PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 4

chrisstoff:
Correct summarising. Theoretically I agree with all of them. In practice (mainly testing) I have not find a setting that would have worked profitably with stops (probably it is my problem because I was not able to find the right setting).

Use one of my simulation Excel sheets in the "Goblin Bipolar" thread to get a feeling about a reasonable configuration. Then test with pairs that have ATR smaller than twice your target pip range.

If still unsuccessfull, scale everything up (pips,takeprofit etc.) until daily range fits your range better.

The most important thing when looking for a reasonable setting is the following:

Success probability is totally independent of your lot size configuration! Your entry signal and pips/sl/tp configuration determine your win percentage.

However, your lot size configuration for individual orders of a trade determines your risk and your profit distribution.

Try to optimize expected value, which means heavier weighting for the most likely winners (small order number) and not too much weighting for your losers (avoid exponential lot sizes for orders, this builds up the iceberg you will be crushed by ...)

Doubling risk when squeezing out only a few more winner percentages is the killer. I successfully worked with only 6 orders and SL, now I use 10, however everything above 6 is not supposed to become a winner any more, they exist to get out early and to avoid having to bang against SL every time.

chrisstoff:

I would add two points to the list though:

- Make possible to run the trade when it is in a favourable trend

- Hedge the trade to breakeven (or near) then cut it out if it is in a trend against you

I did not have good results using TrailingStop to squeeze more pips out of a trade. A trade is then always closed after unnecessarily giving back pips. The average trade gets damaged more than the rare additional pips are worth.

However, it is not really a problem, because if the entry signal is still there, another trade is opened, which occur often in groups of 2-4 trades.

Hedging can be done easily by opening a trade in the opposite direction after say, 5 orders have been opened (if not already open). This works fine, note that there is still a high chance that both trades turn out winners. Otherwise we have been able to reduce loss a bit.

shibeng:
Yo man yeah you do need good vacation. Away from posting ur junk here and from fx trading. lol. And yes I am a great C++ programmer and big difference between hack like you and me is I know proper development, testing and debug cycles for code before putting it to users so they dont trip all over it. Amatueur like you put ur junk here and want everybody to fix it. Did you even get it to work before you post it here. No I dont think so. The code doesnt even make sense what ur trying to do. Dumb ea dumb dumb dumb. You just try to be a big shot again I know.

This guy comes on here and asks if I tested it before posting it? LMFAO....DUDE....the 2 back tests are in the file The first version worked. And the fixed version works. If you actually looked before opening your big mouth you'd know this. Big shot? heh...I'm trying to learn something new.

And I am doing what every one else on here does. Working as a group to improve profitability.

Instead of asking some one to make changes and add or take things away I did it my self. Thats doing what you and alot of others wanted to see. Me do something besides talk......

NOW ITS YOUR TURN!!!

do something constructive.

What doesn't make sense is you do nothing but flame. I think you need a girl. Or something. Give that arm a rest.

And definantly give that mouth a rest.

Your comments are unfounded. (that means has no basis)( you made sh*t up off the top of your head) (spoke before thinking, or looking)

I noticed you cleaned up your grammar? Who'd you get to do that? Now maybe you'll figure out what spell check is college boy.

Dave

GUYS...

What I do is determine what settings will get me through 4-5 months with out bust. Because if you withdraw every 1-2k profits, you'll have made more than the bust. And you still have about 1500 on a 4-5k account margine call. Then you refund the account and do it again for a few months.

But look at most of the busts. They happen on first friday of the months news. Or some other news. Or change of the year. Basically they happen at times we'd turn it off. Just don't get brave and try to leave it on durring big news.

I can try to add news filter next. I have some practice on that area.

More agressive settings could be really good but letting it run 24/7 on a back tests we don't know what will really work, or how agressive we can get.

As for CCI indicator...I have made alot of money trading that indicator manually. But if you want to be more accurate in entrys make CCI_Peroid=55.

If you want it to make more trades and take entrys in a more random fasion just set CCI_Peroid=8 <---good for scalping. And/or the buy/sell numbers to a lower level Or both at zero.

And for low volume trading simply set volume to 50 or 20 or turn it off by setting it to zero.

Volume=0 and buy/sellcci=0 then its an "always in" ea.

Thats why I gave the period settings to the indicators in settings window. You can adjust every entry signal to your own liking. Or if less experienced, default are good low risk easy going settings.

So when you see a bust look at the day of the month.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Just don't get brave and try to leave it on durring big news.

How about writing a simple DLL that extracts news-dates from ForexFactory to skip those "hot-zones"? This should also work for backtesting. Another Idea would be the suggestion from me that I made above... chaging Currency after each "step" for diversification.

Thanks for your nice indicator.

rainx:
How about writing a simple DLL that extracts news-dates from ForexFactory to skip those "hot-zones"? This should also work for backtesting. Another Idea would be the suggestion from me that I made above... chaging Currency after each "step" for diversification. Thanks for your nice indicator.

I'm sorry. I'm not with you on the switching pairs thing. Mabe you need to look into the "hedge ea" thread. They deal with different pairs. That ea will make money. I forward tested it for a few months. Its just kinda slow goin on small deposits of 5k.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
I'm sorry. I'm not with you on the switching pairs thing.

No problem. I have a differnet Idea to reduce risk :-) Have you heard of Kelly's Theorem? Its the best money management algorithmn I know - have used it in my own indicators. Basically its: percentage_to_risk = global_winning_% - global_losing_% so say we won 68% in the past with a certain trade then its 68 - 32 = 36% risk per trade. I divided this by 10 because of the margin... worked great for me.

What do you think about the forexfactory-newsdate-extraction-dll? Shouldnt be hard to implement.

xxDavidxSxx:
Mabe you need to look into the "hedge ea" thread. They deal with different pairs. That ea will make money.

Thanks will do that too (But I didnt talk about hedging in my Idea)

rainx:

What do you think about the forexfactory-newsdate-extraction-dll? Shouldnt be hard to implement.

Thanks will do that too (But I didnt talk about hedging in my Idea)

Is there an ea where this news DLL thing is used? Since I am so new to coding, I need something to go by.

Dave

xxDavidxSxx:
Is there an ea where this news DLL thing is used? Since I am so new to coding, I need something to go by.

Uhm no but such a DLL could be coded in a matter of a few hours... or maybe check the forum if such a DLL has been developed already.

rainx:
Uhm no but such a DLL could be coded in a matter of a few hours... or maybe check the forum if such a DLL has been developed already.

I wouldn't know where to begin. I can only work with something I can look at. It will be a long while befor I can just pull code off the top of my head and slap some retrieve news dll. Had a hell of a time just getting CCI to signal right ...LOL

Dave

Here is back test with cci fixed.

Reason: