PacMan (my first hybrid) - page 2

rainx:
Thank you. Now i managed to backtest your System. (See the attached Image). The equity-curve reminds me on my experiments with the Firebird-EA.. it looks to good to be true at the first place but if the system really loses then the profits of the last few month are gone... its because of the pyramiding I'd say :/

All martingale can bust. But I see that it got to 18k, so it made 8k huh?

The trick to any martingale system is to withdraw profits every 1-2k made. Then the bust will be smaller than the profits you've withdrawn.

I cann't say this enough. DO NOT PUT MORE MONEY IN YOUR ACCOUNT THEN YOU CAN AFFORD TO LOSE.

Thats the first thing you learn in forex.

You didn't tell me what those settings are either. I have included 2 good back tests in the zip with different settings. And More will be added as I test other settings.

But please....dont just post a busted graph picture and then tell me it sux, with out telling me what the settings, time frame, broker, or any other factors are.

All brokers are different, they all have different filters. This will affect EA's performance from broker to broker.

All my tests forward and back are on FXDD. And FXDD WILL allow 4 pip scalping on euro$, for anyone who wants a good scalper, this is it. I'll post that test with others later.

Cijas:
Hi Dave,

i have this error : Volume JMA Option EURUSD, 1H : zero divide

When i change currency pair, i have same error.

I have got that too. Close out meta trader and re-start. That worked for me.

If it don't work, maybe someone can look at the code and see what I did wrong

Dave

shibeng:
Hi man I love you ski jump equity curve. This thing look pretty bad. Maybe stick to Goblin name and call it Goblin Schizo cause it all over the place. Anyway you hardly change anything of original BiPolar so a new name not worthy. Ripping off bluto again. Bad bad bad.

And you have nothing at all to add but your foolish noobie mouth.

Too bad I live on the east coast. May be I'll take a vacation

"""Anyway you hardly change anything of original BiPolar so a new name not worthy. Ripping off bluto again."""\

I changed the signals, added filters, took out signals, added multiple lot size settings. And am working on more.

Mabe some one needs to tell this kid what the definition of "Hybrid" is....

And some one needs to tell him all the goblins are 10 points 3 hybrids.

The reason most of the original code is there is because its the martingale system and order send functions. No need to make changes or to re-write it.

For a guy that suppose to be in college and in c++ classes, you sure are dinse.(that means lacking of common sense)

Hi David,

I think you should just forget Shibeng's comments, he has nothing really good to say.

Keep up the work with your coding and 1 day you will get there - we all have to start from somewhere and no doubt mistakes will be made along the way.

xxDavidxSxx:
I just took out the other indicator and put CCI in its place. I have no idea what this line means.

'.....

if (MathAbs(cci1 - cci1) / Point > 2.0)

if (MathAbs(jmav - jmav) / Point > 2.0)

No clue what the MathAbs is, or what the 2.0 is doing.

Maybe you missed the line where I said this is my first attempt at coding, and have never done it before.

If any one can tell me what mathabs is and what function is that line. I would appreciate it.

Actually by putting a template on the visual chart on back test I noticed the JVEL is the final signal that allows it to enter a trade. (thats why I added the other indicators period to the settings window, so that they can all be adjusted to allow for a different final entry signal)

But I do want the CCI to work.

And if some one can tell me how to define the profit of the long orders, and the profit of the short orders, so then I can make the equity target look at only the pair its on, that would be cool too.

Dave

Ok I know what the lines with the MathAbs is doing. And why it won't work with it. I blocked out all the other signals and tried to get it to trade just off the CCI signal. I was able to get it to place buy orders but not sell orders.

Any ideas?

Dave

alassio:
Something is wrong with your signal generator function:

if (MathAbs(cci1 - cci1) / Point > 2.0)

if (MathAbs(jmav - jmav) / Point > 2.0)

{

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 < -40) {SignalOrderType=1;}

if (jmav > JMA_Volume && cci1 > 40) {SignalOrderType=2;}

}

This code never generates a signal, because cci1-cci1 = 0.

So your signal in fact is only base on RSX and JMA_Volume?

Was that the intention?

Ok I got it now. Correction is in the zip file first post. There was a problem with woodies I guess. When I used the regular cci and took out 2 unnecessary lines it was fine.

You can set the cci buy/sell signals in the settings. Default is conservitive 160.

thanks For pointing that out to me.

Dave

David,

Stupid question: When your EA enters step 2 where it doubles the lot size of step 1: why does it have to trade the same currency again? ;-)

Say theres a strong trending market against us on that currency we are trading .... which leads us right into drawdown-hell! So why don't we just change the currency traded in step 2?

What I'm talking about is a simple daisy-chain:

step 1: buy 1 lot of eur/usd

step 2: buy/sell 2 lots of eur/chf

step 3: buy/sell 4 lots of eur/gbp

etc...

using this method, chances, that a strong killer-trend on our main-currency is going on which will wipe us, are reduced alot. Of course the lot-sizes above need to be ajusted so that the losses of trade n-1 are fully compensated after TP.

Please let me know what you think

Thanks

rainx:
...Stupid question: When your EA enters step 2 where it doubles the lot size of step 1: why does it have to trade the same currency ...

Come on, please read first everything about Goblin Bipolar, 10 point 3 etc. to learn how Martingale type EAs work: After a small move against them, they increase risk and success probability such that a smaller move in the right direction gets the desired profit. They risk, however, that the small adverse moves add up to a big one. Depending on your configuration, you either use s/l and eat the loss, or you go until the limits of margin etc. and risk account busting.

xxDavidxSxx:
Ok I got it now. Correction is in the zip file first post. There was a problem with woodies I guess. When I used the regular cci and took out 2 unnecessary lines it was fine.

You can set the cci buy/sell signals in the settings. Default is conservitive 160.

thanks For pointing that out to me.

Dave

Ok, having looked at the corrected version your signal is generated as follows:

- Use CCI above/below limits as main buy/sell signal

- If no CCI signal, use RSX confirmed by JVEL as in classic Goblin Bipolar

- Filter everything by JMA of Volume above limit

Is that now what you want? What does "Volume" mean anyway, is it really useful?

I miss your ATR(5)<90 filter ...

You still are not using stops, any ideas how to ease the drawdown problem?

alassio:
Ok, having looked at the corrected version your signal is generated as follows:

- Use CCI above/below limits as main buy/sell signal

- If no CCI signal, use RSX confirmed by JVEL as in classic Goblin Bipolar

- Filter everything by JMA of Volume above limit

Is that now what you want? What does "Volume" mean anyway, is it really useful?

I miss your ATR(5)<90 filter ...

You still are not using stops, any ideas how to ease the drawdown problem?

Yea,thats how it should read.

Volume can be very usefull. It indicates market activity is picking up. If you set volume too high it won't trade. So some one can select there desired level of market activity befor a trade is entered. This will keep it from placing trades on false signals. As a trend comes to an end the markets volume will decrease(I have to test what setting is best) But when it decreases at the end of a trend, it should help keep it from placing that final order that gets left behind when the trend reverses.

I had added the ATR thing. But in back tests were super slow with ATR D1 initialized. I'll do that one manually for now.

Dave

Reason: