PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 26

volume ma??

Anyone else having issues with Volume Ma not loading into platform. Tried shutting down, turning computer off, compiling mq4 file? Still wont show up?

I have too many metatraders on my comp. Got it in the right one. Will test GBP/$ on the 1hr time for 5 years

giapel:
hi, dave

do you use tf = 1h ?

thanks

giapel

I tried using hours. All I want to avoid is the friday morning news. It didn't make much sense to avoid the friday news and place trades an hour or two after, just before the weekend. So I just set it for days. I haven't tried but I think you can do multiple days with a comma between each #. 0 is sunday 5 friday.

Dave

daraknor:
I saw you were working on Trailing Stop code. I added the trailing stop routines from Phoenix 6 Beta 5. I added one extra parameter, MoveTPonTS just above the long/short info. Use a value of 0 to disable this function.

I suggest it would help in backtesting if there was a simple option to have shortInfo=longInfo and then run a routine inside Init() where all of the variables are copied over. That would reduce the number of tested conditions to a square root their previous value. O(n) becomes O(n^0.5). The Trailing stop code I included has an extra check for long vs short. You can make the code smaller and split it into two parts, but then you will need to have two copies of it instead of a single line in your main code.

If you want to make the same changes to MrPacMan I imagine this is a simple example to doing so. Feel free to rename the file as you see fit, I altered the name for file management. Enjoy!

I got the trail set up so each individual orders trail can be modified. Its just not available in the settings window yet. I didn't want the settings changed for this test purpose. The trail will kick in on the 1st and 5th order. If its triggered too soon on the fifth order it can be like a bust. So it kicks in at 40 pips.

The pip step is progressive. This is why it has a 60 pip tp. The 60 pip tp is needed so the 5th order can cover the previous. With the progressive pip step the price can run 200 pips or more in the wrong direction and it just gets to opening its 5th trade.

Some of the things your telling me I don't understand. Your more in depth on the mathematics side of it. I am more technical, with indicators, and market movement. I'll take a look at what you added and see what I can make of it.

thanks

Dave

fxpertno1:
I have too many metatraders on my comp. Got it in the right one. Will test GBP/$ on the 1hr time for 5 years

LOL... I get the same problem.

I saw a 1 year test on fxdd data looked awsome. Cann't wait to see 5 years, providing it can run the entire length with out bust.

thanks

Dave

matrixebiz:
Ok, testing now with Velocity FX Trader M30 default settings. So, If the broker starts on Sunday I should change no trade day to 6, correct? as to not trade on Friday

5 for friday

Use h1 only.

thanks

Dave

fxpertno1:
I am trying to do some backtesting and keep getting this error in the journal.

2007.04.25 23:38:56 2007.02.19 20:59 PacMan-CPA-TF EURUSD,H1: invalid ticket for OrderClose function

Anyone else having this problem??

I have a correction for this. I'll try to have the files updated by this evening.

Here is something I want everyone to test out. Its in ex file because I don't want 100 different test settings. I need the exact same settings on different brokers/time zones, ect...

You do have the option of changing no trade day, and from conservitive mrspacman signals, or agressive RSI/I_Trend signals, and magic #'s.

run this on gbp$ and $jpy.

Dave

edit ex file updated with equity target error fixed

Files:

File Update

I updated the file with equity close error fixed. Everyone get your copy. Its nice to see it closing trades with no error...lol

Dave

edit: ex file on last page is updated too.

xxDavidxSxx:
Some of the things your telling me I don't understand. Your more in depth on the mathematics side of it. I am more technical, with indicators, and market movement. I'll take a look at what you added and see what I can make of it.

thanks

Dave

The trailing stop code I added was very basic, but very safe. The minStep code is required for a broker that changes the minimum distance for a SL or TP adjustment, and FXDD does this during news. I like my trailing stop code, but I don't know how it works into your strategy or if it was included properly. I'm also unaware of what difficulties you might have been having. Please let me know if I can help, and how. Jurik's Zero divide issue made my brain hurt, I haven't had the gumption to sort through a dozen arrays again yet. Intentionally obfuscated code is never fun to work on. :/

Let's say you're optimizing a setting for the Buy orders. We'll assume it takes 5 hours. If you want the same setting on the sell side, you can't optimize so Long=Short during the optimization. Let's say you optimize both settings at the same time, and then look at the results. Optimizing 1 setting, long only, 5 hours. Optimizing 1 setting, long and short, 25 hours. By having the init() code copy long settings into short settings, long = short and you end up with 5 hours.

tests?

Here some backtesting done on MrsPacman w/ default settings. Testing other settings. Will post

Reason: