PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 24

EUR/GBP MrsPacman has made one trade this week, correct? and the weird thing is is I have lot size set for 0.1 but it traded at 0.01. Probably because I have MM true

matrixebiz:
EUR/GBP MrsPacman has made one trade this week, correct? and the weird thing is is I have lot size set for 0.1 but it traded at 0.01. Probably because I have MM true

sounds like your on IBFX?

Dave

Yes I am, why?

signals

Alassio, Daraknor and others,

Would it help if we used another signal in current direction for next level entry? It should look like that:

1. Initial signal long, going long 0,01 lots

2. Price went down for more than our defined pipstep

3. Instead of instant entry, we wait for another signal to enter long

4. Get long signal, entering long for second time, lots scaled accordingly to price movement, for example lots = 0,02 * price_move_from_lvl1 / pipstep.

Reasoning behind this is that if we have certain edge for our entry signal, this allows us to retain this edge all way long. The only problem I see is spikes and news again (btw, do we have any other problems besides those? ), when price would move far away between signals and it would be difficult to get out with profit.

mrv:
...Reasoning behind this is that if we have certain edge for our entry signal, this allows us to retain this edge all way long. The only problem I see is spikes and news again (btw, do we have any other problems besides those? ), when price would move far away between signals and it would be difficult to get out with profit.

Well, this idea needs testing. At least we need confirmation by actual price movement. Whether we need the signal too I don't know. Remember that martingale trades are constructed such that we also profit to some extent from random price movement. What should we do if we don't have a signal any more? If we don't try to take an actual retracement , our success probability is lowered drastically. Note that Goblin Bipolar has been built to allow long and short trades coexisting exactly to allow BOTH trades to succeed (my interpretation).

Follow the advice of Victor Niederhoffer: Only trust what you have tested.

After laying out ideas, we must implement and test.

...Reasoning behind this is that if we have certain edge for our entry signal, this allows us to retain this edge all way long. The only problem I see is spikes and news again (btw, do we have any other problems besides those? ), when price would move far away between signals and it would be difficult to get out with profit.

hi, i've coded your idea on goblin bipolr edition, but with bad result. in my opinion martingale must go on , we must filter good signal for long-serie or short-serie.

i think that one solution is coordinates/collaborate 2 serie, when long in lose short cover long and viceversa(see David's post yesterday).

but on this way the problem lots, risk increases with number-lot.

however i am conviced this hedge-strategy is ok

giapel

matrixebiz:
Yes I am, why?

the lot sizing for ibfx and ea's are weired. Some one here with ibfx care to explain?

thanks

Dave

p.s. I recomend FXDD.

mrv:
Alassio, Daraknor and others,

Would it help if we used another signal in current direction for next level entry? It should look like that:

1. Initial signal long, going long 0,01 lots

2. Price went down for more than our defined pipstep

3. Instead of instant entry, we wait for another signal to enter long

4. Get long signal, entering long for second time, lots scaled accordingly to price movement, for example lots = 0,02 * price_move_from_lvl1 / pipstep.

Reasoning behind this is that if we have certain edge for our entry signal, this allows us to retain this edge all way long. The only problem I see is spikes and news again (btw, do we have any other problems besides those? ), when price would move far away between signals and it would be difficult to get out with profit.

Alot of time the move that opens the next order, and the move that comes back and closes it out is in the same candle. Waiting for a signal that may or may not come wouldn't be good.

Dave

If any one has $CAD Long orders on mrspacman or pacman I recomend closing for the week end. $CAD isnt retracing like We want and can take long steady moves 150+ pips before retrace. I took a 60$ loss closing them out but its better than the alternative.

I recomend $CAD use caution.

Dave

Statment

I think is a secure EA.

Best Regards.

Reason: