to max trades open (in my case 5) each new order covers the previous orders less and less. By increasing the progression % my 4-5th trades can now make profits.

I have included lots of details inside the EA at the top. You must read the notes inside the EA before starting your testing, so you understand what my methodology is.

It can still be used as the regular bipoler was, with the benefit of the new signals and filters.

There is more to be added, like making the equity target read the L_Profit and S_Profit of the pair its on, instead of the whole account.

I keep getting L_profit and S_Profit not defined. So I must have not defined it correctly for what I need it for. Or something like that. So let me keep up the PacMan versions, and if you make changes rename it please.

Remember this is my first attempt at coding so don't laugh

Dave

Edit: Added ability to change indicaters peroid in the settings window. And a low risk easy going back test.

Edit : Fixed CCI signal

edit: added volumeMA inplace of JMA option to solve zero divide error. Some signal changes noted.

edit: Equity target fixed to close on single pairs profit. Now it is able to run on multiple pairs, using equity target.

edit: Added MrsPacMan version

edit: Updated MrsPacMan and added MrsPacManUsdChf defaults preset

edit: fixed bug in equity close function

edit: Added 5 years mrspacman

edit: added PacManJr_gpb$ & i_trend

Thanks for posting. I tried to backtest it but it seems to be missing

"Volume JMA Option.ex4" :-(

rainx:
Thanks for posting. I tried to backtest it but it seems to be missing "Volume JMA Option.ex4" :-(

OOps sry. It was there just named wrong. I made the correction in the zip.

Thank you. Now i managed to backtest your System. (See the attached Image). The equity-curve reminds me on my experiments with the Firebird-EA.. it looks to good to be true at the first place but if the system really loses then the profits of the last few month are gone... its because of the pyramiding I'd say :/

Files:
result.jpg  35 kb

Dave,

I really appreciate your effort to code/develop your own EA. After some trial & errors you will get used to coding. I wish I had time to learn MQL 4.

Keep up the good work!

Hello i have the zero divide error

Hi Dave,

i have this error : Volume JMA Option EURUSD, 1H : zero divide

When i change currency paire, i have same error.

Hi man I love you ski jump equity curve. This thing look pretty bad. Maybe stick to Goblin name and call it Goblin Schizo cause it all over the place. Anyway you hardly change anything of original BiPolar so a new name not worthy. Ripping off bluto again. Bad bad bad.

Not using CCI ?

Something is wrong with your signal generator function:

if (MathAbs(cci1 - cci1) / Point > 2.0)

if (MathAbs(jmav - jmav) / Point > 2.0)

{

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 < -40) {SignalOrderType=1;}

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 > 40) {SignalOrderType=2;}

}

This code never generates a signal, because cci1-cci1 = 0.

So your signal in fact is only base on RSX and JMA_Volume?

Was that the intention?

alassio:
Something is wrong with your signal generator function:

{

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 < -40) {SignalOrderType=1;}

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 > 40) {SignalOrderType=2;}

}

This code never generates a signal, because cci1-cci1 = 0.

So your signal in fact is only base on RSX and JMA_Volume?

Was that the intention?

I just took out the other indicator and put CCI in its place. I have no idea what this line means.

'.....

No clue what the MathAbs is, or what the 2.0 is doing.

Maybe you missed the line where I said this is my first attempt at coding, and have never done it before.

If any one can tell me what mathabs is and what function is that line. I would appreciate it.

Actually by putting a template on the visual chart on back test I noticed the JVEL is the final signal that allows it to enter a trade. (thats why I added the other indicators period to the settings window, so that they can all be adjusted to allow for a different final entry signal)

But I do want the CCI to work.

And if some one can tell me how to define the profit of the long orders, and the profit of the short orders, so then I can make the equity target look at only the pair its on, that would be cool too.

Dave

Reason: