Goblin "BiPolar" Edition - page 55

Nice work on jitterbug Bluto. Blowing the socks off of bipoler. Nice win%

Keep that up and you got a holy grail.

Trader83:
Dave, sorry for asking many questions, just tell if I am annoying! I just want to use your experience in order to trade with the real account with Goblin as you do.

Is it crusual to change TargetEquityToCloseAndReset parameters from 0.14 to 0?

Talking about % risk, you mean set RiskPercent=0.5 in Goblin settings? I am not able to put 0.5 parameter into RiskPercent.

If you have 5k, how many lots will be opened with risk=1%? Will it be 0.1 lot with 1:200 leverage?

What leverage do you have on micro FXDD?

Thanks a lot for help!

you can set equity target to 0. Its not crucial.

200:1 leverage.

.01 starting lot size per 1k in account. (.05 risk) recommended on initial deposit

.02 starting lot size per 1k in account (1% risk) forward tested well, but not recommended on initial deposit. Wait till trading off of winnings.

pips=no less than 30

5 max trades

18-23 target

Those are crucial

No more than 3 pairs. If your worried and a nervous type, then run it on less pairs.

ea

bluto,

lets start the jitterbug thread................

it looks really nice,

Congratulations,

bluto:
FYI, here are some live results of "JitterBug" since last Wednesday 02/21 with conservative settings running on a small pilot account.

Target equity not crucial? I thought the idea was to close and re-start at certain intervals.

xxDavidxSxx:

.01 starting lot size per 1k in account. (.05 risk) recommended on initial deposit

.02 starting lot size per 1k in account (1% risk) forward tested well, but not recommended on initial deposit. Wait till trading off of winnings.

pips=no less than 30

5 max trades

18-23 target

Those are crucial

No more than 3 pairs. If your worried and a nervous type, then run it on less pairs.

Are you saying here that targets should be different for buy side and sell side? 18 for buys and 23 for sells?

xxDavidxSxx:

pips=no less than 30

5 max trades

18-23 target

Those are crucial

robp:
Target equity not crucial? I thought the idea was to close and re-start at certain intervals.

it works great on 1 pair. But with 3 pairs it don't

18-23 meaning you can vary your target in that range, with a 30 pip step.

You can move pips to 35 with target of 23 also.

Run some back tests with your broker and see how it performs. Then run demo.

there is not much modification I personally would do to bipoler. what ever our differences, Bluto did a fantastic job especially considering the how quick he wrote it.

The ATR thing: if a pair's daily ATR became more than (X #) (for me it would be 90) then bipoler would not start any new cycles. And let the current cycles run till they close and discontinue trading untill daily ATR dropped back below (X #).

And...

Equity target: If it could only consider the equity of the pair its placed on. When trading multiple pairs equity target becomes much less affective. Rarely gets used.

I really don't see a need for exacting entrys. If we could use indicators to exact entrys allot more ea's would make money. But having more than one exit method in play increases chances of a profitable exit.

And some one showed me some results on martingale lot sizing 1,1.5,2,3,4,6,12 ect instead of doubling down each time. Kinda like half steppin.

I was trying to make that change my self but cann't figure how.

I dunno if any one can or would consider these mods but there they are for the taking.

phorex_phreak:
bluto, lets start the jitterbug thread................

patience.. patience....

people are funny in these forums (not necessarily you phreak but this prompted this post).. they want everything for free as soon as possible...

THEN.. when they got it without even seeing if it works people ask to add this and that and changes this and that....

THEN.. they when they have totally exhausted themselves with silly questions that the answers have already been posted to ... they don't post their testing results...

The people that contribute around here show a great deal of patience with us all, please try to show them respect and be nice

xxDavidxSxx:
And some one showed me some results on martingale lot sizing 1,1.5,2,3,4,6,12 ect instead of doubling down each time. Kinda like half steppin.

I think LotExponent = 1.5 should do that.

Reason: