PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 16

Two week update, seems good on the $3000 with first version (03/20) but not so good on my $500 account with latest version;

matrixebiz:
Two week update, seems good on the $3000 with first version (03/20) but not so good on my $500 account with latest version;

Are you running both on same time frame and same settings?

Here is my real account statement from the point I closed the ausie trades that were going off to never never land. It started me at 3651$ ( 51$ in the black)

In the middle of the graph you see it opened max 5 trades and on 1 occasion 4 were opened. But it weathered the last 2.5 weeks(this week slow waiting for nfp).

I admit, I'm not rushing out to buy that island "yet" but I am satisfied it is performing as intended.

Each and every version's defaults will be ran on real money when posted.

For now I only recommend defaults on h1 chart. m15 is looking ok but still forward testing it.

But if the first version is performing better for you then by all means, use it.

Do me a favor. e-mail me 1st version. I'll put it back on the first post and put a 1st next to it.

xxdavidxsxx@yahoo.com

thanks

Dave

Files:

Hi, just using the default settings on M30. I'll send you the first version 03/20/2007

matrixebiz:
Hi, just using the default settings on M30. I'll send you the first version 03/20/2007

m30 is, for some reason, a backwards time frame. Meaning what works on 1hr and m15 usually don't on m30.

Try it on the m15 and see how you like it. I am forward testing m15 also, but only started it 2 days ago.

All demos handles the news today with no problems. Real money sat it out today.

Dave

Here is my statement up to this week using the first pacman (setting on on my previous post).

Btw, matrixebiz, your result is extraordinary! I think, I should start using more than one pair with pacman. I was too afraid using multiple currency pair in martiangle system actually :P

Cheers,

Files:
pacman_1.htm  24 kb
pacman_3.gif  5 kb

Yeah, I like testing with all the pairs just to see which ones work better and provide profit every week. Didn't realize M30 wasn't good, I'll have to try M15.

For anyone thats interested, I've added a variable to close profits when certain amount is reached in account.

Everything else is the same.

Would like to next add a trading time variable to close trades during NY session and see what the results would be.

Enjoy

Files:
pacman-cpa.mq4  31 kb

ericbach:
For anyone thats interested, I've added a variable to close profits when certain amount is reached in account.

Everything else is the same.

Would like to next add a trading time variable to close trades during NY session and see what the results would be.

Enjoy

Thanks for the modification Eric. Is it like SecureProfit variable in 10points3? That's nice. I'll have a look at the code.

Cheers,

Here is the version with a Time Filter added in.

Can be setup to prevents trades from starting up during certain volitile periods as NY news session. Havn't had the chance yet to really test it out.

The only problem is it does not close any prior open trades but runs them thru the close time period.

Would appreciated if anyone else can test this and share results.

Enjoy

Files:

ericbach:
Here is the version with a Time Filter added in.

Can be setup to prevents trades from starting up during certain volitile periods as NY news session. Havn't had the chance yet to really test it out.

The only problem is it does not close any prior open trades but runs them thru the close time period.

Would appreciated if anyone else can test this and share results.

Enjoy

Cool, I like to try and have everything closed off before Friday close if I can so hopefully if I stop trading on Friday the rest will close and not open any new.

Reason: