PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 36

matrixebiz:
For some reason my PacManJr GBP$ says no trade day. so I put all the NotradeDay 1-4 to 0 but still says that ??

Mine says trade day o-k on fxdd. Try playing with the GMT setting untill it gives you OK then you've narrowed down the hour. 0 is sunday. 1-5 is mon - fri.

set all to "6" and see if you get the ok.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Mine says trade day o-k on fxdd. Try playing with the GMT setting untill it gives you OK then you've narrowed down the hour. 0 is sunday. 1-5 is mon - fri.

set all to "6" and see if you get the ok.

Dave

Since I can't change the GMT setting with ex4, I set to all 6 and is fine now. What is the GMT setting in the ex4? Can you make it changeable for us that test different brokers?

Thanks

matrixebiz:
Since I can't change the GMT setting with ex4, I set to all 6 and is fine now. What is the GMT setting in the ex4? Can you make it changeable for us that test different brokers? Thanks

Yea I'll do that. But its set to 0 by default.

xxDavidxSxx:
You are exactly right. The hedge needs to be seperate from long and short pseudo thread.

Here is the exit I imagine. once the hedge # is reached, it hedges the open positions, with the same amount of lots as the open positions(already in pacmanJr) With seperate t/p, s/l and trail settings. The hedge does not need to pyrimid. And the hedge cannot get hedged.

Once it is set up like this some test exits can be set in place.

The hedge can be logically separated from the original trade, which has some advantages like independent exits, potential parallel hedge trades or other options. However, concerning the total result and probabilities they still remain strongly linked, since part (or most) of the problems are then moved to the hedge.

So, modelling should still treat them as one package, and this package must simply be better than using an ordinary stop. Never forget that opening a hedge order is identical to closing the original order (with a loss) and maybe opening a new order with the remaining lot size.

Even with hedge orders, there is never a free lunch. It is simply another way to rebalance the profit/loss and probability profile.

moneymaxs:

whats your pip step? and other settings?

xxDavidxSxx:
whats your pip step? and other settings?

where i know pip step?

setting

SystemWideParms=** MrsPacMan Systemwide Parameters **

PacManSuperCell=0

SuperCellnumber=increase progression to 300%

SuperCell=3.00000000

SuperPacManSettings=Full Time SuperMrsPacMan 210% or 225%

SuperPacMan2.25=0

SuperPacMan2.1=0

LotSize=0.10000000

UseFiboLotSizeProgression=0

UseMoneyMgmt=1

reverseOrder= true= close order when momentom reverses

ReverseOrder=0

hedge=1

HedgeNumber=3

EquityProtectionLevel=0.00000000

Nonmajic= set to 1 to close all account orders profit

nonmajic=set to 0 to close on single pair profit

testExit=set to 1 to close all open orders on account ea or not

NonMagic=0

TestExit=0

LongShort= Set LScombined=true to exit on long+short profit, false = individual

LScombined=0

TargetEquityToCloseAndReset=0.15000000

RiskPercent=3.00000000

JMA_Volume=100

CCI_PeroidFast=55

L_cciblock=250.00000000

S_cciblock=-250.00000000

MoveTPonTS=1

LongTradeParms=** MsPacMan Buy Side Parameters **

LongTakeProfit=30.00000000

LongInitialStop=0.00000000

LongTrailingStop=0.00000000

LongMaxTrades=5

LongPips=33

LongAccountProtection=0

LongOrderstoProtect=0

ShortTradeParms=** MsPacMan Sell Side Parameters **

ShortTakeProfit=30.00000000

ShortInitialStop=0.00000000

ShortTrailingStop=0.00000000

ShortMaxTrades=5

ShortPips=33

ShortAccountProtection=0

ShortOrderstoProtect=0

LongMagicNumber=0

ShortMagicNumber=0

moneymaxs:

Check your targetEquityToCloseAndReset setting and your trailing stop.

alassio:
The hedge can be logically separated from the original trade, which has some advantages like independent exits, potential parallel hedge trades or other options. However, concerning the total result and probabilities they still remain strongly linked, since part (or most) of the problems are then moved to the hedge.

So, modelling should still treat them as one package, and this package must simply be better than using an ordinary stop. Never forget that opening a hedge order is identical to closing the original order (with a loss) and maybe opening a new order with the remaining lot size.

Even with hedge orders, there is never a free lunch. It is simply another way to rebalance the profit/loss and probability profile.

I know. Hedging is really a way for rebalancing so you will not get stopped out too soon if your trade goes bad, but if manage your trades well during the hedge you can survive and keep on trading. You will not make any money, but you will stay in the game.

Wouldn't you rather have {TesterGraphHedge.gif} rather then {TesterGraphNoHedge.gif} ?

moneymaxs:
where i know pip step?

Your settings look ok. I see your using a mod version though? I recomend and support my posted versions on first page.

By now you should have had those trades closed by the bounce thats happening.

This is normal behavior for martingale system. I suggest you run the back tester visual and familiarize yourself with the way it trades. So you know what to expect.

If you running real money, don't, until you completely understand what the ea is doing.

but mrspacman I posted with defaults is the safest one as its the only one to make it through a 5 year backtest.

Thanks

Dave

Reason: