EA Templates

This may or may not be the place for this.

I noticed NewDigital gathering code and putting it in a thread. Some one was asking about, or something was mentioned about EA templates. This way we don't have to try to write it from scratch.

I have put together an EA template with volume filter. Can someone take a look at it and make sure everything I have in there is doing what its suppost to. I don't get any errors. Its not made from bipoler or pacman.

Right now it will trade on the volume filter untill signals are added.

I thought it would be nice to have several different pre-made templates all in one thread. With all the different ideas and programmers, we should be able to get quite a few different templates.

Dave

EDIT: If there are any mistakes in my template please e-mail me the corrections and I'll update the post.

Thanks xxDavidxSxx@yahoo.com

Files:

I think templates are a GREAT idea, which is precisely why I made my own. I personally, don't understand how anyone could stand writing the same code and functions, over and over again, for every EA. I've attached one of my more recently made templates.

Dear master coders,

where can I find a EA based on SHI Silver indicator,

I try to use your templates but my skills on code aren't that good,

and the only thing I what to do is open a position when shi silver gets blue or red using a % of my available account.

thanks for any reply...

vmartins:
Dear master coders,

where can I find a EA based on SHI Silver indicator,

I try to use your templates but my skills on code aren't that good,

and the only thing I what to do is open a position when shi silver gets blue or red using a % of my available account.

thanks for any reply...

Might be better to start a thread, post the method, and see if any of the guys take an intrest. When you do I'll take a look and see how complex. I am very novice.

Dave

I'm a little surprised more people aren't interested in templates. They really are a great idea.

ryanklefas:
I'm a little surprised more people aren't interested in templates. They really are a great idea.

People are interested.

We had one thread about template and we are having two threads now (including this one):

Templates to create EAs and Indicators:

- some good templates are here;

- templates with some new codes are here https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general (it is this thread).

Cool. Thanks for the link, newdigital. You rule!

Here is another EA template written by Patrick over at the IBFX forum.

Hi Ryanklefas, compliments for your template, I really like your coding style, very clean.

Would you be so kind to provide me an example of code to fill up your template for opening a new order (example rsi greater then 40)? And to close one?

Thanks a lot

superluz:
Hi Ryanklefas, compliments for your template, I really like your coding style, very clean.

Thanks. I always make it a point to keep it clean, because if it isn't, I can't understand it, and if even the author can't understand it, what good is it?

superluz:

Would you be so kind to provide me an example of code to fill up your template for opening a new order (example rsi greater then 40)? And to close one?

Thanks a lot

The following EA link is an EA that I made with Base 1.71 Simplified.

https://www.mql5.com/en/forum/general

Thanks a lot you are my hero!

Reason: