PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 33

nix:
...Maybe we should concentrate on the following simple building block:

2 equal trades (BUY and SELL) - pip distance between the two = 30 pips

What is the best exit strategy?

Sorry, I don't understand what you mean by this, could you please explain?

matrixebiz:
Sorry, I don't code I wish. You should be able to get Hedge code from another EA like Firebird 3.2 or others. Hope to see a tweaked PMjrGBP$ With some sort of safety net like I mentioned

I was gonna update the first page with pacmanjr_gbp (non beta) And any hedge addition that we can come up with will go in pacmanJ_Hedge version. Because once a hedge is implimented that covers all loss at break even, it can be placed on any pair you wish. Run 10 pairs at once if you want. Once a hedge kicks in used margine is freed up.

But all these sanarios are a little over my head sory to say. I can just wach the conversation and hope to learn something. I can however look into firebird and try to make sense of the hedge code.

The tweeked jr will just have the cci block inside set a little lower so it stops trading sooner to avoid stranded orders on top or bottom out with quick reversal. And also I added the option to block up to 4 no trade days in the week. Best success was with wed, thurs, fri blocked. But account growth was slowed 50%. So you can now decide what level of risk you want to trade in a different fashion. Looks like most reversals happen mid to late week.

Dave

1st Post Updated

xxDavidxSxx:

The tweeked jr will just have the cci block inside set a little lower so it stops trading sooner to avoid stranded orders on top or bottom out with quick reversal. And also I added the option to block up to 4 no trade days in the week. Best success was with wed, thurs, fri blocked. But account growth was slowed 50%. So you can now decide what level of risk you want to trade in a different fashion. Looks like most reversals happen mid to late week.

Dave

Updated first post with PacManJr_gbp$ with the above tweeks.

enjoy

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
I was gonna update the first page with pacmanjr_gbp (non beta) And any hedge addition that we can come up with will go in pacmanJ_Hedge version. Because once a hedge is implimented that covers all loss at break even, it can be placed on any pair you wish. Run 10 pairs at once if you want. Once a hedge kicks in used margine is freed up.

But all these sanarios are a little over my head sory to say. I can just wach the conversation and hope to learn something. I can however look into firebird and try to make sense of the hedge code.

Dave

Well then I hope someone here can give a hand and give us some Hedge code

What exactly were you guys looking for in terms of hedge code? That is, how should it perform a hedge? I have a DLM EA that I am customizing with hedging inside, but it is not the same as what you have here in the PacMan series.

Dave, what version of Firebird are you looking at for the hedging code?

Thanks David for your EA!

Here the result for my Floh EA - is "PacMan" with changing many thinks and added some nice Ideas from me!

He works with other Sell and Buy - Signals!

He works with other Managed controlling!

This is Vision FlohV2-5 from 1.05 - 18.05 (Demo)

The same is working on 2 "live" Accounts!

The thirst is started with 3200 on 9.5 - now today 4700! - 30min-4pairs!

The second is started with 2500 on 14.5 -now today 3600! - 15min-4pairs!

But the System works better with greater Accounts and 6 or more pairs!

Thanks David - for your work!

Vision FlohV3-1 under construction - works fantastic!

detailedstatement1-18.5.2007.htm

PacmanJr_GBP$ on GBPJPY

Is anyone running PacmanJr on GBPJPY? I backtested on FXDD from 1/1/7 to 5/18/7 and the results are amazing.

Mike

Statement

All right.

Best Regards.

ryanklefas:
What exactly were you guys looking for in terms of hedge code? That is, how should it perform a hedge? I have a DLM EA that I am customizing with hedging inside, but it is not the same as what you have here in the PacMan series. Dave, what version of Firebird are you looking at for the hedging code?

firebird 3.2

Not sure exactly what were looking for. There in lays the problem.

I'd like to set the # of open orders it places the hedge. Using double the lot size of the existing open orders. (wich I have implimented) But the hedge will end up hedging the hedge, thus 4x the lot size of original. It will keep doing this untill it over leverages the account, and a small move margin calls.

So I need to figure out how to safly end the hedge, and have it start fresh.

thanks for any input

Dave

diskus:
Thanks David for your EA!

Here the result for my Floh EA - is "PacMan" with changing many thinks and added some nice Ideas from me!

He works with other Sell and Buy - Signals!

He works with other Managed controlling!

This is Vision FlohV2-5 from 1.05 - 18.05 (Demo)

The same is working on 2 "live" Accounts!

The thirst is started with 3200 on 9.5 - now today 4700! - 30min-4pairs!

The second is started with 2500 on 14.5 -now today 3600! - 15min-4pairs!

But the System works better with greater Accounts and 6 or more pairs!

Thanks David - for your work!

Vision FlohV3-1 under construction - works fantastic!

detailedstatement1-18.5.2007.htm

Very nice.

Keep the $'s rolling in

Dave

Reason: