PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 14

daraknor:
Brokers don't use any banks to deliver you a price. Broker price is arbitrary, but if it is too arbitrary then your profits come from their pockets. IBFX doesn't use any bank for signal, and they should be sued for their lies. IBFX partners with FXSolutions, FXLQ and Velocity4X (V4X is a white label for FXLQ). Look it up on NFA's website.

The past few weeks I've been working on an EA that runs very well on the FXDD downloaded history (which is different but not by much from the chart history). Downloaded history seems to be ECN data, the upstream price provided to FXDD by Tradition Group. (IBFX uses FXLQ, FXDD uses Tradition Group.) The EA runs a profit usually on the chart data, but almost always with any sane setting I use on the ECN data. The ECN data is much different, I'm evaluating the work necessary to write the EA in Python (preferred) C# (examples) or C++ (native codebase) so it can run against ECN data.

Don't believe IBFX's lies. You can tell when IBFX is lying when they say the word "Bank".

Correct. Back when I was interviewing brokers, I was outraged to find out ibfx cleared through other retail brokers.

dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Correct. Back when I was interviewing brokers, I was outraged to find out ibfx cleared through other retail brokers. dave

Uhmm....if this is true then its really a horrible behavoir. Imho the best FX Broker on earth is Oanda... best spreads and most serious website. However they don't support Metatrader which doesnt make them attractive for me. I searched the forum intensively before deciding which broker to use. Alot of people use Northfinance, FXDD or IBFX... Northfinance doesnt support Micro Lots (0.01) which I needed for my Martingale-Tests - so only FXDD and IBFX were left. Alot of people in the forum seemed to be using IBFX so I decided to open a live-account with them. What now? Everybody gives a different answer to the broker-question but i'll still ask: where to go now? Is IBFX really that bad? Should I switch to FXDD right now? I have no idea :-/

Thanks

rainx:
Uhmm....if this is true then its really a horrible behavoir. Imho the best FX Broker on earth is Oanda... best spreads and most serious website. However they don't support Metatrader which doesnt make them attractive for me. I searched the forum intensively before deciding which broker to use. Alot of people use Northfinance, FXDD or IBFX... Northfinance doesnt support Micro Lots (0.01) which I needed for my Martingale-Tests - so only FXDD and IBFX were left. Alot of people in the forum seemed to be using IBFX so I decided to open a live-account with them. What now? Everybody gives a different answer to the broker-question but i'll still ask: where to go now? Is IBFX really that bad? Should I switch to FXDD right now? I have no idea :-/ Thanks

I would switch. Ask Argorn what his experiances was with ibxf running ea's live. I belive he switched.

matrixebiz:
I'm thinking of opening a live account with FXDD. Can you let me know how to properly download the backdata so I can run some proper backtests? So I won't get a big surprise when I go live with some EA's Thanks

Where do I find the FXDD data? I don't see it on there page.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Where do I find the FXDD data? I don't see it on there page. Dave

I'm not sure, I was asking Daraknor how to do it because he said "The past few weeks I've been working on an EA that runs very well on the FXDD downloaded history (which is different but not by much from the chart history). Downloaded history seems to be ECN data, the upstream price provided to FXDD by Tradition Group."

... and I thought that's what he meant. I would like to use FXDD.

Zip File Update

Zip file is updated with the equity target fixed to close on individual pairs! Down load the update now.

Multiple pairs...here we come...LOL

nothing else has been changed yet. This was one of my most important elements to my stradigy.

Dave

Cool, I'll download now The version on March 20 seems to be trading and the version from March 28 doesn't. Hopefully this new one will for me I even had Volume set to 100 and cci's at 5. Equity protection level is 0.0, should I change that?

Thanks

the march 28 version should have 1 short in on euro$. The signals are a little different on the 28th version, but accuracy is better.

What demo broker?

dave

I've had a few people claim that the data is identical, downloaded and chart based. It corrupted my history horribly, and then I started looking for discrepancies. I found them. It is *very bad* to load both the downloaded data and the chart data on the same installation of MetaTrader. Choose one or the other. I have found the downloaded data to give incredibly good results for my pet project commercial EA, and chart scrolled data to give only mediocre results.

I'm rewriting the EA in C#, Python or C++ depending on which order execution platform/protocol I integrate with. Oanda won't be supported since they still have a dealing desk. HotSpot FX, MBTrading and Currenex are the three brokers I'm looking at and they all have subtle differences. MBTrading is the most likely candidate for initial support, and then extend/adapt the code to the other brokers (common protocol makes this easier). I mention this primarily to illustrate how far I'm willing to go for a "great broker". I consider FXDD to be a "good broker".

FXDD (in my opinion) has a dealing desk. They guarantee execution at a price, they don't trade with slippage, fixed spreads, etc. This functionality requires a dealing desk. Pass through trading to an ECN can't do any of these things.

fxdd dl data vs chart info:

Download chart infoby scrolling to the left on each time frame. You should be able to go as far back as Jan 28 on most currency pairs with M1 Data. I need to look over a few hard drives and computers, I might be able to go back to September with M1 or it might have all been corrupted.

Download history at http://www.fxdd.com/mt1m_data.html

Install metatrader into a new directory, do not set up an account, import in history center (double click the timeframe M1 for the currency), close and reopen MT4, run the script "periodconverter" with values of 5, 15, 30, 60 on an offline M1 chart to create the different timeframes. It needs about 20 seconds for each.

rainx:
Uhmm....if this is true then its really a horrible behavoir. Imho the best FX Broker on earth is Oanda... best spreads and most serious website. However they don't support Metatrader which doesnt make them attractive for me. I searched the forum intensively before deciding which broker to use. Alot of people use Northfinance, FXDD or IBFX... Northfinance doesnt support Micro Lots (0.01) which I needed for my Martingale-Tests - so only FXDD and IBFX were left. Alot of people in the forum seemed to be using IBFX so I decided to open a live-account with them. What now? Everybody gives a different answer to the broker-question but i'll still ask: where to go now? Is IBFX really that bad? Should I switch to FXDD right now? I have no idea :-/ Thanks

FXDD does not support micro lots, they only support mini lots on mini accounts. If you open a "regular" account, the minimum trade size is 1 lot. NF I haven't researched much, but we did some forward testing with FXDD, IBFX, NF, Velocity4x and a couple of other brokers. FXDD was consistently the highest performer, occasionally beaten by a small margin by NF. In December Phoenix on FXDD performed 150-250 pips higher than IBFX every week. (IBFX usually traded at a loss, FXDD at a win) Because of the higher performance, PhoenixFund became an IB for FXDD. (Paperwork started late December after the results were in.) The IB# for referral is 5424.

On the broker thread, people posted graphs of the spreads IBFX was having from tick data. The graphs indicated regular (not average) 9 pip spreads on majors. FXDD was a flat line during market hours, and a 1 pip higher flat line during off hours for the currencies checked. Check your spread with:

Print("Spread: "(Ask-Bid)/Point);

Oanda would be ideal for martingale strategies, because you can trade with any amount of currency. It is not ideal for developers, because it costs $600/month just for testing and research.

Reason: